Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC Land Sailing

Thinking of building one but dunno how/where to start. Anyone have experience/plans to share?

Cheers!

For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

think master stuka have DIY one b4. wait for him to coach u
    Sanwa M8 Version 3

Kyosho Inferno777 SP2 WC/STS21D

Comment

Sanwa M8 Version 3

Kyosho Inferno777 SP2 WC/STS21D

Comment

Thanks for the link.....I was looking for it!
        For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Monsoon is Coming

Hi Guys,
          Monsoon is coming, so let's get started.
          If you are still not convince, see if this video will excite you.

Vifo

Comment

Cool
            Let's build some & race. Look more fun then buggy. Gonna search for some plans now....

BTW do they have brake??

Comment

Land Sail

Hi Joed,
              I doubt they have brakes, you control by steering the front wheel which is attached to one front servo, for braking, you just have to flip the sail around.
              Since the unit the rather light with no breaking or propelling parts, it is a very safe sport.
              Here is some rough dimension:
              Length overall ............100cm
              Beam (width).............. 75cm
              Height O/all................130cm
              Weight around............. 1.5kg
              Best constructed with Aluminium tubing, can buy from Shop in Kitchener complex (where rotor hobby is) at the junction facing the Jalan Besar Stadium.
              You can give them your dimension and they pre-saw for you for easy transportation.
              Wheels, use those from Airplane or whatever left over from In-line skate.
              Sail material, get from HotSpot (Plaza Singapura) (ribstop material)
              Servos .. you need 2, preferably one with high torque for sail.
              Receiver and Transmitter, any old 2 channel , even am type will do.
              Plans, Do Your Own Design. If anyone has one please post for the Hobby.
              Cheers
              Vifo

Comment

i'm interested!!!
                used to sail competitively. Laser class.

someone start another build thread?
                stuka can start his 6ft tall one?

can someone explain how the rudder control(front wheel) and the sail trim is programmed on our controllers?

3 sail positions on each tack. close haul, reach and broad reach. meaning probabaly 6 positions for the servo? or will the servo be able to somehow reverse the sail positions on opposite tacks?

does anyone understand me? or am i speaking greek?
                stuka help!

Comment

I guess it sound more spanish to me
                  I want to try to build one. Looking around for any plan

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                    i'm interested!!!
                    used to sail competitively. Laser class.

someone start another build thread?
                    stuka can start his 6ft tall one?

can someone explain how the rudder control(front wheel) and the sail trim is programmed on our controllers?

3 sail positions on each tack. close haul, reach and broad reach. meaning probabaly 6 positions for the servo? or will the servo be able to somehow reverse the sail positions on opposite tacks?

stuka help!
                    Sorry, I no unnerstand boatspeak. The front wheel is controlled by a servo, and it's called 'steering' I think. The sail trim is also controlled by another servo, open or close, the position depends on how much you dial in in your controller. The wind will take care which er, tack your sail falls on.

You know where to get used in-line skate wheels?

Comment

Check out cash converter in Tampines for the wheels. They might have.

Comment

RC Land Sailing

Hi,
                        Another cheap source to buy In-line wheels is go to Malaysia hypermart, like Giant, get a pair of new cheap skate for RM49.00 or so and you have 8 wheels with bearings.
                        My suggetion is not to use in-line skate wheels, because it is not smooth, you can try to spin then on in-line skate.
                        Better you get Airplane wheels. It should be good enough with less friction.
                        Vifo

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan

stuka help!

I understand you but I'm not sure how the sail trim is controlled exactly either. From the video it seems its a pretty small range, probably similar to windsurfers because of the high apparent wind. These should scream on a broad reach!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vifo
                            Hi Guys,
                            Monsoon is coming, so let's get started.
                            If you are still not convince, see if this video will excite you.

http://home.att.net/~rcsailcars/Windjammer.wmv
                            Wow I didn't realise they were so big
                            Would probably require a pretty big parking lot?

Comment

Working...
                            X