Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team daddyHOBBY's 1000th member

It happened quicker than we expected...so scary...and before I knew it...was already 1003

So....the message that I've been preparing over and over again in my mind...the thing I've been wanting to say to the millenium member....is as follows

Dear 1000th member....

On behalf on the administration, I'd like to welcome you to Singapore's premire RC forum, www.daddyhobby.com

Being the 1000th member, marks a giant leap in daddyhobby's history.

In my 3rd month of RC flying, not too long ago, having just bought my R50V2, my 3rd heli, after 2 shuttles and one R30V1, I heard from a fellow flier at our field 2 websites.

1) www.runryder.com A RC site hosted in US,
    2) www.daddyhobby.com A local site

I'd like to thank jameswilliam whom provided me the links and introduced me to this forum.

I joined the forum, not too many members in all...about 20++, and started reading up.

The contrast between daddyhobby and runryder is greeeeeeat.....DH had about 20 members....runryder had about 12000 at that time.

I started reading both forums....learnt lots from runryder, raptortechnique and discovered that DH's members are mostly into small EPs and planes.

I was one of the few nitro plane fliers...and few of the members at that time have seen nitro helis fly.

They were having weekly funflies at one of the MSCPs in lavender...well...the founder of DH often took time off work in the day...pop by a MSCP and hover his EP heli...a Dragonfly.. ....hence...MSCP funflies were common....I remembered...wednesday night??

Micro-helinut...Fit..Loyn...Glenn Cain...David...HZM...uncle joe...SH...are the few members I met at that time...all learning to hover...and setting up EP helis were a PITA>...nontheless...it was fun learning the mechanics of the thnig. Amongst them...were self professed king of stealth...king of modd...etc etc...hehheh...a simple EP heli...but many many modds made to make them fly.

Then came the piccolo pro....CP helis....it was like a trend....then came the hornet 1/2..and now the T rex

From Fixed pitch...suddenly pple started buying CPs....and I was told a certainly very generous member even gave away a CP heli on his b/day to another member....what generousity!!I shall not reveal his name...as I know it will be edited... :na

During this time...I was still very much flying at BP field....doing my loops...rolls....perfecting my figure 8s....etc etc...and realised that my skills are improving faster because I fly nitro....and as I crash crash and crashed....I began to learn more about the mechanics of the R50V2...and I can help the rest of the guys with their setups....

Learning to setup / fly was terrible....

I remembered at the BP field...I didn't know how to setup my heli...and turned to fellow fliers for help...and one of them told me...'eh...you do what you can...when you dunno then you ask me and then I'll show yuo...'

Many many thanks to Kang for not spoon feeding me...and forcing me to learn setting up of helis....you guys rock!! Kang and Goh are the best flying buddies anyone can get....both of them are very persistant in learning new things....crash repair and go!

I wanna mention Goh who specially puched me to do loops, rolls and inverted...without you guys...I'd never have done it.

And slowly....as the group got bigger ( 10 ++ members in the MSCP )...Tele offered us to fly at AISS ( Australian Internation School Singapore ) gym....weekly.l..on wed nights.....

Indoor gym...no wind...stable flights....it was godsend!

Thanks to Doug ( tele ) for providing us the place....

I remembered that we had more than 10 members weekly doing flying in the gym...thnk it was still wednesday nights....

T rex....ah..everyone started getting T rexes.....

The sloping season came...plankers ( plane fliers ) were doing non powered flights at bedok reservior from 10/04 - 03/05

Member count in the forum was about 500+++ at that time....about may/june of 05....

We were doing bishan weekly flies....sunday mornings...and also the DHJW div was started...loyn...fuse...nic and pals....well done....loyn even initiated the DHJW flight school... ...group of persistant RCers!

Woodlands had Abang Jazallo and friends....and a group of EP fliers were flying in MS with the guys from the starthub forum...

BP had at one time...in the weekend...about 10 -12 helis...learners....intermediate...experts..all have...

I was going around fields....punggol ( JH guys ) then...AMK...( JH huys )....then BP...( kang, goh and friends)...woodlands...( abang jali and friends ) Bishan...( HZM and friends )...BBAFC ( Walter Lee etc etc ) MS...KP...Joe Yap..Tony and the rest of the guys from the starhub forum...(PS :...I'm the guy who gave Joe hell when I persisted flying nitro )...I guess we lost the ground to the IR now eh? ...Holland Road ( Starhub guys after MS )

Making friends around the place was fun....

I saw helis...EP and GP...3D and F3C ...planes...FOamies...Balsa...Pattern...Pylon...3D ....Turbine...etc etc..you name it...I saw it....

This hobby was starting to get into me....

Members in DH got to around 600++ members...I became heli mod...thanks to Mike ( HZM )

I KPOed...and initiated the first DH mega meet at BBAFC...

We didn't know what to expect...but the turn out was GREAT....many came...and got pple like YC, Goh etc to demo 3D flying etc....members interacted with each other...GPs...EPs...Planes...helis...not boundries...it was DH...and it was RC spirit in it's best!!

You guys rock!!

Of course we were beginning to look forward to the 1000th member....

HZM told me....that one day we'll have 1000 members....the way it was happening...abuot dec or jan 06....we didn;t expect it to be 24, 25/8/05...so this posts was entirely unprepare...and at 8am in the morning...a bit of a nonsense....hehheh

so...here we are...1003 members....many from overseas....including pple like UAV_pilot...who's Ernest Butler...who designed the ORIGINAL Hydro...YC Chua...Sg's 3D heli pilot with the most prospect ( the way I see it... :na )...Philip Cheong...Sg's F3C no.1....and many many whom I didn't know.....and even members from rcflying.net were joining us.....

