Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove pinion gear

Hi,
    How do I remove the pinion gear from the motor without damaging both the pinion and the motor?

Try doing a search for pinion removal GWS has it

Mike

Comment

That pinion looks like Align TRex pinion. Look around the pinion to see got any set screw or not. If don't have, then u have use HZM method.

SH

Comment

i got a pinion gear removal for less than 2mm shaft..dun buy if you need it just one time..i can lend you mine, but you need to come down bukit timah..hee

Comment

Originally posted by awesome
          i got a pinion gear removal for less than 2mm shaft..dun buy if you need it just one time..i can lend you mine, but you need to come down bukit timah..hee
          Thanks for the offer. I am thinking of using a soldering iron to heat up the gear and slowly tap out the gear. I think they might have loctite the gear to the shaft.

BTW
          It not an Align motor. I just use the pic to illustrate.

Comment

use proper tools, bro...

Comment

Originally posted by chiadennis
              Thanks for the offer. I am thinking of using a soldering iron to heat up the gear and slowly tap out the gear.
              The heat method won't work. The metal shaft & gear conducts heat too quickly. GWS sells gear remover. $14 to $18 depends on size. I got, PM me if u live near toa payoh.

All CRASHED...

Comment

Originally posted by AReality
                The heat method won't work. The metal shaft & gear conducts heat too quickly. GWS sells gear remover. $14 to $18 depends on size. I got, PM me if u live near toa payoh.

Thanks. I am staying in Simei.
                Couple of things I need to do before I pull out the pinion gear.
                I nose dive the plane last weekend.
                Stupid thing on my part. Change a new radio. Told myself to make sure I got all the control surfaces deflecting the right way. Check a few times, did range check and still didn't realise that the ailron is on reverse. Real stupid of me. Only after the crash then I notice.
                Anyway smesh the step-down gear box. I have to get a new gearbox and if it uses the same gear pinion than all is cool else I'll PM you.

Comment

Originally posted by awesome
                  use proper tools, bro...
                  I will also strongly recommand using the proper tools bro...

removed a pinion gear once off my motor for ratio difference, using the 'cave-man' method. won't work, infact drop the whole motor away bcoz shaft was bend...
                  Roll call from hanger
                  -Kyosho, STRATUS 1600 Glider
                  -JH Spitfire-25 size (no 2.)
                  -Cap 232-15 size
                  -GWS P51 Mustang EP, from a nice DH flyer
                  -Dualsky Breeze PRO

Kissed the ground...

-Scanner
                  -JH Spitfire-25 size (no 1.)

Frequency

-Spektrum, DX7

Comment