Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USAF Thunderbirds

he U.S. Embassy is proud to announce the visit of the USAF Thunderbirds to Kuala Lumpur on Saturday, October 3, 2009, beginning at 10:30 am. In partnership with the Royal Malaysian Air Force, the U.S. Air Force will feature its Thunderbirds F-16 and C-17 aircrafts at the Subang Airshow. The RMAF Sukhoi aerobatic team will also perform at the show.

The Thunderbirds are the air demonstration squadron of the U.S. Air Force (USAF), based at Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas, Nevada. The squadron regularly tours the United States and much of the world, performing aerobatic formation and solo flying in specially-marked USAF jet aircraft.

The air show will take place at RMAF Subang Air Base in Shah Alam. The show is free and open to members of the public.

I'm going!
    F5D Stratair Viper Triple Carbon
    F5D Stratair Demon
    F5D Jibe
    Jiri Bachinski Escape Pylon
    Voodoo S400
    Kyosho Phantom 70 Reno racer
    La Racer 56

Comment

arrrr..... cant go.

remember the last time i saw them was in Singapore East Coast many many many yeas ago in the late 90's..
      Roll call from hanger
      -Kyosho, STRATUS 1600 Glider
      -JH Spitfire-25 size (no 2.)
      -Cap 232-15 size
      -GWS P51 Mustang EP, from a nice DH flyer
      -Dualsky Breeze PRO

Kissed the ground...

-Scanner
      -JH Spitfire-25 size (no 1.)

Frequency

-Spektrum, DX7

Comment

wonder if thunderbirds are coming to singapore. haha. hope to see them maybe next year airshow?

Comment

Just watched this discovery channel program last week on the red arrows with the blue angels and thunderbirds. Very nice. I wonder if RC plane can fly a team of red arrows? that would be impressive.

Comment

haha! saw their rehersal performance when we flew to subang there on 1st october with yfc, a must see! there was also a malaysian owned su/mig landing... dont know which model ^^

the worst part was that it took me and my friends some time to realise that that was the actual usaf thunderbirds , not some malaysian copy . performing ( through a DSLR and zoom )

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas View Post
              haha! saw their rehersal performance when we flew to subang there on 1st october with yfc, a must see! there was also a malaysian owned su/mig landing... dont know which model ^^

the worst part was that it took me and my friends some time to realise that that was the actual usaf thunderbirds , not some malaysian copy . performing ( through a DSLR and zoom )
              Nic,
              you should post your picture here!
              Don't PCW

Beam E4
              Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
              Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

Originally posted by helirulz View Post
                Nic,
                you should post your picture here!
                i would if it was with me!! and if my leptop is repaired

Comment

laptop*

Comment

here we go! the pics are rather small though cause its resized on my blog, one is the USAF thunderbird holding its nose up during a landing ... the other one is ...

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas View Post
                      here we go! the pics are rather small though cause its resized on my blog, one is the USAF thunderbird holding its nose up during a landing ... the other one is ...
                      Whoa! Looks like the its a Su-30MKM... Our neighbours next door made a fighter upgrade in 2003, if I'm not wrong ... Prompted RSAF to scramble for the F16C/Ds and the F-15SGs...

But given they already have the F/A-18 Super Hornet, you think they would get a carrier?? Hmm....
                      Did you know that dolphins are so intelligent that within only a few weeks of captivity, they can train humans to stand at the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Comment

Working...
                      X