Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Little Message From a Friendly MRT/LRT Staff

A very courteous and respectful MRT/LRT staff spoke with us today. He told us that there were numerous cases of large kites and various flying objects landing onto the MRT/LRT tracks causing the tracks to be closed, disrupting the MRT/LRT services. He listed Punggol and several other stations.

He requested that if we know of anyone flying kites or RC aircrafts, we could help by asking the flyers to fly further away from the tracks so that accidental "landings" on the rail track is minimized. If the field is big, we should fly on the other end of the field furthest away from the track if possible. If not, try to keep a large distance large enough for the kite/aircraft to land/crash without coming close to the track. Flying right next to the track is too big a risk and hazard.

This guy is really nice. I think we should all do our part in preventing any disruption to the MRT/LRT services and (gulp) prevent disruption to our own flying hobbies.

Let's all fly responsibly and everyone gets to go on with their beloved hobbies!

Oh my god.. Whcih mrt stations ? No wonder i keep getting those stares whenvere i board mrt with my IFO ....

For those flying near the train stations , better find some other place.

Ive seen people flying at tampines MRT field there before. my suggestion is that either you go inside tampines bike track OR go nearer to the mosque or flats there to fly rather than sitting near the tracks/around the track area.

DONT ... I repeat DONT or TRY NOT to fly too high

have a safe flying all.

Which character are you test by

Comment

I think all of us need to be responsible and also use some common sense when we fly...

Flying is fun...and it's also dangerous...gotta be vigilant always
      TREX 500 ESP
      Futaba T12FGH

Comment

yap i truly agree with u. cause we dont wanted anything to happen in it or else this hobby will be ban in singpore so i hope play or fly with responbilty tks u
        mike

Comment

gosh, i was just thinking bout this today... to know it actually happened already

everyone has to use common sense. even if you're certain you won't crash, there may be mechanical faults. even people on runryder reported about passing trains disrupting RF signals.

closing a line means tons of money being lost, and many ppl inconvinienced.
          JR 9x
          Raptor 50 SE
          Raptor 90 3D
          Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
          Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
          Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

I am glad that previous incidents have not been escalated to a state of immediate concern to the authorities. However this might also mean the beginning to problems if we are not responding fast enough. Let's help spread the message to every flyer friend u know via SMS so as to notify everyone possible in the shortest time.

The friendly Lrt/Mrt staff should be praised for his/her care and courtesy !!!

Comment

Hi Boss , is it possible to set the system to inform all member about this ? Like a auto pop up that member have to read and aknowledge before they can do anything else ?

The last thing we want to see is a stright control by the authority ..... this may end up only specific location for RC activities. .....not even in the open field any more

Comment

redhill

also careful near airfeilds and flight paths
                huh

Comment

Enjoy your RC hobby with FULL responsibility

Originally posted by nic
                  redhill

also careful near airfeilds and flight paths
                  Fellow RC flyer...

As someone that was disappointed with almost no official flyeing site (except RMS/BB), I hope all that read this threat should inform anyone they meet/see flying everywhere to at least understand their responsibility when they want to get into this hobby.

I m sure many of you (those old member mostly) know how much joy we have when we still can fly and most importantly chating all days at the open field at Tampines. So why we end up have to almost like hiding to enjoy RC? The answer is very simple: MAINLY due to flyers wihtout responsibilty and safety in mind.

I also notice many flyer now having FF over at Carpark. While we are happy with today's battery technology has enable many good performing motor/bat for heli/plane with almost no noise, I believe we should not mis-used it and you should value the hobby while you still not too late to do so.

So, before you attempting to switch ON your Tx. I strongly suggest you have this few question in mind:

- Is this a approved flying site.
                  - Am I using a Singapore Approved Freq.
                  - Are you stay more than 1KM away from "flying" site.

If all the above are not a YES to you. DONT'T Turn ON. So you must understand most already not comply with governemt regulation so we should not try to invite more trouble or more attention from authority by only flying at a proper and safety priven site.

