Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAFMC competition ideals...

Singapore amazing flying machine Competition (organise by DSO and science centre) March 2010

You can be part of it too... www.safmc.com.sg (open category E)

Student are asking me about ideals and help for their different category. It will be long on going journey.

Lets me start off with some videos and ideals to begin with the fun.

Nemo can fly, ratatouille can fly, kettle can fly, toliet man fly, little red riding hood etc and they really fly....

Hope this will spark off some imagination for the young avaitors

Singapore SAFMC 2009 videos clips...

Organised by DSO National Laboratories and Science Centre Singapore, SAFMC is the nation's search for a flying wonder! Opened to all schools and students who...

Read our cyberpioneer story: http://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/publications/cyberpioneer/news/2009/March/21Mar09_news.htmlThe inaugural Singapore Amazing Flyi...

Comment

So are you promoting (as part of the organizing team), coaching (school team), or participating for 2010?

Seriously, this competition is one of the contradictions in the official attitude here towards RC aeromodelling in general. On the one hand, they want to promote this sport in schools as a method of stirring interest in the sciences, engineering and aviation. But on the other hand, some of the nice flying fields in singapore are either fenced up already for some development, or planted with those ugly green signboards declaring "no RC flying allowed".
      ------------------------------
      Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
      NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Wow, its here again.

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
          So are you promoting (as part of the organizing team), coaching (school team), or participating for 2010?

Seriously, this competition is one of the contradictions in the official attitude here towards RC aeromodelling in general. On the one hand, they want to promote this sport in schools as a method of stirring interest in the sciences, engineering and aviation. But on the other hand, some of the nice flying fields in singapore are either fenced up already for some development, or planted with those ugly green signboards declaring "no RC flying allowed".
          Before you look accusingly at the authorities, go look in a mirror !

I've been to numerous FF fields and don't blame the 'forces that be' for chasing us out !

Without going into the details:
          1) Litter left all over the place.
          2) Dangerous flyers.
          3) Inconsiderate flyers.
          4) Devil may care attitude.
          5) Not taking ownership of the field and showing responsibility.

Ask yourself how many of the above have you/your group infringed upon ?
          Have the 'pple flying there EVER organised a single 'clean up' campaign ?

Ask yourself "IS your flying group an asset or a liability to the authority responsible for the field"

Dun make such comments if you are not even sure why they are happening, or even worst, you know but just want to complain !

Sorry for the rant ! >
          Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

I think he won last year?
            "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
              ...Ask yourself how many of the above have you/your group infringed upon ?
              Have the 'pple flying there EVER organised a single 'clean up' campaign ?

Ask yourself "IS your flying group an asset or a liability to the authority responsible for the field"

Dun make such comments if you are not even sure why they are happening, or even worst, you know but just want to complain !

Sorry for the rant ! >
              Well, sorry for provoking your rant before you've even had coffee, but I'm not a "group" flyer... just an individual, self-taught, park-type flier looking for some empty space to fly in peace. That's why I tend to avoid those "designated" fields which attract a lot of people.

I DO know there are reaons why some fliers give a bad name to the hobby, which is another reason I avoid the popular FFs. But again, I'm just pointing out some obvious contradictions in the official attitude..., i.e. frowning on a hobby, while encouraging participation at the same time
              Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.

Comment

Hope you don't mind me comment to this subject, and without and prejudice to anyone.

I believe the organiser, of this event, will have any influence over the state's policy or the respective Development Ministry.

Some of the land area, we are flying, are slated for development in the master plan, planned many years ago. I don't think RC activities is part of their plan, for development have to be for the benefit of the general public.

While some of our FF area was originally designed for activities, other then flying, eg. parks, gardens, etc. But we still fly there. I actually have not issue with it, if they practice basic safety discipline.

Bearing in mind that the authorities did not invite us to use those fields for RC activities. We actually invite ourselves or rather just move in an claim it as ours. Now, do you think it is fair if the authority decides to claim back what is rightfully theirs? They can't hold back development because we need to fly on that site.

Now if the land is NOT slated for the next stage of development. And I think if we take care of the area, maintain a safety-minded flying pattern and respect the residents' right of usage. I don't think the authority will have any issues with us having our FF. But that is, if that land is not slated for any development.

So lets not try to shoot the organisers when they have no control of such matters.

Cheers

PS: I'm not from any government authorities, hor. Just sharing my thoughts.

Comment

Wow! Perhaps everyone has been overly sensitive... just to clarify I'm NOT "shooting" the organiser or expecting them to do anything.

