Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 channel tx

Hi all,i have reading up quite abit lately abt radio equipment, but i still have no idea why an r/c heli needs a 9 channels Tx 95% of the ppl i see from the local airfield has a 9 channel tx for their heli, from my limited knowledge is it true that all u need is a min of 6 channels to fly that 3D bird ? so if tat's the case where does the extra 3 channels go to ?

Jonathan

throttle
    elevator
    ail
    rudder
    gyro gain
    pitch
    Governer
    spare
    Batt

The reason why I use a 9ch is for the additional mixes that I can have...those are usually only found on the TXs with more Channels...
    TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

so far I nv use more than 6ch I buy a 9ch bcos everyone bought one

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Art
        throttle
        elevator
        ail
        rudder
        gyro gain
        pitch
        Governer
        spare
        Batt

The reason why I use a 9ch is for the additional mixes that I can have...those are usually only found on the TXs with more Channels...

oh wow thats a lot of new terms ! i only know elevator, rudder, pitch, throttle ... long way to go

Comment

rule of thumb to beginners, if you intend to stay long, buy at least a 8 channel one. Futaba 9CHP or JR9X are very good investments as you do not need to upgrade any further after owning one.

P/S: you do not NEED, but you may WANT.

Comment

Hmm....more controlling and flexible on the mixing

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
              so far I nv use more than 6ch I buy a 9ch bcos everyone bought one

Mike
              That's a good one...
              I use 9 Ch because it has more memories with the CAMPac thingy. Mixes I seldom use but did program to have triple rates on all my planes.
              Also "Everyone bought one"
              Juz crossed over to the DUCT side!

Flying: P-51 Mustang, Corsair, F4 Phantom, Beaver(GF's), TigerMoth(GF's)
              Slope Glider: E-Hawk 1500
              Still in Box: Formosa, Zero Fighter, Me 109
              Things to Sell:
              - T-rex 450XL NIB
              - Nano Falcon(not build yet)

- Speed 370 motor with JST connector & Spur gear $5, PM me

Comment

Originally posted by skareb1986
                oh wow thats a lot of new terms ! i only know elevator, rudder, pitch, throttle ... long way to go
                Not to mention, if you do scale heli's, you may want retract servos and navi lights....etc

Some planes like 1.20 size P47 require

2 or 1 servo/s for elevator
                2 servos for aileron
                1 servo for flaps
                1 servo for rudder
                1 servo for retract
                1 servo for throttle

Comment

More channel is more for bigger aircraft where u have retractable wheels or in airplane like airbrake and etc.

If u are those who into building something on your own, u may need those extra channels for other purpose like Missile launcher, Search light, Cargo bay for paratrooper to jump and etc. If u build your own Osprey or Tandem heli, u might need those channels also.

SH

Comment

Working...
                  X