Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Fly Zone

well guy look like the kite pose to public danger , plane , motorist. there a law say no fly zone above 60m for kite i wonder does it apply to rc plane or heli. hope our hobby does not pose in BIG news paper . well look like a serious case for kite . i think the subject will be raise in parliment .

hope the say will not restict all rc to confine one place in sg the only fly zone
    mike

There is a 60m limit even for RC flying. The authority have not been strict about this ruling. Sad to say even the kite flyer in Punggol do not observe this rule. I have seen people light up their kite at 11pm.

Comment

Comment

Looking at the article, KITE can tangle up and delay a MRT TRAIN??? Find it hard to believe. I mean, a train weighing couple of tons moving at certain speed would cut through kite line like it wasn't there.

Nowadays can see kite flyers in most open fields. Kite flying is harder to control, IMHO, cos at first glance it seems like a harmless hobby, does not generate noise pollution, nor radio signals, etc. Very hard for the authorities to find fault with it. Problem is that bigger and bigger kites are now flown. Probably need to regulate the size and/or line length, or confine the activity to certain public parks.

Anyway, I think this is one of those things that will be blown out of all proportion again. Kind of sad if even parents flying those small, simple kites with their kiddies also have to subject to rules or confined to certain areas.
        ------------------------------
        Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
        NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

authority steps in when things happen...likewise this can happen to RC Flying

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
            Looking at the article, KITE can tangle up and delay a MRT TRAIN??? Find it hard to believe. I mean, a train weighing couple of tons moving at certain speed would cut through kite line like it wasn't there.

Nowadays can see kite flyers in most open fields. Kite flying is harder to control, IMHO, cos at first glance it seems like a harmless hobby, does not generate noise pollution, nor radio signals, etc. Very hard for the authorities to find fault with it. Problem is that bigger and bigger kites are now flown. Probably need to regulate the size and/or line length, or confine the activity to certain public parks.

Anyway, I think this is one of those things that will be blown out of all proportion again. Kind of sad if even parents flying those small, simple kites with their kiddies also have to subject to rules or confined to certain areas.
            Wait till you meet kite flyer just below ur flat. One kite flyer at my place decide to fly his kite downstairs at the playground. He flew is kite higher than my blk of flat and so close to my blk, abt 1-2m away only. Open window and can see the line.

I was shock initially when I saw a string outside my window. Then I observe him enjoying his flying. But when he tried to reel in the kite, at low level, the kite went wild and got stuck on the tree. He cut the line and ran away. So now its littering on the tree top.

The kite is still stuck up on the tree, when I look down, I can still see that kite there. What can I say???

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post

I dunno about the MRT trains, but I've seen kites coming down (when the wind dies) and the lines goes across the roads, the danger to motorcyclist using that road is VERY REAL !

I find it even sader that parents flying those small simple kites with their kiddies don't have the common sense to realise the dangers that their kite string can pose. Just walk around any kite flying field and you'll see discarded tangled kite lines everywhere, these are a danger to other parents with small kiddies using the grass field.
              Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Ask Joe Yap, his little boy got tangle with kite string only yesterday.

Comment

As with all kinds of activities, it all boils down to graciousness and consideration for others. There are always some "black sheep" out there, but usually not the norm. They just don't realise the trouble that might be caused to others so maybe the relevant ministry might have to come up with an education campaign - kite flying etiquette??
                  ------------------------------
                  Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
                  NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Our airspace is indeed small... even for real aircrafts..
                    My Hangar:

Heli 1:T-REX 450SE (Hughes MD 500)
                    (SE-maiden 15/03/06)
                    (XL-maiden 16/10/05)

Heli 2:RAPTOR 50 TITAN
                    (TITAN-maiden 16/06/2006)

Heli 3:T-REX 500ESP (T-rex maiden 25/9/10)
                    (FLASHER 500-maiden 08/10/2009 R.I.P:09/08/10)

Heli 4:Flasher 250
                    (maiden 13/09/2010)

Airplane 1:GWS A-4SU Skyhawk For Sale
                    Airplane 2:GWS P-40N WarHawk RAAF maiden flight 20/08/10 For Sale

Transmitter:
                    JR 9XII(XPS 2.4)

Its all fun & games till the bills come..

Comment

Small Island

I can only say that here small island with not much so call empty field/flying field for ppl to use for recreational flying. sure slowly will be ban by the gov. all our activities if these 'black sheeps' did not use their common sense on the safety issue.
                      Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

WOW........
                        sounds like got to do some risk assessment on everything you do..
                        even fly kites....

I think its a thing like go easy on life.. Thats too many things pose danger around us.. Its a matter of EDCUCATION!!

complainting here and there does not make things better.

I always think that if there is no one a bad guy. How to show that there are good guys.
                        If there are no ugly people, where to get beauty?
                        I love PAP

Comment

Working...
                        X