Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino Help

Hi,

I am planning to start a Quadcopter project which incorporates GPS waypoint navigation. Have decided on using Arduinos for this. I have done some research on Arduinos and came up with a list of boards that i might need.

- Arduino Mega
    - Ardupilot Mega
    - GS407 UBlox5 GPS 4hz
    - UBlox Adapter

I am wondering if this combination works? Appreciate any help from anyone familiar with Arduino Boards.

Thanks!

no sensors?

Comment

With the aurdipilot mega you don't need the aurdino mega.. Apart from the GPS modules, for the quadcopter thing. I think you may need the x,y,z sensor or the Arduimu, and possibly a few other shield for communications, and speed control etc..

Comment

Get the platform off the ground first before going for GPS autonomous flight.

There are few other consideration on the gyro, mainly pizeo or mems...

You can start with flight stabilization, this alone will take you lots of time tuning it right for the PID parameters, that's if it works the first time you power up, if not there are also many things to troubleshoot, esc reprogramming, converting it to comm using I2C instead of PWM signal, etc....

A good IMU unit will costs you about $300 for just the gyro sensors, on top of that , you will need to add acceleration sensor to compensate drift. its $$$ all the way...

Its good to know your ultimate goal, but do it progressively and the learning won't be so steep.

Just sharing, building my tri & quad too, hope to fly in a months time.

Cheers

Comment

i assume you already know about DIYDrones if you are using Ardupilot. If not, here's a nice reference for you
          http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...opter-part-iii

Comment

If you are doing it out of tinkering, than its worth going further into Arduino and stuffs...

If not, just get yourself a china clone MK Quad, its cheap and fly out of the box, can do GPS waypoint, return home feature, etc...

Diy from the ardupilot project will set you back many hundreds of dollars more and even more time setting it up correctly, as compare to china clone MK board.

My Arduino Wii Quad has airborned, it now has mems gyros with accelerometer for self levelling, next will add altitude hold function, and camera/video pan & tilt function.

Comment

For school project or personal?

Comment

Arduino

Originally posted by Strykerxd View Post
                Hi,

I am planning to start a Quadcopter project which incorporates GPS waypoint navigation. Have decided on using Arduinos for this. I have done some research on Arduinos and came up with a list of boards that i might need.

- Arduino Mega
                - Ardupilot Mega
                - GS407 UBlox5 GPS 4hz
                - UBlox Adapter

I am wondering if this combination works? Appreciate any help from anyone familiar with Arduino Boards.

Thanks!

Hi bro, i suggest you start from the basic first, and not straight away jump into that. i start to build the arduino module from being, i had proven for my success....Photo to share with you later..

Comment

Originally posted by Strykerxd View Post
                  Hi,

Thanks!
                  Can wait for the FY91Q DreamCatcher [GPS Enabled]

Thanks
                  عبد

Comment

IMHO, GPS hold or attitude hold, or whatever stabilization for a multicopter is not satisfying. It will still drift and wander about because of the prop wash that is inherent. Compare that to a normal heli with stabilization. Normal heli is more stable.

Not to mention more gadgets means a very expensive toy to crash.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdul View Post
                      Can wait for the FY91Q DreamCatcher [GPS Enabled]

Thanks
                      Why wait when you already can enjoy it now.... you have seen mine

can start with the basic Quad which already have self stabilise/self level.. and when you ready, can add more arms to turn it to Hexa or Octo...

and can add waypoint and GPS later.. like a lego...

Comment

Originally posted by etman View Post
                        For the best auto-stabilization...

...use chicken brain...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXUeO3auRZg
                        That is a good one.

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
                        Robotis Bioloid
                        Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

Working...
                        X