DH has indeed came a looooong way....

20+++ members in a MSCP...till 1000+ members...from lavender back then...to all across the island now....

I hope that many benefitted from this forum....and many new guys benefited from senior guys right here...to start out...

I also hope that DH members contune to provide assistance...contune to have passion for this hobby.....continue the many many different P.O.Vs...discussions in the forums....etc etc..

I wear my forum T shirt with PRIDE...my car has the decal with PRIDE....and I render help to whoever needs it...hack..so long as I know how to..

I hope those who have time and commitment help newbies to start off as well...

In the future...we'll hopefully have a clubhouse of our own somewhere....with net access...cafe...workshop area...simulator area etc etc...perhaps somewhere near fook hai...perhaps near town etc etc...so members can hang ard all day long...near a field so members can fly their models...register daddyhobby as an official club and society...

All this...I am confident..will take place in the future...I know that there are comitted members here to help me make it happen....

Till then,....I just wanna say...daddyhobby rocks....and you guys rock...

We look forward to our plans becoming reality...

ps : Thanks to HZM for believing in me...nb..made me administrator..no LL must post this...

till then...kepp flying!!
    TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

and of course...We have to thank MR daddyhobby himself....

Mike Kong....

HZM...

and nope...you do not delete this post....
    TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Growing to 1000+ members is indeed a significant event. However a better gauge of the sites popularity would be the number of online users.

Take a look at this...

Most users ever online was 251, 08-17-2005 at 10:37 PM.

Congrats to DaddyHobby

------------------------
      Up... Up... and AWAY !

Comment

erm...joe...sorry to say..that was a port attack then...we were loggin it online the whole time...

our average members online at anyone time is about 40 users....and that's very good already
        TREX 500 ESP
        Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Alamak! So happy when I saw the 251 ! Never mind, we will hit it one day soon.

Cheers!

------------------------
          Up... Up... and AWAY !

Comment

heres my say.. without knowing this website.. i wont be flying now.. i was referred to this site from a link in jet hobby. glad to know i clicked on it..

one thing for sure, members in here renders help to anyone. they are really really helpful..

thanks everyone! (i would like to mention the names of everyone who helped me in every ways.. but the list is just too long, once again.. thanks!)

keep the r/c community alive!

rifqi.
            this hobby is a compulsion/addiction/disease

Comment

Well said Art...

Thanks to everyone for spreading the joy of this hobby... (especially the instructors at JW) for making it fun...

and thanks to Mr DH for keeping this site going... (it ain't cheap -- $ & effort)
              glad to see that you have "employed" a new admin.

Congrats to Art for getting "promoted"...
              huh

Comment

to me daddyhobby really started when someone post :

"NITROS ARE FUN" by abang Arthur Lee.

that is when it got me in this forum. .

CONGRATULATIONS TEAM DADDYHOBBY!

many thanks to abang Mike who started this forum,

to abang Arthur & Jameswilliam thankyou.

enjoy.
                Sondol first talk later!

Comment

CONGRATULATION TO DABBYHOBBY!!!!!!!!!!

Some came into this hobby after reading the post, as for me, this forum taught me alot b4 i buy my first RC flying object [RC kite]. been reading a lot and learning in the same time. really a very encouraging and informative forum that provides all necessary info for all hobbists.

GOOD JOB DADDYHOBBY. 2000th member will soon come by in no time.....

Comment

Originally posted by jaZallo
                    to me daddyhobby really started when someone post :

"NITROS ARE FUN" by abang Arthur Lee.

that is when it got me in this forum. .

CONGRATULATIONS TEAM DADDYHOBBY!

many thanks to abang Mike who started this forum,

to abang Arthur & Jameswilliam thankyou.

enjoy.

Abang... Nitros are stilllllllllllllll fun!!

TREX 500 ESP
                    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

art..

this is the only forum.. and the first site, i access.. everytime i on my pc.. both at work and home..

anyway .. i love to hear from mike.. what make him started this forum and his difficulty in setting up this wonderful forum...and how team daddyhobby name came about...
                      care to share mike...?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by intrance
                        art..

this is the only forum.. and the first site, i access.. everytime i on my pc.. both at work and home..

anyway .. i love to hear from mike.. what make him started this forum and his difficulty in setting up this wonderful forum...and how team daddyhobby name came about...
                        care to share mike...?

This is my home page as well...

and nope...mike's not allowed to post in this thread...
                        TREX 500 ESP
                        Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Originally posted by intrance
                          art..
                          care to share mike...?
                          easily lah.read on:

one day mike was fiddling his micro heli and his son came to him and ask him,

" daddy what are you doing?"

mike answered " don't disturb daddy,this is daddy's hobby.go disturb mummy lah".

enjoy.
                          Sondol first talk later!

Comment

Well done guys....

Well done and congrats to Mike and his team. I joined DH some time ago during a rainy season. I still remember joining some of you guys at the MSCP at levander with a "Bee" and also watching Art and guys at MS and BP field. Also at AIS with Tele (I am the one with the arrows. Think you guys were at that time crazy abt building your own CP with CD as servo trays and needed some material for tail booms too.)

I drop out of DH radar scope for a while (as i realised I got no bloody talents to fly anything) and now pop in occasionally in the Car/Truck threads(my limited talents allow me to travel on the ground only).

Keep up the good work and i hope you guys grow bigger and better then RC tech.(esp the car / truck section) LOL.
                            One day... one day...

Comment

haiz even though i havent contributed much to this place its really nice with great ppl in it!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X