Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AutoGyro

Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

autogyros the predecessor of the modern heli....walter and pk lee had one prototype at their place...but heard it didn't fly that well. it was a slowstick fuselage(or stick ), with a brushless upfront powering a horizontal prop, with a honeybee cp head...
    JR 9x
    Raptor 50 SE
    Raptor 90 3D
    Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
    Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
    Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

100marks for you Brandon.

Comment

Some pictures to inspire. Taken from this site. http://avia.russian.ee/vertigo/helicopters.html

Comment

Hi Guys, here are two that have fully restored and are the RAF Duxford museam....

Comment

Originally posted by DennisP
            Hi Guys, here are two that have fully restored and are the RAF Duxford museam....
            Woah Dennis, are those really meant to be offensive crafts? IT would be scary to be a pilot for that craft kekeke.
            Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Now that is a good question, I suspect that the German machine was some sort of trainer for another secret balistic German machine. The British one if my memory serves me well was for research again some weid and wonderful device the Brits were designing at that time, it actually flew very well.

Comment

The German autogyro was intentionally designed to be launch and towed behind German subs allowing them to have a greater view over a larger radius. Thus the small size, means the autogryo must have a very low stall speed since Subs are normally quite slow!

Cheers...

Comment

I wonder anyone here in Spore tried rC AutoGyro? post your pics here man!

cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by DennisP
                    Now that is a good question, I suspect that the German machine was some sort of trainer for another secret balistic German machine. The British one if my memory serves me well was for research again some weid and wonderful device the Brits were designing at that time, it actually flew very well.
                    a bit off topic here kekeke.

Talking about British, I know a few English pilots, mostly retired from service and they get up combating for thermals in London Gliding Club regularly, and yes they are RC flyers too both glow and electric (information for some who assume too much). I had the priviledge to "steal" some free session (costly!) with one of them during my studies there and it was crazy! I didn't know these kind of gliders can do aerobatics (not just normal loop), trust me no engine sound adds to the experience when you even pull a simple loop, you hear and see everything better in a glider somehow.

I tried CT-4B something before and aerobatic manuevers experience can be quite weird and different with non powered crafts. No engine sound really helps you "feel" the wind and the aircraft in a way quite unique.

Now, I am sure these Gyro crafts will be unique too, I can't help but imagine the experience lol, with a hugh blade quite capable of taking heads off lol
                    Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Thanks for the update Daniel, what a brilliant solution to a problem. I do wonder how they pulled the pilot in after a mission being towed as a submarine does not have a very large area to land on.

Comment

Autogyro plans

Comment

Originally posted by P4cm4n2000 View Post

cheers!
                          Hi a very good day to all. Sorry hasn't been actively posting.

I happened to make Alfoot's "Twirl" depron Autogyro a few mths back. Quite fun to make and fly.

Just to share a video here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnNntnfvdAU

I was amazed it could fly as the rotors were made with filmsy 3mm depron strips according to Alfoot's design (RCgroups). It is a great design.

I guess there should be someone else other than me in Singapore who has flew the RC Autogyro (esp not the depron profile version).

Cheers !

Comment

Originally posted by P4cm4n2000 View Post

cheers!

I guys i been flying this auto gyro since the 1980 the last time fly it about 2 years ago.

fly very well with good wind can land like a heli and hover .
                            it is power with os 25 size only use 3 channels

put it up for sale in 2004 but no offer.here link

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight View Post
                              I guys i been flying this auto gyro since the 1980 the last time fly it about 2 years ago.

fly very well with good wind can land like a heli and hover .
                              it is power with os 25 size only use 3 channels

put it up for sale in 2004 but no offer.here link

cheers
                              Cool, this auto gyro is almost as old as me!

Btw this was fully diy, bought off the shelf or partially diy?

Comment

Working...
                              X