Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Needed!

bros,

do know where i can buy string or thread made of kevlar or carbon or fiberglass which is similar to those used in r/c sailing but abit thinner and lot more stronger. . .

hope you can help me out coz i need it in my project. . .

thanks alot

You may be able to find some Kevlar threads in SingHobby in Fook Hai, but theirs are not like sewing threads if these are what you are looking for. Theirs look like thread but upon closer examination, it is actually make up of numerous fine strands. For those that look like sewing threads, search ebay. Plenty available but postage not cheap. Good luck.

Comment

thanks

i went there but they say they dont have or they did understood me properly coz i ask for "carbon or kevlar string or thread" may i know how they call it and when was the last time you know about it

Comment

Yes kevlar thread are Singapore hobby (fook hai) saw yesterday (9/10/2009) a few in a plastic bag above the spinner, wheels, glue. section

Comment

thanks

bros,

thanks alot for the help and did you saw the youtube of the 3D jet

thanks again

Comment

I like the last part video hover at really low...one mistakes will cause bye bye...very very challenging i love it. thks for the exciting video bro.

Comment

RC sailings we usually use braided fishing lines..
              I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

actually u can go fishing shop and see... nt sure its the kind u wanna...

they actualli list out the strength of the line at the labels... so u can easily buy the one that suits ur tensile strength need...

they often list out their strength in lb... and they have materials such as nylon...braided...fluorocarbon...

fluorocarbon lines are quite cheap... abt $20 for 50m-500m depending on the strength and the tensile strength and the thickness... i personally lyk fluoro coz its abit cheaper and i can replace it as and when i lyk w/o feeling the pinch and it does not take the shape of the reel when placed in storage over time...

fishing shops are all over the place... popular ones are those at changi village there... one shop is under renovation now... so u go there confirm cannot miss it coz its stuff is placed all over the place... some neighborhood also gt these shops... like yishun mrt there gt one also....

Comment

I got mine for RC sailing on 80-lb strength. I believe a few strands together and you can lift a kid up with it. Of course there are more stronger ones.

Preference would either be single filament or multi-strand braided, or go nylon, which is slightly more difficult to tie knots, the latter.
                  I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Working...
                  X