Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20l fuel rule in MY

well look like we shell go MY trip lesser .as the rule impelment.
    as the govt impose on it.it will not affect us sg ppl.but the commercial operator will suffer .well it a bad ideal to the ppl.who depend on S dollar to lives.so any bro care to coment ur look. the rule say only 20l allow on petrol
    station .how abt custom fellow do they ck.ur tank make sure it half tank n below so wat the penities .
    mike

tat mean if we go in 3/4 rule we must circle 200km to reach 1/4 tank before can go back tat eviroment friendly ya
    mike

Comment

Yes, when I get to hear the news I thought I heard wrongly..Sound really crazy..maybe singapore side should drop the 3/4 tank rule..
      Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter
      JR Vibe 50: 01
      Trex600N Pro: 01
      Kasama Srimok 90: 01
      TT Raptor 50: 10
      TT Raptor 90 3D: 01
      MA Fury 55: 01

(Latest Crash Dated 29 April 2012) Total: 15

sigpic

Comment

Hey bro, Malaysia got more to lose if they do not impose the 20 litres limit to foreigners. The fuel prices are heavily subsidised by the government to ease the load for the locals. However, we foreigners are taking advantage of the situation and the country have more to lose than the custom fee we paid everytime we enter the country.

If I'm not wrong, the same policy is extended to the North of the country, as Thais are also taking advantage of the discounted fuel meant for the country.

Comment

well if they can impose fuel fee for entering MY for each veh ,or they can rise fuel price to market price ,and in the end those MY car owner who paid rd
          tax can cliam back some fuel tax $.would be better than impose 20L fuel rule.
          cause it not fair for a sg car with 3/4 tank rule in the end have to bleed the fuel to 1/4 tank before leaving MY custom
          mike

Comment

Fair to us? The subsidy is meant for thier own country, not for us the reap. Are we being fair to them and our local petrol company in the first place? We are consider lucky enough that they still allow us to pump and not let our cars run dry.

If they impose fuel fee for entering Malaysia, many people will hate you ,because not all Singapore motorists purposefully go there to fill up thier tanks. If you drive fuel efficient cars there and do not travel a lot, you won't have much fuel to fill in the first place, and by then you'll ask why should you pay for the fuel fee when you pass through the custom?

Also, not only cars uses diesel and petrol. It is not practical to rasie the fuel price to market value and than re-imburse the locals. It is not easy to extend the subsidies to all end users, including farmers and industry users.

By having this policy, we are not losing anything, only less to gain. Just like when you lost your TOTO ticket when you strike $10000, you didn't lose the $10000. You only didn't win it.

Comment

well in the mean time cross the finger to see if it will work better or worse to the economic.
              mike

Comment

Tampines Flyer, Read This

Please don't complain too much. It's not part of Singapore that you are going. and don't worry, JBians themselves will know how much trouble they will be in if the situations is not giving them any advantage just like when the government plan to implement non subsidized fuel to Foreign registered car a while ago.

Sometimes, it's a decision the government have to make and implement to safeguard their interest(politically, or financially) just like implementing $30/day for foreign vehicle into Singapore to prevent overcrowding of vehicles during Weekdays in Singapore.

Good thing Joe have a good understanding of the whole situation and it is good to share it to everyone here.

Cheers
                ------------------------------------

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I second your point..I think it is not a matter of fairness..It just sound crazy for me to go into JB 3/4 tank rule in the end have to bleed the fuel to 1/4 tank before leaving MY custom..I often have business meeting in JB Tampoi area (does not cost you that much fuel) and it is simply crazy..!!

By the way, I am one of the people who DO NOTuse the MY fuel. Reason being my fuel cost are expensed at the company's cost.

With the policy in place, I got more excuse not to go in now for business meeting. Horays the BN Gov..Well done..!!

Take for example the white card policy..!!

Originally posted by tampines flyer View Post
                  well if they can impose fuel fee for entering MY for each veh ,or they can rise fuel price to market price ,and in the end those MY car owner who paid rd
                  tax can cliam back some fuel tax $.would be better than impose 20L fuel rule.
                  cause it not fair for a sg car with 3/4 tank rule in the end have to bleed the fuel to 1/4 tank before leaving MY custom
                  Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter

sigpic

Comment

In addition, forgot to add one more point: "dun like the policy, then simply dun go in..!!"
                    Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TmMugen View Post
                      In addition, forgot to add one more point: "dun like the policy, then simply dun go in..!!"
                      No, still go in, but not for the sake of just filling up the tank.

Comment

I have a question...my car full tank is 70l, so 3/4 is 52.5L. My car can get as good as 7.5L/100km on the expressway...so do I have to travel 400km on the expressway before I can come back to singapore?

And tbh, 20L in a high CC car is like 1/4 or less of the tank, so is that fellow driving the big suv suppose to be travel around johor with less than 1/4 tank so that he can come back to singapore anytime?

sigpic

Comment

Maybe..for business no choice yes..But I think from now onwards I will get my business associates to come over Singapore.

Originally posted by joe yap View Post
                          No, still go in, but not for the sake of just filling up the tank.
                          Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter

sigpic

Comment

Spot on..!!

Just a question: Is this already enforced? or just OT..

Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
                            I have a question...my car full tank is 70l, so 3/4 is 52.5L. My car can get as good as 7.5L/100km on the expressway...so do I have to travel 400km on the expressway before I can come back to singapore?

And tbh, 20L in a high CC car is like 1/4 or less of the tank, so is that fellow driving the big suv suppose to be travel around johor with less than 1/4 tank so that he can come back to singapore anytime?
                            Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter

sigpic

Comment

Now is a good time to start a car renting bussiness in the middle of the causeway.

Park and Drive

Comment

Working...
                              X