Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbrushing Help

Recently purchased a Badger 250 basic single action airbrush gun n TG-130k twin action gun. Using d Badger gun wz a propellant can, I hv no prob wz spraying. Den got myself a mini air compressor 1/6 hp wz a working pressure of 10-30psi. Problem is I can't get d paint spraying, onli air. I'm using acrylic paint, thinned wz water at a ratio of 50/50(as recommended by some forums) even used d Windex/glass cleaner method of thinning but to no avail. Is d air pressure too low or m I doing d mixing ratio wrong or both? D guns hv no prob spraying when i fiiled dem up wz water onli! I even dismantle n chk d gun for loose parts etc etc, all is in working order. Pls help/advise..... Tks
    Conquer Your Stick!!

Hey! the problems you mentioned is also way too familar to me. acrylic paint + water never worked for me b4...i always use window cleaner to thin my paint and it never fails. you must really make sure you get thickness just right. Online in many forums many ppl will say thin to the consistency of milk, but what kind of milk? anyway my method is using a toothpick, put a drop on the side of yr airbrush paint cup and let it slide back down. if it slides back down without leaving a trail, its too thin. If it wont slide at all, its way too thick. you want it to be able to slide down the sides easily but leave a trail of colour behind. just slowly add yr thinner, in my case window cleaner, till you acheive the ideal.

The quality of yr acrylic paint and your coulor matters alot when airbrushing. you must ensure the pigments are as fine as possible or it will clog your nozzle. certian coulors will have bigger pigments. so far i only have problems with white (always) and blue (depending on which shade of blue).

if you have a compressor as crappy as mine (hobbyking), these problems will be even worse...so must rlly get yr paint right. always clean the inside of yr nozzle each time you finish painting or things will get alot worse frm there. i simply fill the paint cup with soapy water, cover the needle cap with my finger, pull back the needle and blow through the air valve.

Hope this helps! cheers~
    Janson

Comment

Working...
    X