Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehehe, I guess I just found out about the pics...

Ok, second image from left you see the new sponsons with contact glue applied and drying. The assembled sponosn in the background is the old one.

First image from left I have put formers and bottom in place, third image shows the aft part with formers and bottom. The fourth image shows the completed right sponson.

I will possibly be using silicone for watertighting the hull. I feel the use of contact glue and silicone goes well with the flexibility of the building material. I did use epoxy on the rudders, wing and cf-rods, though.

Comment

I intended the front top plate and low sponsons to be sanded out after gluing, not just glued and be done with, i like to have the sponsons nicely rounded up to meet with the top front plate

The maiden'd Hydro127 is from the 1st set of drawings and have a few inaccuracies in it, especially at the front sponsons, i've noted that and updated and posted them on 1st page of this thread which is what yo've got

Very nice pics, glad you are able to upload them, take your time to build, i'm very sure you enjoyed it.

Nice to see black foam against the snow this winter, should be very visible, thanks for posting Mossie Keep us updated, anybody else doing the Hydro thingie???

Comment

I've just re-edited the video, realised i set a few wrong parameters for the video streaming, the video is smooth now at 30 frames per second and there's music now

Comment

Now the ultimate for Hydroplane

Hi AstroBoy,
          Great Video with music, Congratulations.. , needless to say the satisfaction of it all.

I was at RC forum on related issue, and boy, how I envy this Post.
          Quoteep 29, 2005, 08:05 PM Report This Post to a Moderator · #11
          tdearth

Yep, I have 25 acres on Sweetwater Lake. I built a little 3 acre pond on my property so that is where I plan to fly this hydro. For now I have just been flying it off of grass in my back yard.
          I will PM you and get together some time.
          What kind of work do you do down here? I may be able to use your services.
          PM me.

Tim
          That's Life Man...Can we build a 3 meter pool and shrink Hydroplane?
          Cheers
          Vifo

Comment

Thanks Vifo

Been busy with other projects

How about a MICRO Astro Hydro? Anyone interested with this idea?

Can i take a quick poll who is interested in a Micro-sized Astro Hydro and what electronic/BL motor setup you guys recommened, when i'm free i may come up with the drawings

Comment

Micro Hydroplane

Hi AstroBoy,
              Yep, this is a Good idea for those who have limited transport and handling problem.
              Can sure use this CD rom motor which Rotor Hobby is Selling for S$25.00 and cheap Micro Servos from RC Flip Master.
              I support your Effort and honestly speaking you are the Best person to do it as you have proven record in your 127% Hydroplane.
              Good Luck and get your Family Blessing First for Spending time for this New Project.
              Cheers once again.
              Vifo

Comment

Originally posted by Vifo
                Hi AstroBoy,
                Yep, this is a Good idea for those who have limited transport and handling problem.
                Can sure use this CD rom motor which Rotor Hobby is Selling for S$25.00 and cheap Micro Servos from RC Flip Master.
                I support your Effort and honestly speaking you are the Best person to do it as you have proven record in your 127% Hydroplane.
                Good Luck and get your Family Blessing First for Spending time for this New Project.
                Cheers once again.
                hello vifo,

abit off-track for the thread.. can i have more info on the $25 cdrom motor by rotor? any links/pics?

thanks.

rifqi.
                this hobby is a compulsion/addiction/disease

Comment

whoops.. ok.. i found the motor in rotor's site.. heh heh.. sorry..

heres a link..

rifqi.
                  this hobby is a compulsion/addiction/disease

Comment

Thanks guys for the feedback,

I WILL do a Micro Hydro drawing IF there's interest in one. I don't want to post drawings but nobody builds it

Comment

Update from Norway: the hardware arrived last week, I'm going with an AXI 2808/20 and FlightPower Extreme 1600 3s-pack. Controller is a Castle Creations Phoenix 25A. Will try different propellers but a 8x4 on this motor shoul provide close to 1000 g thrust. I believe that should be sufficient....

I have been busy working lately, so no progress on the project. But looks like this week is promising. Unfortunately, the weather has turned normal so it looks like maiden flight will be with frostbite as well. Actually, my flying time is severely reduced since we are entering the dark season...dusk is around five in the afternoon, by November it'll be at three...

I hope we have lots of snow this winter, and will certainly post pictures of the beauty in winter wonderland if that happens. If everything goes as it should, we will have snow in a month or so from now. I'll keep you updated.

Comment

Hi Mossie69,

Good to hear from you again, I'm sure it would be fun to fly and skid the hydro around in the snow, send pics of snow outside your window ok Never experienced touching snow before

Shorter daylight sure sucks

If during maiden flight the hydro keeps wanting to torque-roll to the left, reduce your prop from 8" to 7.5"~7", or increase your elevon throws to about 15mm (up & down), remember to put in Exponential too.

Cheers Bro!

Comment

hi astro sir, i just read through both of your threads (astrohydro original and 127) - and i'm very, very impressed. It's good to hear that it flies well. I hope you don't mind, but I'll be printing out the 127 plan as I've got a brushless outrunner and 25aesc in a cub that I just fly for relaxation.

Can I ask something sir - i understand you used 5mm compressed foam, if I were to use depron, what would your recommended thickness be so I can be close to your original plans in terms of weight?

Thanks again sir, and congratulations on your very nice project

Shaun
                          Philippines
                          « « « Hirobo R/F Freya Twister - 12FGh » » »

Comment

Hi Shaun,

Thank You for the kind words It's wonderful to see someone from the Philipines signing up here at DaddyHobby

Is your depron 1/4" ? if so, 1 piece on the main deck will do.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi Shaun!

I'm building with depron and I use 6 mm black depron, you've seen thepictures above. These things are so light that a few mm plus or minus will not make much difference. You will be putting on at least as much weight in hardware. With the AXI 2808 I have so much power I could have built it in plywood.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Steven! Actually I haven't bought any kind of foam yet, was just making sure before I go out and buy, so it's either 5mm compressed foam or about 6mm depron. I've just been to Singapore and it's really, really nice!!! The city is so clean and very kind people. How I wish I could live there

I've had the good fortune to be able to print out the plans in 1 piece, I asked my cousin who's an architect, and they have a plotter in the office that easily prints out huge architectural drawings. The hydro plan is now in my hands and as soon as I get some foam over the weekend, it's building time!! Thanks again for your wonderful craft Steven!

Hey Mossie, you hydro will be really cool, as it's black! I don't think we have colored depron here, I'll probably just paint mine with spraypaint
                                « « « Hirobo R/F Freya Twister - 12FGh » » »

Comment

Working...
                                X