Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by f22 View Post
    can i be a estarter instructor...
    You'll be coaching School kids or young adults with zero RC knowledge ! ...what do you think ?

However, we do require people with a very strong sense of safety.
    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Being super KiaSi counted as having very strong sense of safety?
      Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
      You'll be coaching School kids or young adults with zero RC knowledge ! ...what do you think ?

However, we do require people with a very strong sense of safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
        Hi Tony,

I just hope that history will not repeat itself when a club or committee is formed at a particular field.

e.g A newbie appear at the field and someone him.

Sometimes human can get too emotional.

If you not sure what I am referring to............ look at this thread :

The same thing might happen sometime down the road. Sorry for being so pessimistic on my part.

Cheers,
        Adrian
        Hi Adrian,

I always believe there are 2 sides to every arguments and in the case you quoted above, one side is trying to preserve their stake on the usage of the Pond for powerboats (maybe too emotionally) and the others side takes offences at being told off about it.

In the end, I believe being lenient and losing control means losing that place for powerboating ! (as has happened !!)

Lets face it, in everything we start we got to start off as newbies, there is nothing wrong in admitting it and taking the advise of the old birds not only are you gaining from their experiences but more importantly, you will avoiding creating an incident which affects the whole group and the site.
        Nothing burns me up more than those newbies who comes and behaves like they're the experts know-it all, then go create incidents at the site and then behaves like it is perfectly allright ! (eg: crashing on the TPE !)

I know that quite a few people have commented that the PFW group are 'unfriendly' but they do not mention THEIR own actions which caused the unfriendly'ness.
        I've encountered a beginner who kept crashing his E'Starter, one look and I could see that his Ailerons control were reversed, trying to help, I mentioned this to him but to my surprise, he rebuked me that there was nothing wrong with his aileron ....and he kept at it, launching and crashing and creating the impression that RC plane flies out of control like that to the other users of the field ! ....so how would you deal with such people ?

I cannot garrantee that 'history will not repeat itself' but then I lagi cannot just sit down and DO NOTHING ! ...but watch slowly as one by one all the FF field sprouts 'NO RC Flying Allowed' signposts !!!

As I've mentioned b4, we cannot insist on anything (nor do we want to !) ...but I certainly hope that one day the Bishun group and yourself will be convinced to be a part of the AFS.

Cheers !

Comment

Maybe it's like our SAF, safety briefing, water parade (oops), equipment check, radio check, flight path check, etc.
          "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun View Post
            Being super KiaSi counted as having very strong sense of safety?
            Yes and No !

Yes, if you are super kiasu/Kiasi of getting hurt or hurting others.

No, if you are super kiasu/kiasi of losing out and must win even at the risk of injuring somebody.

...so your point is ?

Comment

Tony,

Sad to say, there are very few flyers in bishan only to form a club. The guys there are all ad-hoc flyers. One hand is enough to count the number of flyers there.

It is an approved site by HDB and CAAS with a height limitation of 60feet. Nice place for parkflyers and electrics only.

If you want the flyers there to form a group, then sad to say, I will have to be the Chairman + Secretary + Treasurer + Committee member, all-in-one. Moreover, I no longer reside near Bishan and it is abt 20km away from my home.

From the AFS discussion, I can tell that AFS at the moment is not interested in ad-hoc flyers like us. For flyers like us, we will not fight for a permanent place to fly but rather we are all very normadic. Bishan cannot fly, we move to Woodlands or Yishun or Sembawang or AMK or AIS(previously), etc...

Ok, enough from me. I just wana let u know the othe effect of forming a group/club controlling a public area. PP has already walked into the history books as far as powerboating is concerned. The active boaters are doing something abt it but not very nice for me to mention it here as I am never a member of PP powerboating club.

I just like the freedom to fly my helis and run my boats. See you around.

Comment

No worries Adrian,

I've join your Bishun group FF on a number of occasions and I must say that this is one of the more responsible and friendly FF group around. I understand perfectly the wish to remain as Ad-hoc flyers.

As it was discussed during the meeting, it would be ideal if members could join AFS as individuals no matter where they fly but the current AFS constitutions does not have any provisions for that, thus members have to join as a group/club. ...for the moment !

Cheers !

Comment

Working...
                X