X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

information on blimps

hi i am a student in singapore poly and currently doing a project

what interest me is RC blimps.

does any1 knows where i could get them in singapore ?
    or any hobbyshop that sells the balloon?

thx alot

Originally posted by Gmlord View Post
    hi i am a student in singapore poly and currently doing a project

what interest me is RC blimps.

does any1 knows where i could get them in singapore ?
    or any hobbyshop that sells the balloon?

thx alot
    funny that im not interested in rc blimps but i do work with a real blimp company..well far as i know..have not heard of local shops having em...here's a pic of my current blimp that im working on in Japan

Gravity Always Wins.....

Comment

wow thats big lol

yea i tried finding the ballon of the blimp locally in the net and shops. sadly i can't find any

trying to look for a 1m+2m balloon then put a mirco controller on it
      to control with ipad

help needed hopefully some1 knows where to purchase the balloon!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gmlord View Post
        wow thats big lol

yea i tried finding the ballon of the blimp locally in the net and shops. sadly i can't find any

trying to look for a 1m+2m balloon then put a mirco controller on it
        to control with ipad

help needed hopefully some1 knows where to purchase the balloon!!
        aight first we don call it the "balloon"..the bag that contains the helium is called the "envelope"...one of my ex-colleagues bought a 6m long rc airship while we were in China...but it was a complete set with the gondola(cockpit) and twin motors(electric)...they do sell the smaller version of it..even some comes with gas engines....the manufacturer was from Suzhou..about 50km off Shanghai...if im not wrong the one he bought was abt 1000us...something like that but im not too sure..here's the link...hope this helps a bit...

Gravity Always Wins.....

Comment

Can order online.

There are cheap toy ones are here
          >> http://www.hobbytron.com/RCBlimps.html

Medium class are here
          >> http://www.rctoys.com/Merchant2/merc...rtBy=best-desc

Big and expensive ones are here
          >> http://www.southernballoonworks.com/...ol-blimps.html

Comment

But I need it urgently does any1 willing to sell me their blimps
            Sec hand

Cause last min project due by next Monday

Comment

If you're in a real, big hurry, why not just get a large party balloon. Those that are made of mylar (silvery foil material) sold at party supplies shops. Some of these can be quite large enough to resemble a blimp. Or get two or more, and bag/wrap/tie them together for greater lifting power.

Should be quite easy to get quickly for your project.
              ------------------------------
              Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
              NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
                If you're in a real, big hurry, why not just get a large party balloon. Those that are made of mylar (silvery foil material) sold at party supplies shops. Some of these can be quite large enough to resemble a blimp. Or get two or more, and bag/wrap/tie them together for greater lifting power.

Should be quite easy to get quickly for your project.

+1....FoxtrotKilo

Since its a "last minute" thing, u ll need a "last minute" improvise. Sometimes $$ cant solve "last minute" thing
                My Hangar:

Heli 1:T-REX 450SE (Hughes MD 500)
                (SE-maiden 15/03/06)
                (XL-maiden 16/10/05)

Heli 2:RAPTOR 50 TITAN
                (TITAN-maiden 16/06/2006)

Heli 3:T-REX 500ESP (T-rex maiden 25/9/10)
                (FLASHER 500-maiden 08/10/2009 R.I.P:09/08/10)

Heli 4:Flasher 250
                (maiden 13/09/2010)

Airplane 1:GWS A-4SU Skyhawk For Sale
                Airplane 2:GWS P-40N WarHawk RAAF maiden flight 20/08/10 For Sale

Transmitter:
                JR 9XII(XPS 2.4)

Its all fun & games till the bills come..

Comment

If there is no blimp, make a zeppelin loh.

Sorry ah, sounds like you need to really work through the night to finish.
                  "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Sounds like the lecturers are real idiots for making these poor students do silly projects that have no real meaning and purpose.
                    These are not cheap toys by the way!

Comment

And here's another fyp project enquiry... Looks like it is fyp season again??
                      http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?p=493946

It may seem to be a rush, but you got to admit sometimes the students nowadays procrastinate until last-minute, then "lao sai", panic, etc. Perhaps we could launch some kind of website with the necessary background info, components and costs, targeted at fyps??

I tend to agree with the observation that some school projects these days have not much practical purpose, and does not break new ground in research. The focus is more on being "showy", interesting and eye-catching - things like UAV or unmanned systems.

Don't you think that the most advanced UAV technology is already available in china? ...where the bulk of RC models and cheap RC toys come from There are already some fascinating toys with seemingly amazing tech sold at ToysRUs - and very cost-effectively produced too, if you look at the prices.
                      ------------------------------
                      Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
                      NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Hahaha...LOL....foxkilo you are too kind.
                        Shouldn't the school be the one who put up the website?
                        I mean there are past project as well. There is already a body of knowledge there to pool from. If the school don't want to help themselves who will?
                        A lot of it is just being selfish and I blame the lecturers for it.

Comment

Maybe I can start a business renting FPV gadgets and selling info to them...haha...

Comment

Originally posted by etman View Post
                            Hahaha...LOL....foxkilo you are too kind.
                            Shouldn't the school be the one who put up the website?
                            I mean there are past project as well. There is already a body of knowledge there to pool from. If the school don't want to help themselves who will?
                            A lot of it is just being selfish and I blame the lecturers for it.
                            Actually I can also say it's the student's fault. Projects should have a long runaway.

I mean, you can observe some of the other poly student's attitudes. One of them is Viper1990. He started his 'FYP' even before his 'final year!' and it was mostly independent research.

Don't blame the lecturers for everything, sometimes it's the students that have last min attitudes.
                            "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Starting out on something you have totally no idea on, no background is a disadvantage. Plus student where got money to play with such expensive gadgets?

I know viper1990. He's a brilliant guy and he has financial support of his parents.
                              That's why he's got an advantage.

I can't say the same for the typical poor student with no background at all.
                              Its really unfair to them to say they are procrastinating. When you got no straw, how to make bricks?

Give me money, time and talent, I will have a successful project.

Comment

Working...
                              X