Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blimp Propulsion Design

Hello all,

I have been tasked to work on a blimp and as such I have a few questions about the control and propulsion system design of blimps or airships. Let's break it down into different control axis:

Yaw: Differential in the power of the twin fan at the gondola or should i install a tail fan?

Pitching: Is there a tendency for the blimp to pitch up or down? If yes, can i fit a fan horizontally at the tail of the blimp?

If you guys have any ideas you may list down here, I need more ideas!
    JR 2.4GHz 10X

JR DS8717
    Solid G
    KY-3000 30% nitro

place all your control surfaces near the CG as much as possible
    Don't PCW

Beam E4
    Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
    Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

Hey...sounds interesting...funny that i work with real blimps but never really get into rc blimp...anyway u gonna fly it indoors or outdoors?...cause helium reacts to temp so ballasting i figure will be a point to consider
      Gravity Always Wins.....

Comment

I am interested too, for indoor flying but the major show stopper is supply of helium in singapoore. Too expensive to own a tank and pre fill is not cheap either.

I played with helium RC blimp b4 but is more of a toy. The use bi directional contorl on 3 prop. One pair for forward, backward and rotation. One single prop for up and down. no movement but all thrust control.

Comment

Working...
        X