Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3lue
    oh ... thats nice . hmm where are these shops and flying fields?
    to add on to afew more LHS which cocentrates on this kites.
    maybe you can try dropping down to bukit timah (opp beauty world shopping center) every friday night around 9pm.

the other will be beside carlton hotel they fly on friday night also but not sure about their time.

do go around to this place as well and haf a better understanding...
    my advice is haf a survey on all of this shop.
    + i ` k a l +

Transmitter
    p c m 9 x
    RC Kite
    S c o r p i o n
    A L P H A B a b y
    Ice cream prototype

Comment

Difference bewteen IFO & RC Kites

Just some points to pass on about the difference between an IFO and a RC Kite.

1. IFO is created in USA back in 1998 (don't want to mention by who, else I have to mention who created RC Kites in Singapore don't want to start a "war" here...). Yes, RC Kites are created in Singapore by Singaporean since 2001. This is something that we as Singaporeans ought to be proud as we led the world in RC community in one way or another by bringing a new way of flying these innovated "kites". How we know? There were tons of people from all over the world passing these same remarks when they see these RC Kites in action, "Wow, these are amazing, they look fantatstic, they are beautiful, I have never seen anything like it in my life or in my country..." and many similar comments.

2. IFO has only 3 different models, namely T-IFO, IFO Mk 3 & Mini IFO. The shapes are almost the same between these 3 models, only different in sizes. And RC Kites has many different models from 2003/04 onwards, namely Firefly (oldest name, in 2001), Golden Ingot, Pro III, Scorpion, Warrior, Lady, Lady Plus, and many more models coming out.

3. IFO are without any LED lights installed since they started, only until very recently when IFO flyers installed some lights at their own expense but not officially sold by the "company". RC Kites on the other hand, had LED lights being installed right from the start in 2001. This is one of the distinctive characteristics of these RC Kites.

There are actually other examples that I can quote about the differences between the two, but I think I will just state these 3 main key points.

I hope this will help to clarify why we should use the right name for the product that we are discussing. If not, it will be too confusing. RC Kites are products being started & produced by Singaporeans while IFO are being produced by Americans. Many people out there who are either new to these RC Kites or may not know the background to these kites. I have done some research about these products directly from people who have been flying them for very a long time...

So from now onwards, I urge all Singaporeans, if you are discussing, describing and/or talking about our local products, please use the right name. They are RC Kites, not IFO.

Regards,
      A Proud Singaporean

Comment

I've always been baffled by the origin of the IFO in sg....

an IFO is an IFO.....doing some modifications to it and adding lights to it does not warrent it to be a 'creation'

My view differ greatly with that of yours....

We should address the issue correctly, and honestly.
        TREX 500 ESP
        Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Originally posted by Art
          I've always been baffled by the origin of the IFO in sg....

an IFO is an IFO.....doing some modifications to it and adding lights to it does not warrent it to be a 'creation'

My view differ greatly with that of yours....

We should address the issue correctly, and honestly.
          Dear Art,

I do certainly agree with you to some extend. But really, if you think carefully, in the case of the computer OS issue. Please understand the angle I am talking about and refer to my explanation below.

Will anyone of us call a Windows, a Mac or a Mac, a Windows? I am sure none of us will do that. A Mac is a Mac and a Windows is a Windows, but both are OS for computers used by different group of users. Users with different taste and preference. So it will never come to a situation where becos whichever OS came out in the market first and the latter has to be called the same. Then what is branding for? Don't you agree? I think we need some creativity in Singapore. Can't we accept that we can also produce things that we can take lead in the global context?

Indeed, when the first generation of RC Kites does look a little similar to the IFO, but not anymore. Right now, IFO is IFO and RC Kites are RC Kites...they are two different products.

RC Kites are created and started by Singaporeans and that's why I think being a proud Singaporean like myself (I can't speak for anyone else), I would like to urge people here to do our small part to protect what we deemed as ours and help fellow Singaporeans to bring the name worldwide and do us proud.

Nothing beats having all of us coming together and support a good cause.

Hope you will agree with me and please do not do what was done to me earlier in this forum.

Regards,
          A Proud Singaporean

Comment

Amazed??

