Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stunt Kites to lose weight and excerise?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stunt Kites to lose weight and excerise?

Hi all... I am new to kites and stuff but often see that stunt kites flyers tend to be be weel-bulit (or at least lean and in good shape)

Very curious to check does playing kites helps to lose weight or makes u feel healthier?? Any personal experience?

If so, what kind of kites you play?

One thing for sure....the dark tan at the day of the day....

Originally posted by Pink Peach View Post
    Hi all... I am new to kites and stuff but often see that stunt kites flyers tend to be be weel-bulit (or at least lean and in good shape)

Very curious to check does playing kites helps to lose weight or makes u feel healthier?? Any personal experience?

If so, what kind of kites you play?

One thing for sure....the dark tan at the day of the day....
    stunt kite.. hmmm maybe no..

powerkiting.. definitely yes..
    sigpic

Comment

Dun be crazy... powerkiting dun help to lose weight It makes you stronger and fitter.

Comment

Power kiting is good exercise if you do it the right way. I have seen many tried and given up after 10 mins on the field due to physical exhaustion.

The trick is to let your body do the work instead of your arm, as no way you can win the kite with the amount of power generated (for kite > 5m) under 8-10kts wind.

For example, you can lean back all the way and let the kite keep you up without falling back. In this case, the kite is holding you up instead of you pulling back the kite.

The only time when I pull back is when I need to turn the kite for a jump.

Lai Lai, we all meet and I have many toys to play with kite, 5m,7m,10m,15m, board, buggy..... hahaha...

Comment

Originally posted by extremekite View Post
          Power kiting is good exercise if you do it the right way. I have seen many tried and given up after 10 mins on the field due to physical exhaustion.

The trick is to let your body do the work instead of your arm, as no way you can win the kite with the amount of power generated (for kite > 5m) under 8-10kts wind.

For example, you can lean back all the way and let the kite keep you up without falling back. In this case, the kite is holding you up instead of you pulling back the kite.

The only time when I pull back is when I need to turn the kite for a jump.

Lai Lai, we all meet and I have many toys to play with kite, 5m,7m,10m,15m, board, buggy..... hahaha...
          woahh.. which site was that..?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by intrance View Post
            woahh.. which site was that..?
            Unfortunately, it's not in Singapore. It's at Cherating (Malaysia)...

Comment

Originally posted by extremekite View Post
              Unfortunately, it's not in Singapore. It's at Cherating (Malaysia)...
              Nice harness ! ...reminds me of those shortboards, windsurfing days !
              Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Don't we all feel younger?

Comment

Originally posted by Orangie View Post
                  Don't we all feel younger?
                  No feel poorer , young that time 1 kite cost 15 cents only.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by b25 View Post
                    No feel poorer , young that time 1 kite cost 15 cents only.
                    That depends on our appetite for kites... 15cts per kite plus glass = lots of fun cutting others

Now.. where's the wind?

Comment

Tampines Ind ave 2

Was at Tampines Ind Ave 2 field on Sat between 1:30-5:00.
                      The field is big enough for some buggy run and the wind is not really that bad except that it's not constant hence a few time duing the run the kite will just drop from the sky. Have a few good run though. The wind is clocked around 8-9 knts. Best time was between 1:30-2:30.

Didn't see anyone else flying

Comment

8-9knots? Usually kite near 7pm where all the heli flying activities ended. There is more consistant wind ard that hr. Will have to try the 1-2pm timing.

Comment

power kiting in SG

changi beach is a good place for this sport i think? the wind there strong. I happen saw some guys playing kite surf boarding there....
                          Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

alex..

wind in changi will be great.. but to find such a big place enough for kiting..dats the problem.. if u know any place suitable.. pls let us know

u know how powerkiting pull u..
                            sigpic

Comment

kiting in wlds ff

u know how powerkiting pull u..
                              Yah, tats the 1st time i tried...hahahha, thx to u bro. long time no see le, can come to kpt next to blk516 mscp, i buy u kopi...hehehe
                              Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

Working...
                              X