Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost futaba 18mz Top floor IMM car park

Just wanted to post the unfortunate events of yesterday in case anyone might come across my radios. While re arranging my car boot to fit a folding table in, I inadvertently took out my 18mz case (with both a 14mz and 18mz in it) and foolishly neglected to put it back in. This was on the top floor of IMM car park close to the entrance to the escalators. I had helis and stuff as well in the car so it was all a bit of a mess trying to fit stuff in and I guess I just missed it.

In any case, by the time I got back 30 mins later, box was gone. (I had placed it under the air ducts so I Guess someone reached under and took it).

Alas shit happens. That said, if anyone does come across this, appreciate if you could drop me a note. The box is an 18mz one, the 18 is brand new, still with plastic protector on the screen, the 14mz is about 6 years old. There was also a tach in the box.

Will provide a decent reward if recovered, thank much!

Pars

Did you try asking the security guards abt it ?

Comment

Hi Pars I frequent IMM quite often and am familiar with the carpark you mentioned. To my knowledge security guards do not frequent the place and there are only two groups who do - cleaners and visitors. Since it is a Saturday and the place would be crawling with visitors it would most likely be a visitor who picked up your radio. I would check out the information counter on the second floor near to the Kopitiam in case a kind soul has put it under lost and found.
      Beastx installed and flying ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Thanks, did all of the above, no luck so left my number with management with the hope that someone might eventually bring it in. No luck, am just assuming one visitor took it and maybe will appear in use or on a forum somewhere. Worse part of it is all the programming is gone for everything!! Haha, starting again sucks!!

Comment

It's a small community and I think we all will be alerted if someone is going to unload 2 suspicious branded Tx in this forum.... I pray he is that stupid. Either that or he will post in lost and found thread. We will salute him.
          Hanger
          Hirobo XRB SR Lama
          Hirobo Quark SRB
          Hirobo Quark SRB SG
          Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
          Blade450 3D
          MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
          COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
          Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
          FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
          Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
          HK FLYJET EDF
          Artech Skyfun
          Dynam P51D Mustang
          Parkzone P51

Tx:
          Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
          Spektrum DX6i
          DX8
          Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Originally posted by elmosan View Post
            It's a small community and I think we all will be alerted if someone is going to unload 2 suspicious branded Tx in this forum.... I pray he is that stupid. Either that or he will post in lost and found thread. We will salute him.
            Now that you said it, he'll probably not post it here anymore if he reads this. Faster create more new threads to bump this one down!!!

Comment

I don't think you should assume that anyone who is going to sell a 14 mz or 18 mz is immediately a suspect - that's irrational. I'm sure there quite a few others who own those particular units. I know I do. Do you have your serial numbers handy? If you don't then I'm sorry to say that this witch hunt will be in vain. Not to be a wet blanket, but given how things are locally - honesty-wise I mean - it'll be tough to track if the serials aren't on hand.

Comment

Am not holding out much hope they will turn up to be honest as i think its unlikely that a modeller would have found them (would be a big coincidence). Hoping more likely it gets given or shown to someone (by the guy who took them) who might be a modeller and then maybe there will be some degree of honesty applied if they have seen this thread. That said, if i see the radios, i will know my them without a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by benjychan View Post
                  I don't think you should assume that anyone who is going to sell a 14 mz or 18 mz is immediately a suspect - that's irrational. I'm sure there quite a few others who own those particular units. I know I do. Do you have your serial numbers handy? If you don't then I'm sorry to say that this witch hunt will be in vain. Not to be a wet blanket, but given how things are locally - honesty-wise I mean - it'll be tough to track if the serials aren't on hand.
                  Hi Bro, I mentioned in my earlier post to be alerted. Meaning, if you want to buy, better check so that you are getting genuinely owned products. On the contrary, I am not immediately branding all sellers of 14 or 18 mz as a suspect.