Just making an observation, and thinking aloud... that's all. My style is a bit too outspoken, perhaps??

Comment

hi foxkilo
                    ANS : I am not a organiser, coaching or even participating for 2010.

Seriously, this competition is one of the contradictions in the official attitude here towards RC aeromodelling in general.
                    ANS : I understand competition does have its set of setback, rules and regulations. If you have concern and unhappiness about the organising community or unhappy about offical attitude/set of rules you can always be the parts of the meeting to raise the issue concern (cannot fight them join them) or be the in the meeting/chairman/community voice up for futher improvement. You can also write to DSO for your feedback email where link is provided.

But on the other hand, some of the nice flying fields in singapore are either fenced up already for some development, or planted with those ugly green signboards declaring "no RC flying allowed
                    ANS : Your concern, field problems, your point of view is important to the authority LTA/ URA/ town council /MP /IDA for the changes and feedback for nice flying field (which you don't own the land or in control) not forget to mention indian play cricket in the field - green sign "state land". I am sure they will like to hear from you with a soultion. Anyway singapore election is comming next year, they are most welcome for changes feedback.

SAFMC competition will still run next 2010, institute, schools have sign up and participation already 70 teams had sign up - even if you complain. I am sure you like to voice it to the schools/institute by emailing or to stop them from particpating so called "one of the contradictions in the official attitude here towards RC aeromodelling in general" (school such as : ITE, Singapore poly, NTU, SYFC, hwa chong , cresent girls school, and many more... Not only on RC flying , paper airplanes/gliders/automated flying/unconventional.

I am making a point here. if we want to learn and excel and be better we must be humble to learn, learn from others , learn from experimenting, contribute ideals solution, perhapes service, to show (is give and take - in forum -in rcgroup too). Sometimes solution/ideal can be very impt, very interesting to learn from esp designning making of planes : eagles, Vtol, EDF etc (joeyup/dennischia/ken/gostfit/murmandy/Msc/sunstorm/helicraft/aerosmith...many more contrubute in the forum) to someone is reading it may in need of for planes slope gliding, plans, manuvoure, heli, car, boat, electronics etc..informative learning).

Is educating important?
                    imagine you have a child that want to learn (cca), perhapes you may want to improve to learn more about this rc hobby and wanted to get it right with lesser mistake, Where can you learn from? (anyone in the field ? a non RC experience house wife/uncle/unite?). Or observing/helping/contributiing/searching forum is enough? Or Knowing competition like (scale/heli/pylon) this where people displaying their models/ ideal how they do it be helpful? Oversea foreign flyer like thailand/japan/germany come to singapore to do sharing helpful?

I am still learning, I am only a beginner in the field, I am still learning from others, I know I forgotten some and I know I am getting it back more by contributing and helping others.

Comment

An even more impressively long answer. Thank you for the kind attention

Comment

Originally posted by zennith View Post
                        (joeyup/dennischia/ken/gostfit/murmandy/Msc/sunstorm/helicraft/aerosmith...many more contrubute in the forum)
                        ??? ???

joey up ?
                        ...gostfit ??
                        .....murmandy ???

...You are SOOOOOO gonna buys us kopi !!!
                        Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
                          ??? ???

joey up ?
                          ...gostfit ??
                          .....murmandy ???

...You are SOOOOOO gonna buys us kopi !!!

im mandy now...
                          Kedi AH !

Comment

Same old problem with people here in this forum... machiam woman lah, so sensitive with some deviation of speech and opinions.

Tell GF tonight work late, GF will think you go out with other girls..
                            Tell GF need to go oversea work, GF will suspect you might also be going to KTV too..

Why some of you guys behave like that.. sooo sensitive.. cannot be a man, listen / read and then give "steady" comments meh..

Not saying these to create more disputes, but I think we should just not be so sensitive about typed words because you can't see the person's real expression lah.. please give them ( and me ) the benefit of a doubt.. thanks..

And yes Zennith, this activities are good for a start. May or may not be related to RC flying, like what we are doing, but if some responsible group can come forward and share our healthy hobby ( albeit somewhat expensive.. ) to the organizer, government, etc.. show them who we are, what we can do and ultimately what we want... it will be great.

There is not free lunch. To order lunch, you need to pay upfront..
                            I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

well, i see all every arguments in forums, as long there are no personal attacks, as a discussion of a certain topics. thats all. 'steady' bo?

cheers.
                              Kedi AH !

Comment

Working...
                              X