Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get Esky TX and sim cable to work on Parallel port ?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get Esky TX and sim cable to work on Parallel port ?

Hi guys, just gotten a humblebee heli from another forum member, and would like to train on sim 1st before attempting to crash the heli. However, my laptop doesn't come with any serial port, but have paralle port (dun ask me why).

Anyway went to Rotor today to get the cable, and a serial to parallel convertor from SLS. However, try as I might, couldn't get the TX to work in FMS. Actually, it can't even detect any input from the TX. Just wondering if anyone has encountered the same problem before, and any possible solution for this problem. Thanks

Upz... anyone can help?

Comment

i encountered the same problem also. Bought the cable (think to printer port)& ESKY simulator and can work no problems. But when i downlaoded & installed FMS, the cable cant seemt o work with it.

There's someone selling cables that will work with the FMS in marketplace not too long ago. Personally, i think the esky simulator is very good, much better than FMS and also more dificult than the real thing... shld make for better practice.

Comment

I not sure about your ESky sim...but have you try install PPJoy?

Comment

Yup PPJoy installed, but after I added the LPT1 radio tx using PPJoy, I don't get any reading from the TX.

Comment

Have u solved the problem? i encounering the same too.

Originally posted by kenshinz
            Yup PPJoy installed, but after I added the LPT1 radio tx using PPJoy, I don't get any reading from the TX.

Comment

not sure if this will help.

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
              Robotis Bioloid
              Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

In the end Avalgo made a cable for me to connect my Esky TX to the printer/parallel port (LPT1).

Mine didn't work originally cos I used a serial-to-parallel convertor to connect the serial port of the cable to my laptop. However things don't work that way apparently. Can look for Avalgo if you need the cable, nice helpful guy.

Comment

BTW another thing is the FMS that came with the Esky simulator, or that downloaded off Esky's website can only work with the Esky Simulator, or Esky controllers connected through serial port (if I'm not wrong). Think they patched something in the code to recognize Esky controllers only.

My Esky controller is the older one that came with the humblebee (so technically not a true Esky TX :p). Use the normal FMS that you can find off the web and it should work just fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X