Assume means without evidence and based on your bias you judge. I want to make clear the difference between "Assumption" and "Alertness"

So in summary, rather than jump to conclusion that the person selling is a suspect(As mentioned "irrational") , I meant we should always be alert and deal in Marketplace with EYES OPEN, which is not irrational right?
                  Hanger
                  Hirobo XRB SR Lama
                  Hirobo Quark SRB
                  Hirobo Quark SRB SG
                  Blade450 3D
                  MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)

Plane
                  Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
                  FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
                  Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
                  HK FLYJET EDF
                  Artech Skyfun
                  Dynam P51D Mustang
                  Parkzone P51

Tx:
                  Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
                  Spektrum DX6i
                  DX8
                  Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Originally posted by Parsifal View Post
                    Am not holding out much hope they will turn up to be honest as i think its unlikely that a modeller would have found them (would be a big coincidence). Hoping more likely it gets given or shown to someone (by the guy who took them) who might be a modeller and then maybe there will be some degree of honesty applied if they have seen this thread. That said, if i see the radios, i will know my them without a doubt.
                    I understand your feeling. I lost my wallet on the pavement containing about $800. Not as much as your equipment but still.... I planned to use it for purchase of PowerJive120. It was picked up by a PRC foreign worker. I know because the Singaporean Uncle who found it told me he picked up from outside a nearby PRC dorm. Needless to say, a PRC was 800 richer and I was blaming myself for a long time.

The feeling will soon pass. But I wish you all the best in recovering your equipment and getting over this mishap. It is truely not a nice feeling.
                    Hanger
                    Hirobo XRB SR Lama
                    Hirobo Quark SRB
                    Hirobo Quark SRB SG
                    Blade450 3D
                    MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)

Plane
                    Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
                    FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
                    Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
                    HK FLYJET EDF
                    Artech Skyfun
                    Dynam P51D Mustang
                    Parkzone P51

Tx:
                    Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
                    Spektrum DX6i
                    DX8
                    Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Have you tried reporting to the authorities? See if the police or whoever can help. If they try to bring it overseas, probably the customs will nab them... Who knows?

Comment

Bro.. Have you tried asking for permission to put up a notice at the entrance of the top level carpark? Also, try asking around the cleaners you see there on various floors.. Not that the people in Management will not help, but most of the building staff there are contractors.. Hence, the management may have missed asking the right person, and I doubt they will put "Great" effort to actually "Ask" around.. if you know what I mean..

Meanwhile.. Stay positive.. I've seen wallets with thousands of SG dollars lost and return with every single cent intact..

Comment

Hi,

Thanks.. have spoken to management already, they will try to help and call if anything comes up. Havent asked about showing pictures, might be a good idea too to try. Will reach out to them again. Also going to go to the Police as well, just haven't had a chance yet. Tucfaz, long time no see, hope all is well with you. Dont actually need them to nab anyone, its my fault after all, just to put a note in in case some good guy brings it in as a lost item.

Feeling of absolute horror has passed thankfully, now just the painful process of re programming all the helis and gliders. Painfulllll hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by elmosan View Post
                            Hi Bro, I mentioned in my earlier post to be alerted. Meaning, if you want to buy, better check so that you are getting genuinely owned products. On the contrary, I am not immediately branding all sellers of 14 or 18 mz as a suspect.

Assume means without evidence and based on your bias you judge. I want to make clear the difference between "Assumption" and "Alertness"

So in summary, rather than jump to conclusion that the person selling is a suspect(As mentioned "irrational") , I meant we should always be alert and deal in Marketplace with EYES OPEN, which is not irrational right?
                            My bad, bro. Snapped at the reply! Anyway parsifal, just gotta move on - it happens. Programming everything again - I feel your pain.

Comment

It is a very rare case that the person whom picked it up has any knowlage about our adavanced Rc hobby.
                              There may be 2 outcomes: being honest and return it or sell it away.

He may return it to any police station

Or since he may not have any knowledge about it and wants some cash for it.then he may have sold it off at cash converters or somewhere else .

So lets all just hope that our fellow hobbyist will receive his radio back very soon

I know the pain of reprogramming all your models again and losing a good tx. It is never a pleasent experience doing that.

Hoping to hear some good news soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X