Took this in the flying site of the GFK location. isn't it amazing !!!!
            from the light movement, you can tell how agile the kites are.
            MORE pics

this one is unbeliveable ........ given to me by a flyer

Comment

to all flyer... of the rc world.. well dont just read.. its better u guys go down to take a look... be it lambo or civic... its never only abt pricing..its abt fun and gathering....or others.... look for the group of friends...
              bukit timah fri ard 9...
              riverside wed, fri n sat..830. or
              near carton.. ard 7.........
              check out the flyers n kites they fly...
              before u do anything... just and advise.. find out for yourself...
              cheers enjoy the fun n flight...

Comment

Ace_viper, r u the same person as aceviper?
                F5D Stratair Viper Triple Carbon
                F5D Stratair Demon
                F5D Jibe
                Jiri Bachinski Escape Pylon
                Voodoo S400
                Kyosho Phantom 70 Reno racer
                La Racer 56

Comment

i tynk it should be the same person. cos on the member list there are 2 of them one with the underscore and the other one without the underscore.becosz the threads that aceviper involves in is actually in IFO or RC Kite.
                  that goes the same to Ace_viper as well. most common thread both accounts participate are either about GFK or about RC kite.
                  + i ` k a l +

Transmitter
                  p c m 9 x
                  RC Kite
                  S c o r p i o n
                  A L P H A B a b y
                  Ice cream prototype

Comment

I think so too....

ace_viper, aceviper, better explain yourself.
                    F5D Stratair Viper Triple Carbon
                    F5D Stratair Demon
                    F5D Jibe
                    Jiri Bachinski Escape Pylon
                    Voodoo S400
                    Kyosho Phantom 70 Reno racer
                    La Racer 56

Comment

it's call "subtle marketing" but in this case lacking the subtleness

Comment

Originally posted by AceViperX
                        I think so too....

.. oh well aceviper was lost... cant remeber the password... tt y...

Comment

Originally posted by AceViperX
                          I think so too....

well viper x..... nick is just nick.. posting n usefulness is wat we want.. rite...
                          cheers...

Comment

I think this is call modification and not creation. Worst some may even call it copying.

As for Mac and MS, they are for operation on different platform system. Even the court rule this as a valid reason.

Maybe if someone create an IFO or kite that can swim and fly, that will be call a creation.

Originally posted by airdancers
                            Dear Art,

I do certainly agree with you to some extend. But really, if you think carefully, in the case of the computer OS issue. Please understand the angle I am talking about and refer to my explanation below.

Will anyone of us call a Windows, a Mac or a Mac, a Windows? I am sure none of us will do that. A Mac is a Mac and a Windows is a Windows, but both are OS for computers used by different group of users. Users with different taste and preference. So it will never come to a situation where becos whichever OS came out in the market first and the latter has to be called the same. Then what is branding for? Don't you agree? I think we need some creativity in Singapore. Can't we accept that we can also produce things that we can take lead in the global context?

Indeed, when the first generation of RC Kites does look a little similar to the IFO, but not anymore. Right now, IFO is IFO and RC Kites are RC Kites...they are two different products.

RC Kites are created and started by Singaporeans and that's why I think being a proud Singaporean like myself (I can't speak for anyone else), I would like to urge people here to do our small part to protect what we deemed as ours and help fellow Singaporeans to bring the name worldwide and do us proud.

Nothing beats having all of us coming together and support a good cause.

Hope you will agree with me and please do not do what was done to me earlier in this forum.

Regards,
                            A Proud Singaporean

Comment

Originally posted by hwk
                              I think this is call modification and not creation. Worst some may even call it copying.

As for Mac and MS, they are for operation on different platform system. Even the court rule this as a valid reason.

Maybe if someone create an IFO or kite that can swim and fly, that will be call a creation.

Pardon me to write on this again...looks like we need to get very clear about what is a different platform that you mentioned above. Mac & MS indeed are running on sperate systems & different architecture altogether. But they are both serving the same purpose with a monitor, a CPU, a keyboard and a mouse. In the case of IFO and kite, well they are also running of different systems too. LED lightings are running on a different wiring system as well. Try using IFO without anything extra to get your lighting effects...hope you get my drift...

No point in arguing this anymore, I feel that we should all just enjoy the sport.

Comment

Wow its been a long time , well ok hows everyone and the fun we have...
                                cheers.... lets hobbist gather and have fun, gather together rite...

Comment

Working...
                                X