Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner in need of help!

Hi all,

Im a student from a SP needing some help from more experienced "players".
    Currently planning to start a project regarding mikrokopters. Dont noe if anyone in Singapore builds it as a hobby as im a beginner in the field of RC building. If anyone has experience in this area, much help is appreciated. Thanks!

Ambitious project for a newbie...

Comment

The mikrokopter require multi discipline to build..

I guess it depends if you already have any knowledge in microprocessor programming?

Lot's of members here have good enough knowledge and skill to build the model, but it's the microcomtroller that makes this project.

It's not that difficult if you know how to work on pcbs and microprocessor..

IMO. if you sincerely want to make this project happen, then you can try to start by listing your current capability so that other interested members can evaluate if they can fill in the blank spot and from a team from there..

I'm sure lot's of members here would want to tackle similar project, just that most of them would have a hole somewhere waiting to be filled..

Originally posted by Strykerxd View Post
      Hi all,

Currently planning to start a project regarding mikrokopters. Dont noe if anyone in Singapore builds it as a hobby as im a beginner in the field of RC building. If anyone has experience in this area, much help is appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Mikrokopter is very expensive. $$$.
        There are ready made kits available from Germany.

How much is your project fund?

First you have to do your research, your homework.
        Discussion Mikrokopter / UAVP / quadrocopter / quadrotor build Multirotor Drone Talk

Not many people in Singapore have this, you'll have better luck asking questions at RCgroups.

Comment

Hi all,

What aspect of this are you looking at? Build from scratch? Develop your own controller? Or...?

As a r/c "player", I can honestly tell you that modelling of this quad rotor thing is really not in the catogory of r/c.

There are lots of papers published on quad rotor and its dynamics. You might find something from there.

sigpic

Comment

If you are starting a brand new project on this quad concept, there is already about 3 groups i know of in SP electrical school doing this. And i think they wouldn't share the "technology" with you.

I understand from some groups that they are using this ready made microcontroller boards call arduino. There is alot of people building uav using that stuff, lots of documentation even codes are available on the web. Some other groups buy theirs from overseas etc...

Like what is said by the others before, its the software that sets you apart. Hardware, many people can do it.

But anyway, this mikrokopter or quad rotor thingy is nothing new and has been done and re-did lots of times already, so shouldn't be hard to find info even within SP, search the FYP database...

My opinion.

Comment

Hi all,

Your problem solved... Just get the Gaui quad gyro (GU-344) now available: http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...4&postcount=26

Quadflyer building made simple
              ------------------------------
              Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
              NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Thx all for your input. Currently my im not very well versed in the field of programming. But its all part of the project to learn i believe. Anyway i have a budget of around 1600. Is it possible to make this project happen from scratch?

Another situation im facing is, i am thinking of adding the GPS function to the mikrokopter. Will it be very costly and will it be difficul to integrate into the mikrokopter?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X