Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPAD E2 - Flying "Roti Prata"

I had to build this craft to amuse myself.....with all those corrugated plastic lying around, promted me to use them and abuse them....

Specs:

Fuse= 3mm Corrugated Plastic all round
    Motor = 2 x Premax multiplex 480 brushed w Great Planes gear box
    Prop = 2x MAS 11 x 7
    Wing Area = pie x 1meter square
    Wing setup = Delta
    Batt = Etec Lipo 1900mAh
    Servos = 2 x Hitec HS81
    AUW = 1000grams....no its not a typo........yes its 1Kg.

All white plastic seen in horns and doublers are cut from air-con trunking

Misc:
    Glue used, 30min Epoxy, thin CA, 3M77

Crew:
    Laucher - Andrew
    Camera - Roland
    Video - Andy

Test flown on 3 Dec 2005. Crashed 3 times. Shifted C.G. 2 times before servo gear stripped and experiment ended successfully with C.G. position to be at 5inches forward of spar.

During the build my initial design intent was to mount the prop and motor around the centre region but later changed my mind.

Comment

Must thank these guys, Andy, Andrew and Roland for give me a hand with maiden, crash repairs and re-maiden.....

I wanted to know if the two motors spining at 5000rpm each and drawing 13amps each could actually ROG and lift-off..... It did........straight up into a hover.... C.G. was way back.

Comment

Both motors got ripped off after the second attempt. The motors were zipped back on and the third attempt with the lipo up front made a lot of diff...too bad the servo gear busted.

Comment

The last attempt had to be hand launched cause the gear mounting was loose. The craft took-off with very good thrust, see my friend almost got carried together.....

Could not input right aileron...........the roti ....really prata into the sand... Servo gear gone.

Comment

KEWL!!!

I WANT ONE FLYING PRATA KOSONG (WITHOUT SAND!) PLEEEEEEZZZ!

WOW! Looks like more people are doing TWINS of all sorts nowadays!

Andrew never flew off with the RED PRATA??? I thought he is light enough?!

On 2nd thought, your Red PRATA looks very much like my Zero Red Logo leh!

Comment

wow another cool SPAD creation. looks like a lot of fun! just need some testing to fine tune i guess!
              Fly or Die!

Comment

Originally posted by AstroBoy
                KEWL!!!

I WANT ONE FLYING PRATA KOSONG (WITHOUT SAND!) PLEEEEEEZZZ!

WOW! Looks like more people are doing TWINS of all sorts nowadays!

Andrew never flew off with the RED PRATA??? I thought he is light enough?!

On 2nd thought, your Red PRATA looks very much like my Zero Red Logo leh!
                Originally posted by novalogix
                wow another cool SPAD creation. looks like a lot of fun! just need some testing to fine tune i guess!
                It was a long lost interest about some round and weird looking plane which I had sometime back.....somehow it evolved into this red roti prata...

Check out Geobat.com

A nitro pizza would be nice....

Comment

Working...
                X