Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAAS complaint

Dear all,

IDA has recently received a Radio Frequency Interference complaint from the CAAS that its radar operating on frequency 1090 MHz was suspected to be interfered by the First Pilot View "FPV" operating on frequency 1080 MHz. In view of the air navigational safety, please be reminded that all aeromodellers to refrain from flying the FPV operating on frequency 1080 MHz.

Fellow RC hobbist

IDA was down at CD field this evening with their scanner. When I arrived at the field they had this huge antenna sticking out of their car. I suspected he was from IDA. I didn't talk to him at first and I told the guys that someone was scanning the field. Our RC guys look up and saw the IDA dude waving this big shark shape antenna. Just then he got out of this car and scan at one of the plane flying. I decided to walk over and talk to him together with Francis and yes he identified himself from IDA. I took the opportunity to asked him what freq he scanning and it the 1ghz range. I also asked him about 2.4 and 5.8ghz and there no problem with these freq.

There are more IDA told me, asked me when you see me. I won't post what IDA said.

Comment

Fellow hobbyists,

Please fly with responsibility too. Clear up your crashed planes, foamies and rubbish please. We got little field left over to fly..Unless all of you prefer to fly SIM in the near future.
      Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter
      JR Vibe 50: 01
      Trex600N Pro: 01
      Kasama Srimok 90: 01
      TT Raptor 50: 10
      TT Raptor 90 3D: 01
      MA Fury 55: 01

(Latest Crash Dated 29 April 2012) Total: 15

sigpic

Comment

think cd field will be taken up pretty soon. there's just no economic sense to leave such a HUGE plot of land vacant. With property prices going up, it's anyone's guess. Yes, agree with Roger.
        Heli-ADDICTION:
        Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
        JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by AFS View Post
          Dear all,

IDA has recently received a Radio Frequency Interference complaint from the CAAS that its radar operating on frequency 1090 MHz was suspected to be interfered by the First Pilot View "FPV" operating on frequency 1080 MHz. In view of the air navigational safety, please be reminded that all aeromodellers to refrain from flying the FPV operating on frequency 1080 MHz.
          May I know any particular location that is interference occurred ? E.g. Tuas, jurong, tempinese, bedok, sengkang , , woodlands -location?
          Have this message told to institude like ITE , NTU, Polytechnic?
          Notice other Chinese PR stay loaclly that fly quad using FPV and not in daddyhobby forum and go diff places to fly -no fixed flying field. (ever crash near our cars n dissapeared action aft that). Many Unknown flyer are in stealth to be recon.

Comment

IDA staffs were at CD field again.

I think all flyers can start selling your planes, is a matter of time they will ban flying in the field.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ida.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	359.7 KB
ID:	972502

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by b25 View Post
              I think all flyers can start selling your planes, is a matter of time they will ban flying in the field.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]117242[/ATTACH]
              That thing the guy in red is holding up looks like a spade

I think they are only aiming for FPV flyers who have not gotten the message. Contrary to what you are saying, the greater danger to our RC activities is urban development. And as long as there are FPV flyers who still flout the rules, it will be difficult to get this hobby formally recognised in Singapore.
              Beastx installed and flying ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Just a question to the old timers.

Is there a one stop information center on the local website that l lay out all the rules in RC flying in Singapore? I believe some 'googling' need to be done. Correct me if I am wrong. May be the authority (IDA/CASS) should start educating the public (e.g make local hobby store put up mandatory notice directing hobbyists to information website)? Better then wasting time going down scanning for illegal frequencies whenever a newbie start flying with his 1.2G fpv gears

Comment

Problem is , its one thing to educate the public but its another thing to ensure everyone follows the rule . Everyone knows that they are not supposed to litter in public places yet there are always pple doing it . Also everyone knows most of the laws and punishment for killing pple , rioting , selling drugs , racial discrimination , etc . Yet we always see such news in the media , etc .

Do you seriously believe that if they put posters and guidelines at all local hobby shops , such activities will stop ? Even if they are not on sale in sg , there will always have pple bringing them in through online purchase or when they come in from another countries . Esp if the culprits are foreigners , if they sense the authorities zooming in on them , at most they only go back to their own countries to hide for a while or to use another fake passport to come back , i have ex colleague working at customs telling me almost everyday he see pple trying to use fake passport to come in .

Anyway if you know any newbie to old bird using such gears in that range ... you should tell them to stop doing so . Before they sabotage the entire community . Unless you don't mind seeing no rc aircraft activities signboard on every plot of empty land or rc aircraft activities being banned nation wide .

Comment

Originally posted by TWE75 View Post
                    Problem is , its one thing to educate the public but its another thing to ensure everyone follows the rule . Everyone knows that they are not supposed to litter in public places yet there are always pple doing it . Also everyone knows most of the laws and punishment for killing pple , rioting , selling drugs , racial discrimination , etc . Yet we always see such news in the media , etc .

Do you seriously believe that if they put posters and guidelines at all local hobby shops , such activities will stop ? Even if they are not on sale in sg , there will always have pple bringing them in through online purchase or when they come in from another countries . Esp if the culprits are foreigners , if they sense the authorities zooming in on them , at most they only go back to their own countries to hide for a while or to use another fake passport to come back , i have ex colleague working at customs telling me almost everyday he see pple trying to use fake passport to come in .

Anyway if you know any newbie to old bird using such gears in that range ... you should tell them to stop doing so . Before they sabotage the entire community . Unless you don't mind seeing no rc aircraft activities signboard on every plot of empty land or rc aircraft activities being banned nation wide .
                    Well written.

Question: If you spot someone using this illegal freq, would you report him to the authorities or would you just turn a blind eyes?

BTW: IDA has been going to the CD field 3 days in a row. They were there again yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by chiadennis View Post
                      Well written.

Question: If you spot someone using this illegal freq, would you report him to the authorities or would you just turn a blind eyes?

BTW: IDA has been going to the CD field 3 days in a row. They were there again yesterday.
                      Oh when I said "you" I mean the DH communitty not TWE75 personally.

Comment

Well written.

seriously? I won't. Cos I also don't really know what is allowed whats not lol. Actually I only know from reading 900mhz and 1.2GHZ range are not allowed here.

Comment

Fellow RC hobbist

IDA was down at CD field this evening with their scanner. When I arrived at the field they had this huge antenna sticking out of their car. I suspected he was from IDA. I didn't talk to him at first and I told the guys that someone was scanning the field. Our RC guys look up and saw the IDA dude waving this big shark shape antenna. Just then he got out of this car and scan at one of the plane flying. I decided to walk over and talk to him together with Francis and yes he identified himself from IDA. I took the opportunity to asked him what freq he scanning and it the 1ghz range. I also asked him about 2.4 and 5.8ghz and there no problem with these freq.

There are more IDA told me, asked me when you see me. I won't post what IDA said.

Correct me if im wrong.. Meaning IDA are OK with 5.8 fpv system? I really want to try fpv and im willing to follow on any rules about the size of the aircraft and max distance and place.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberiarvo View Post
                            Correct me if im wrong.. Meaning IDA are OK with 5.8 fpv system? I really want to try fpv and im willing to follow on any rules about the size of the aircraft and max distance and place.
                            Please note that there is another ruling / law by CAAS, no form of aerial photographic/video are allowed in Singapore without the written permission from CAAS.

Please do a search in Daddhobby forum on these subject, it was discussed before.

Comment

Dear all,

Regarding Radio Spectrum usage, you can refer to this IDA webpage :http://www.ida.gov.sg/Policies%20and...421164253.aspx

Comment

Working...
                              X