Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DLG Contest: 11 Jun, OHR

If first you don't succeed, try , try again.

If weather permits, There will be a DLG contest this Sunday at OHR @ 3pm. Let's pray for good weather.

As usual registration is free.

The tasks for the contest:

1. All up last Down (3min)
    2. 5 x 1min flight (Working time 5 minutes)
    3. Ladder (30s flight with subsequent 15s increments till 120min achieved, working time 10mins)
    4. Last flight, 4 min (5 min working time)

I have chosen tasks which will test different skills. So that it will be fair to everyone. Personally I find that I suck at the ladder and 1 min flights, but i tend to be more relaxed for the longer flights.

So here are the confirmed participants so far:
    1. Randomtask
    2. CJ
    3. Pang
    4. Alif Chong
    5. Hilmi Chong
    6. Vincopter
    7. Shaorong
    8. Pang
    9. Micro Heli Nut
    10. Deedubya

Please feel free to add on your names if you wanna join in the fun.

Cheers,
    Adnan
    Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
    ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
    Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Wrong Date, 12 Jun

Sorry Guys, typo on the title, it is 12 Jun.
    ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts

sigpic

Comment

Once again. I would like to thank all the competitors at the first ever dlg contest. A big shoutout to Soaring Composites and Singapore Hobby for providing prizes for this event. Thanks to all and this will be the first of many more contests.

Cheers,
      Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Thanks all

Thanks Adnan for organising and all who took part! My arms n back are aching. But it was a good workout n great fun!

www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers
        www.facebook.com/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League

Comment

Thank you for the event!

Thank you for organizing the event. Didn't know i could get such a good work out flying rc glider.

Regards,
          Shaorong Chen
          Work Work... More Work?

Comment

Originally posted by Pang View Post
            Thanks Adnan for organising and all who took part! My arms n back are aching. But it was a good workout n great fun!

For the picture to turn out like this, the person behind the camera must be someone who has steady hands and did not participate such event.

Comment

Good fun and great workout!

Many thanks to Adnan for taking the time and effort in organising this inaugural DLG Contest!

We had spent a good time tossing, walking, and seeking out for some "secret" thermal spots.

Overall, it was a really enjoyable experience.

Regards,
              Ronald.

Comment

It was great fun and a good workout. We should this more.
                Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Thanks. Very grateful for the invite. Thanks to all who answered my questions.

Also very excited that I got to meet Adnan, Vincent, Joe, Ronald and all the other DLG fliers in person in person. Awesome people! Great fun. Learnt quite a lot too.

Comment

It was the first occasion that I have seen such a big gathering of DLG fliers at the site.

I managed to photograph six of the DLGs in flight from when I was standing. It was a pity that strong sunlight was not available.

Congratulations to the organisers and the participants.

Comment

Thanks all for the kind words and sonyalpha for the pictures.

I am glad that we all had fun. And it's a real nice gathering for all the DLG flyers. Eh who knows maybe another time we can even have a BBQ after a gruelling contest.

The contest was full of ups and downs. For the first few rounds, the air was nice and buoyant but some rounds were really tough with sink all over the place. The ten-minute rounds were really tough and I know i gotta get in shape for those longer tasks.

We now have a spot at OHR known as David's Secret Corner . Thermals was aplenty when Deedubya was flying there but apparently it only works for him and no one else hehe. At least now callers have a point of reference when calling out air for their pilots.

Anyways, here are the results of our very first DLG contest, here are Singapore's "Top Ten" DLG Pilots :

VinCopter: 2992Pts, Rank: 5
                      Chong KS: 2468Pts, Rank: 8
                      Hilmi Chong: 3623Pts, Rank: 2
                      Pang: 3373Pts, Rank: 3
                      Shaorong: 1749Pts*, Rank: 9
                      CJ: 2994Pts, Rank: 4
                      Adnan: 3748Pts, Rank 1
                      David: 2811Pts, Rank 6
                      MicroHeliNut: 1337Pts*, Rank 10
                      Ronald: 2491Pts, Rank 7

* Flyers were flying the Alula HLG. It'd be tough to be competitive with these planes against the full size DLGs but these guys powered through the rounds.

I'm thinking maybe next time we can have a <1200mm wingspan category contest just for guys with smaller DLGs.

So that's a very brief roundup of our first DLG contest. Now looking forward to running and competing in the AFS DLG Thermal Challenge.

I will post the finalised tasks on DH tomorrow. It will make up of mostly (if not all) 5 minute round tasks. Also, I will be running practice session(s) this coming weekend for the tasks. In these session(s), I will explain the tasks, strategies and also share the challenges of the terrain at RMS. So if you are taking part in the AFS DLG Thermal Challenge, come down and have a better idea of what to expect at the contest. This is also an open invitation to anyone who is interested in taking up DLG.

Cheers,
                      Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Thanks again Adnan for being the organizational guru. I think we all learned a bit about F3K and had fun while doing it!

BTW, I would've placed better if a tree didn't jump out and grab my plane on the first flight of the first round, resulting in a zero. Note to self: Avoid trees!!!

Guys like me, basically lazy who just like to fly, really need and appreciate guys like you who get events like this together. Thanks again!

-David-

Comment

Working...
                        X