Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to balance airplane

Hi guys,
    I am building my corrugated trainer, I am seeking for a useful website to give me the instructions of how to balance it. any recommendations?

when you say, corugated trainer,
    do you meen corrugated plastic?
    if so then youve built a spad!
    post the specs of this trainer (span, weight, wing chord, sing span) an i should be able to assist your.
    Shuttle plus/OS37 rock on!
    Seagull Model Yak 54/SPE 26cc
    scanner/OS46AX COMPLETLY GREAT!

Comment

Hi Jamesg25,
      thank you for your interst,
      yes, it is plastic 3 mm thick,
      the wing span 48", wing cord 10.5", fuselage 26". planning to fix 0.46 size engine. the total weight, i donot have it right now. the attached picture is the one that my trainer will look like (it is not mine, i am following the that plane plan).
      thank you very much
      best rgds
      marwan

Comment

Usually 1/3 of chord start measuring from leading edge of wing when everything fitted. There is no fixed rule, need to test it out at field.

Plane turns(up, down, left,right) around the CG, so imagine the distance from CG to aileron, elevator/rudle.

Comment

Hi it is very easy to balance right your airplane.
          Usually the CG RIGHT for normal flight is always at 30% of the cord of the wings. For to found it you must to measure the width of the wing to the center of the fuselage and the right CG will be the 30% of it from the top of wing, but remember that for every model the CG change and so you can to find it exactly only in flight.
          I have seen your model and usually with that kind of model you can to take the CG also at the 35-40% for areobatics flight but is better to try first with the 30%.
          I think that to find the CG will be easy for you only with the change position of the battery. Usually I see many peole to put a lot of lead for to find the CG but I think that is better only to move the battery, your model will be more light and good in the flight.
          If you have need pls. contact me .

GOOD FLY

Comment

Working...
          X