• Show
Clear All

lost thread screw

how to remove a lost thread screw??

What is lost thread means?

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
    BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

I believe it is "lost head" rather than "lost thread".

Comment

Should be lose thread screw. Correct me if im wrong. That means could due to over tighten or so, n now no matter how u try to tigthen or loosen, the screw just cant b remove. U got to try to pull or if cant then chop of the head part of the screw n drill it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ah Liew View Post
          Should be lose thread screw. Correct me if im wrong. That means could due to over tighten or so, n now no matter how u try to tigthen or loosen, the screw just cant b remove. U got to try to pull or if cant then chop of the head part of the screw n drill it.
          Hmm, make sense. Loose or lose?

Comment

Hahaha, typing error. Should be LOOSE not lose.
            Tks bro NB8686 !

Comment

Originally posted by alucard View Post
              how to remove a lost thread screw??
              He probably was trying to say that the screw head was stripped?

Comment

Originally posted by Ah Liew View Post
                Normally if I get this problem of a stripped screw head, I use a pair of pliers and grip around the head tightly, then slowly but surely, turn it in the anticlockwise direction. If you've got locktite on it, it would make your job a whole lot tougher.

Chopping off the screw head and drilling it works too! I've tried it before, but it took me a while to drill through it.

If the OP meant to say that no matter how he tries to tighten the screw it just doesn't tighten and keeps going round and round, it probably means that the hole is enlarged. You would then have to either 1) change the mounting OR 2) fill the hole with epoxy then drill a smaller hole through it again, OR 3) Use locktite to fill and hopefully get away with it.

Of all the options, I'd recommend either 1 or 2.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                X