• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stunt Kites

New thread for our stunt kites..

pls dump here, any experiences, infos, tips etc

and if u have one, do showcase here..
    sigpic

To drum some interest. This is New Tech's Pyro XS.

Wind Range - 4 - 25 mph / 6 - 40 kph
    Wingspan - 74" / 187 cm
    Weight - 6.2 oz / 175 g
    Sail Fabric - Ripstop Nylon
    Frame - 4 mm and 5 mm carbon
    Skill Level - Beginner to Advanced
    Cost - USD$49

For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

i saw one of the video clip.. dat this kite can dive to the water and raise slowly from the water and fly off.. what kind of sail does this kite use? not nylon i supposed? nylon will become heavy when contact with water, i presume
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by intrance

i saw one of the video clip.. dat this kite can dive to the water and raise slowly from the water and fly off.. what kind of sail does this kite use? not nylon i supposed? nylon will become heavy when contact with water, i presume
        It's nylon lah, bro. As stated. You're seriously not contemplating trying fishing with your kite, are you? You better get one with ripstop polyester then. Of course ripstop polyester will be more ex.
        For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Armour
          It's nylon lah, bro. As stated. You're seriously not contemplating trying fishing with your kite, are you? You better get one with ripstop polyester then. Of course ripstop polyester will be more ex.

when i said 'this' kite.. i did not refer to pyro..

what i meant is dat.. 'the' kite i saw in the video clip.. can submerge into the water.. and rise from water before flew away.. so i wondering wat type of sail it use..

haha bro.. for the first kite.. must be cheap cheap one.. if ok and still have a passion for it, might want to buy a better one..
          tho i think.. it will take me yrs to learn some tricks..

can teach me or not?
          sigpic

Comment

when i said 'this' kite.. i did not refer to pyro..

what i meant is dat.. 'the' kite i saw in the video clip.. can submerge into the water.. and rise from water before flew away.. so i wondering wat type of sail it use..

haha bro.. for the first kite.. must be cheap cheap one.. if ok and still have a passion for it, might want to buy a better one..
            tho i think.. it will take me yrs to learn some tricks..

can teach me or not?
            I think the Pyro XS fits the bill. Cheap, good quality stuffs used, RTF and BIG!

Comment

Hi where can i buy this kite

Comment

Originally posted by SE man
                Gone With The Wind and WindPower Sports.

Comment

Originally posted by SE man
                  if u r ordering the kite... do inform us pls..

i am very interested to get one too..
                  we could share the shipping cost...
                  sigpic

Comment

sheezz.. i do not aware that.. pangchingchong has started Stunt Kites thread...

really sorry bro..

maybe admin or mod.. can transfer all the post in this tread to his thread..
                    sigpic

Comment

No problem - I think its better not to trouble the mods and we now keep to this thread (the other will disappear in time).

The New Techs are very affordable and I had a few (all given away now) that are excellent for inducting newcomers. They fly pretty well too - but try to get the bigger models as they tend to be a little heavy and in our light winds only the bigger ones will do well.

I used to buy from Into The Wind - but the shipping is quite ex for the better kites though the weight may be very light - it is based on the price of your kites.

If you want the prisms and cannot stand delayed gratification, there is a guy that imports these kites and sometimes he flies at Punggol Field Walk (Tiger Dan).

Due to some injuries (not from kites), I now only fly kties that pull less. But if anyone is interested, I would like to find kakis to fly team (7-8ft kites would do well for this). Meaning the kites need not be too radical, should be the bigger ones and my preference is on spectra lines.

sheezz.. i do not aware that.. pangchingchong has started Stunt Kites thread...

really sorry bro..

maybe admin or mod.. can transfer all the post in this tread to his thread..

Comment

Originally posted by phanchingchong

Due to some injuries (not from kites), I now only fly kties that pull less. But if anyone is interested, I would like to find kakis to fly team (7-8ft kites would do well for this). Meaning the kites need not be too radical, should be the bigger ones and my preference is on spectra lines.
                        I'm waiting for the wind to shift to Punggol. Perhaps we can meet then.

Comment

But if anyone is interested, I would like to find kakis to fly team (7-8ft kites would do well for this).
                          to fly team = synchronized flying?
                          sigpic

Comment

Yup... very fun one. But must use spectra lines else get intertwined alreay harder to control.

to fly team = synchronized flying?

Comment

Yup... very fun one. But must use spectra lines else get intertwined alreay harder to control.
                              PyroXS comes with spectra lines. All for $50! That's mighty goood price, I must say.

Yah, I think all muct use same type of lines. Else if twisted with other lines, the Spectra will most likely break as it has the lowest melting point.

Comment

Working...
                              X