Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Admiralty Lane Fliers - PLEASE, PLEASE FLY SAFELY!

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admiralty Lane Fliers - PLEASE, PLEASE FLY SAFELY!

Greetings,

This appeal goes out specifically to the chaps flying at Admiralty Lane on Sunday mornings. At the risk of making myself very unpopular, I feel I should not remain silent any longer, and make this appeal after what I witnessed today between 11am-12pm.

Once again, a plane flew over the road, and this time it crossed over to the adjacent field, where it crashed quite forcefully (bounced off the ground 1m into the air)! About 50m away from the crash spot, there was a soccer match going on. Just imagine the injury had the plane hit the soccer players!

Fine. I suspect that the pilot of that plane may have been a raw beginner (I saw a pair of flyers close together, as would be the case in a buddy-box training situation). But novice or seasoned pro alike, the point I would like to make here is that under no circumstances should planes be allowed to stray behind the pilot and fly over the road. This is actually the third time I've personally seen this happen there. If it was indeed an instructor/Trainee practice session, the instructor should have told the trainee much earlier on, to keep ALL FLYING IN FRONT OF THEM, over their flying field ONLY. Flying overhead, behind, and over the road, should be avoided at all times, for obvious reasons of keeping in control and safety.

Instructors, please make sure you are aware of the basic safe-flying rules, and make sure you drill those points into your trainee. At any time the trainee appears to be about to violate those rules, please seize control and bring the plane back into the proper flying zone. Please don't allow the above incident to happen.

Fellow flyers. If you see safety at the field being compromized, please step forward and remind each other to adhere to safety practices. Some of us may not realise the unsafe aspects and consequences of what we do, so let's bring each other 'up-to-speed' on safety aspects. Please share your experience with the less initiated. Also, let's receive good advise from others in the right spirit. Ultimately, we all want to enjoy this hobby without anyone getting hurt or damage to property, participants and non-participants alike.

To the group in question, I hope you all read this and take it in the right spirit. It's not so much to point a finger at you, but just to bring this to your awareness. Perhaps I should have stopped and brought it to your attention in person. Perhaps if there's still a need in future, I will do just that, as I feel a personal need to protect that field from closure. I think we have to work together on this. Right now, there's a sign there that looks like the one on the left below. If something bad were to happen due to flying models, then we may well see the sign on the right (yes, they DO exist). Thanks to yacsf for this photo from another thread here, hope you don't mind that I use it here to make a point.

So, please please please, I urge this group (and other flyers alike if you think you are likewise guilty), to start practicing safety at the field. NEVER let your planes fly behind you or over roads, train tracks, bystanders, etc etc. Keep ALL FLYING OVER THE FYLING AREA ONLY!

So let US ALL be safety-conscious at the fields. We have lost some already, let's not throw away what we have left because of carelessness.

Cheers to one and all :>

... It's in the Details... :>

Agreed, safety first in whatever we do.

I was there too for the first time on last Sunday morning to maiden my bright yellow funjet with the help of my friend

First and second launch was bad. The plane nose keep going up(too much down thrust angle I guess) when opening throttle but luckily I manage to land safely without crashing .

All went well after the third launch

Admiralty Lane seems to be a good place to fly. I think I will be here often to fly.

Comment

Safety First

Safety is often overlooked! Yesterday I almost ramped my plane into another brother when doing a low pass. Just to share, please shout "LOW PASS" to alert others no matter how frequent you may shout.

Luckily he managed to SIAM in time.

Comment

Yes i totally agree to it. If there's any soccer match or somebody is playing around the field, i rather not to fly there. Unless i'm an expert! Hehes! =)

Comment

Whoa! Where did you find the no radio control plane sign?
          Did you know that dolphins are so intelligent that within only a few weeks of captivity, they can train humans to stand at the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Comment

Originally posted by fudge2k85 View Post
            admiralty road got alot of these signs...

Comment

Jalan Bahar field got alot of these signs too. I believe the photo was taken at J.B field.

Comment

Hi All,

I 'borrowed' the second photo from this thread:
                A Day of Harmony and Joy (27072008)... <br> <br> https://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/images/recovered/62625.jpg https://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/images/recovered/62626.jpg

post #17. So thanks again to yacsf for it.