Now, some more questions when you are at a proper flyer site (at least you have to believe it is a safe zone). Ask yourself some basic question again:
                  - Did you check around if your frequancy cleared.
                  - Do you know how to control it?
                  - If you plane Air Worthy?

And again, if you don't have a big YES to the above, please ask around. I am sure many senior member here or there will be more than willing to assist.

This is a fun hobby and also can be a very dengerous hobby. If you want to continue with the fun, you MUST take responsibity NOW. NO Compromise on safety.

I just hate to see another flying site got a sign errected as NO Flying Object!!

Sorry for such a long winded message but you all know how important it is on SAFETY. And you guy already got the "1st" warning signal now (from the note about MRT staff).

So, start NOW not later before it becomes history.

Fly..... I enjoy RC....

ps: this is not to target the FF at carpark but just quote as example. so dun shoot me

Comment

Hi all,

I seldom post here, but I've been reading much that's going on. Allow me to share my 2 cents on safety.

Firstly. I've been flying Helis (nitro) for over 5 years, and have switch to electric planes with brushless motors. There's no need to say the kind of damage of life and limb should any of these touch skin.

There has been a known reported case of a girl being hit by an RC plane and died in the UK. If any of these were to happen in SG, you can be sure a blanket ban will take place.

The rule of thumb is to exercise common sense and safety above all else.

The other point I like to raise is that for those having flying objects with freq other than 29Mhz, I would strongly advise switching to the Legal freq. Not only will this ensure less possibility of your bird getting shot down by walkie talkie or signal sets, but you'll be legally safe.

Lastly, make sure you have an IDA license for your radio.

Fly safely! Cheers
                    On Duty

DJI Phantom 2 with GoPro
                    Dynam Hawker Tempest
                    Alfa F4U Corsair

Comment

Originally posted by aerobird
                      Hi all,

I seldom post here, but I've been reading much that's going on. Allow me to share my 2 cents on safety.

Firstly. I've been flying Helis (nitro) for over 5 years, and have switch to electric planes with brushless motors. There's no need to say the kind of damage of life and limb should any of these touch skin.

There has been a known reported case of a girl being hit by an RC plane and died in the UK. If any of these were to happen in SG, you can be sure a blanket ban will take place.

The rule of thumb is to exercise common sense and safety above all else.

The other point I like to raise is that for those having flying objects with freq other than 29Mhz, I would strongly advise switching to the Legal freq. Not only will this ensure less possibility of your bird getting shot down by walkie talkie or signal sets, but you'll be legally safe.

Lastly, make sure you have an IDA license for your radio.

Fly safely! Cheers
                      I agree with you....still there many people flying near mrts and public areas, for convenience perhaps....I have already stopped investing in planes and switch to boats. If the authority throw the blanket, I still can RC at least.

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
                      (

Comment

Originally posted by stuka
                        I agree with you....still there many people flying near mrts and public areas, for convenience perhaps....I have already stopped investing in planes and switch to boats. If the authority throw the blanket, I still can RC at least.
                        Give me your Planes Please
                        JCho

Comment

Originally posted by Jcho
                          Give me your Planes Please

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
                          (

Comment

wahahah catcha stuk......
                            To Buy Lists

a) RX Crytal 29.800 Futaba
                            ---------------------------------
                            Spacewalker

Comment

i dont think many people here has an approved radio frequency, registered radio, or fly from 1km away from road, from MRT or etc(in fact in SIN you cant any flying place without road, without MRT or LTR). Currently, the authority is not very particular about this. But still, we have to be considerate.

I saw guys flying in the MSCP and real worry. Some flies with even 1 or 2 parked cars around. and think that they would be real careful. But kite has no eyes and brain. dont happen once, the consequence is a real shit. Why fly inside MSCP???

the point is "fly where it should be".

Comment

Working...
                              X