Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stunt Kites

Thought I would start off with one of these threads to get together with those who fly simple stunters....

That's me with a simple home made kite at the Punggol MRT area

Originally posted by phanchingchong
    Thought I would start off with one of these threads to get together with those who fly simple stunters....

That's me with a simple home made kite at the Punggol MRT area
    Looks like we've more kiters here!

You made the kite yourself? Respect! I'm thinking of making one too. Is it difficult to sew? Last week I asked my wife about getting a sewing machine and she asked me if I'm ready to make her a full-time housewife.
    For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

I've got a few deltas. Join us when you're free!
      For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Home-made?! Wow...that'll save a bundle.

A few of us kite at the field near Central Christian Church, Punggol. I'll be there today from 4+ onwards. Please feel free to come down.
        I can haz diving?

Comment

Which reminds me...the the Quantum I ordered is in...now I not so keen to go collect it. Took too long.
          I can haz diving?

Comment

no worries - absolutely easy to make. I met a couple of good guys at Punggol field and gave them a template made of vanguard sheet and some dimensions - within weeks they had a kite of their own with all made in Singapore materials (of course imported materaisl will perform much better).

Essentially, you
            1. hot cut the ripstop from the template created
            2. sew the panels together
            3. sew on the leading edge and fittings
            4. attach a bridle

I have some shots of that vintage kite being copied and made - the firedart. I think its one of the couple of earliest popular competition stunt kites.

Comment

mad - night... missed your note on flying at 4pm. I really want to go tomorrow if there is a crowd and my baby lets me. With the baby, stopped RC cars, boats and kites.

There are few plots of land to fly at punggol right? I used to go to the one beside the flyover or one further than the central christian church... But if you guys are going we can pm mobiles and arrange to meet. I can pack and bring my kites (hope I can find the bits). I also need half an hour on the field to tie a new set of lines.

Comment

Man..... It's time i asked my mother to teach me to sew.....
                Losers whine about their best. Winners date the Prom Queen.

Most people talk a lot, only few are up for the moment.

Suck Squeeze Bang Blow
                20,000 times a min

Comment

Math.... really... its alot easier than real sewing. You tack the ripstop together and only sew largely straight lines (unless you want curvy designs). The machine will grip the cloth and pull it in.

Comment

hihi i know this thread is kinda outdated but..
                    i'm a newbie kite flyer and i'm interested in stunt kites.
                    how do you make a stunt kite? please teach me!!
                    where do you get those fabrics, rods and connectors? about how much did you spend? it's so fun to make own kite

Comment

Hi guys, i have this stunt kite for almost 25 years but never flown from the day i bought it. Anyone ever hear of this brand : HIGHFLYERS ? The one i have is a SPECTRE. Maybe someone can maiden it for me....

Comment

Originally posted by leonmike View Post
                        Hi guys, i have this stunt kite for almost 25 years but never flown from the day i bought it. Anyone ever hear of this brand : HIGHFLYERS ? The one i have is a SPECTRE. Maybe someone can maiden it for me....
                        hi leonmike..

Singapore Kite Festival at the Punggol this weekend... and there will be a demo for stunt kite flying. Maybe they will help u to maiden ur kite.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by intrance View Post
                          hi leonmike..

Singapore Kite Festival at the Punggol this weekend... and there will be a demo for stunt kite flying. Maybe they will help u to maiden ur kite.
                          Thanks pal, will give that a try...

Comment

hi require assistant.. if any one could tell me where to find spare bentable rod.. bro one of the stick..
                            J.S Carlos

Hanger
                            • Goblin 500
                            • Copter X SE 480 - 3s HeliDrive 3600KV - Robird FBL
                            • MSH Protos 500 Low Hub Stretched - Brain FBL
                            • Spirex - TriCopter - Pcs of Crap Hanging on the Wall

Tx
                            • 8fgs
                            • Devo7
                            • Devo7e

Comment

If you're referring to those carbon rods , you can find it at jethobby in chinatown point in new bridge rd . or RCS in fook hai building . Or if you are living in seng kang , there is a shop selling kites near the police post there , that shop also sells carbon rod as i ask them before . But Jethobby and RCS shop have more variety of carbon rod in terms of sizes .

Comment

Working...
                              X