As to the other comments here, mainly I just wanted to raise the point about not flying over and across that road. The soccer players were on another field, seperated from the flying field area by Admiralty Lane. So as long as planes don't overfly the road, they would have been quite safe. I know they did not mean to endanger anyone, still I felt a need to hopefully raise their awareness on this point, and hopefully avert any future accidents. Hope no one got offended or hurt by my post.

Hi $h@dOw and gang,
                You guys taught me that basic safety rule, among others, and I will always keep them in mind. Hope we meet for a spot of flying some day. :>
                ... It's in the Details... :>

Comment

SGP is a small place, we will meet either at the field or maybe at some shopping centre. You'll never know.

Comment

...3 thumbs up for the TS !

I salute you for standing up and voicing out to personally defend your FF.
                    In Singapore where the majority would prefer NOT to be the 'bad guy' and so keep mums about such matters.

If not for people like you who would take action to hightlight and most likely prevented an incident which could cast the sport/hobby in a very negative light. (Thus justifying a ban by the authorities).

We need more members like you, people who will take ownership of their FF and stand up to highlight dangerous stunts and if necessary step forward to educate the newbies on the do and don'ts of the particulars of that FF.

Cheers !
                    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Besides safety, flyer need to consider the residence living nearby.
                      The noise from some of the radio control set up are driving the residents nuts. Please read today's straits times 15 Dec 2009 entitle " REMOTE-CONTROL PLANES INTRUDING INTO RESIDENTS LIVES" ...LOCATED PUNGGOL PARK OPEN FIELD. Although
                      this happen in another location, the message is very clear.

Key words.... be mindful and considerate of other living nearby when you fly your radio control models.

Cheers

Comment

Admiralty Lane

I love the field @ Admiralty Lane, & hope 2 continue flying there.

1. The reason Y the HDB flats around Admiralty Lane r not built as high as the ones in Toa Payoh etc is because of hight limit fm some air base somewhere.
                        Thus, if we keep our flying below the height of the surrounding HDB we should be fine. I'm only referring to the height issue here alone.

2. Going on to the next topic of safety, we must always establish flight line & flight space. Flight line is important cuz we wouldn't want anyone flying behind us. Flying within our flight space is equally important, especially for helis, as for planes I'm in no position 2 comment cuz I don't do planes

3. Having a buddy while flying will b perfect, cuz sometimes we tend to focus on ur flying machine only. Thus, unable 2 notice "Environmental" changes around us, whereby our buddy is able to caution us. eg. "man @ 3 O'clock" , "Dude u r flying behind yourself due to head wind" etc

To close I wana touch on flying attitude. I don't like the idea of flying to attract attention. Flying near to HDB will actually attracted many kids to the flight line, this a bad idea.
                        We took up this hobby for many reasons, some may want to participate in some events, some may just be happy to see their flying machine under their good control etc
                        My point is u know what u can do & what u can't, do not perform maneuver that u r uncertain, even if u get silly comments like retard or idiot pilot, cuz u may loose control & risk sending ur machine towards ur innocent friends behind the flight line.

P.S. Think & function as a group when doing group flying

Learning Stall Turns
                        Mode 2 Heli Masticator
                        学习神龙摆尾
                        美国手直升机毁灭者

Comment

HDB in JB?

I believe the photo was taken at J.B field.
                          Sorry lah bro, did u saw the HDB logo? HDB can control over JB field meh? It's definately took in SG mag. heheheh...no offen heh, just to hilight. these type of sign board all over SG island now a day.... Wlds Ave 12 field oso hv.
                          Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

Originally posted by alex_bong View Post
                            Sorry lah bro, did u saw the HDB logo? HDB can control over JB field meh? It's definately took in SG mag. heheheh...no offen heh, just to hilight. these type of sign board all over SG island now a day.... Wlds Ave 12 field oso hv.
                            Bro i believe the J.B. mentioned here is referring to Jalan Bahar. Correct me if i'm wrong ppl
                            Conquer Your Stick!!

Comment

fly safely

Bro i believe the J.B. mentioned here is referring to Jalan Bahar
                              Yo,is it? then is me wronged...hehehe

Anyway no matter where we fly, ALWAYS SAFETY 1ST!!!
                              Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

Working...
                              X