Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stunt kite recommend

Hi,

I never fly a stunt kite b4. But I flew single line kite, it cost only $1.
    what to recommen for beginer on stunt kite?

At Marine south, one shop selling stunt kite from prism brand. Wow they are expensive.http://www.d-kiteshop.com/

Micronimensions:99x47cm, $129.90
    Nexusimensions:168x81cm, $173.00
    Quantumimensions:221x103cm, SGD$216.50
    Hypnotist or Mirageimensions:240cmx88cm SGD$285.90

On list of kites above, which one value for money.

I watch the video on stunt kite, it do aerobatic, stunts... look good, going to get one. But the $$$ expensive. May get one kite for beginer to advance.
    Kite fliers please advise.

Try here:

Very handy, this forum's Search function.
    I can haz diving?

Comment

Is the shop price reasonable? I saw one Stunt Delta kite from yahoo auction, selling $15. Can buy?

Comment

I have seen a number of regretful startups into the hobby from sub50dollar kites.

Also from the prizm list you extracted - the smaller cheaper ones are not necessarily lousier, but they are definitely harder to fly as they are smaller. I would recommend something bigger (6-8ft) to start off with. And if the prizm brand price range is not within your budget for the larger ones, go to the link from Nightbreed and you will find other cheaper brands.

Comment

Hi phan,

What you think that I list out the price from local hobby shop. Reasonable for Quantum.

Comment

Hi phan,

But I do not know which brand is more reliable and cheap. If order from Oversea, what is the support for spare parts and the ship cost?

Kind reguards
            Tham

Comment

The Prisms here are quite overpriced. You're better off getting from overseas. Phanchingchong's advice to start off with a bigger one is sound. Small kites, while cheaper, are more difficult to start with as they are very much faster and need some experience controlling them. Bigger ones, while generating bigger pull, are more easily controlled. These kites are generally able to take a fair bit of punishment before things break. Unless you are totally inept, there's no way you are going to smash up your kite any time soon. So, in terms of spare parts, you don't actually need them. But, I guess if you get Prism kites, the guy in S'pore may have spares. Also, the rods that make up the kite frame may possibly be obtained at local hobby shops.

So, get a kite you can afford, find a big open space as free from trees, buildings, people and other tall, vertical things as possible and have fun! This is kiting season!
              I can haz diving?

Comment

Originally posted by Tham
                Hi phan,

But I do not know which brand is more reliable and cheap. If order from Oversea, what is the support for spare parts and the ship cost?

Kind reguards
                Tham
                Contrary to popular (or should I say, beginner's) belief, small kites are harder to fly. So like what Phan and Nightbreed says, get a big one top start with. Span of 6 - 8 feet should fit the bill.

If you shop overseas, always look at the category 'beginners kites'. They are more robust and can take a fair bit of punishments. No spare parts needed. I think the Pyro XS is quite a good beginner's kite.

Although shipping is ex, it's still cheaper than the shop in MS (with respect to Quantum).

Happy kiting.
                For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Hi,

Who bought the Pyro XS from oversea? How much the Kite total cost?

Kind reguards,
                  Tham

Comment

Hi,

Who bought the Pyro XS from oversea? How much the Kite total cost?

Kind reguards,
                    Tham
                    I think no one has bought the Pyro XS. Intrance was thinking of getting one. Maybe you can get in touch with him and see if you can order 2. That way, you save on shipping. Kite total cost will be kite price plus shipping. As for shipping, it's best if you check out a few places before committing. Some shops has cheap kite price but will kill you with the freight charges.

Here's a few sites that has ready stock.

Gone With The Wind

Kites R Us

RC Tech Online

Personally, I've ordered kites from GWTW. I can only say that the kites came.

Cheers!
                    For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

I going to buy the pyro Xs -burn.

Comment

I going to buy the pyro Xs -burn.
                        pyro xs-cool here i come

inform me how much is the shipping cost ya.
                        and tell me too when u r going to order..
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by intrance
                          pyro xs-cool here i come

inform me how much is the shipping cost ya.
                          and tell me too when u r going to order..
                          Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh..............finally!

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Armour
                            Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh..............finally!
                            Heheh. It's been some time since anyone bought a kite.
                            I can haz diving?

Comment

Originally posted by nightbreed
                              Heheh. It's been some time since anyone bought a kite.
                              Kiting season's starting soon. If only the afternoon showers will go away. Can't play boat, can't fly kite, can't play MT/buggy.

Comment

Working...
                              X