Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question - Thrust vs Weight vs Friction

Hi guys Sunstorm here, I'm still a relative newbie to RC flying.

Anyway just would like to ask about issues of thrust vs weight.

If I have a thrust of say 400 gm and a weight of 600 gm, would my plane fly?

Must thrust always be above the weight?
    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

drag is more proper for friction in aviation terms. I think frictional force not the only force that's slowing an aircraft down.
    btw u missed out LIFT

there are 4 main forces acting on an aircraft.
    1. thrust
    2. drag
    3. lift
    4. gravity

you do not need 1:1 thrust-to-weight ratio to get a winged aircraft flying
    there's a lot of math and physics involved and i can't understand all of it either. you can try do some research on wikipedia or something

Comment

Do a search..... Basics of FLight....there is lots of information out there on the world wide web...

but you can try here first..

Do you feel the RUSH....!!!!

Comment

Go here too

Comment

Comment

Good links. Now I just need to ensure that the airfoil shape is right...
            "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Working...
            X