Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED is nothing new.
    Why not say the first ford model got no headlight and maybe someone in country X took exactly the same ford model to add in headlight, is that something very awe?

Basically, no R&D and effort has been put into the kite or IFO.... so does adding LED to plane or heli makes them something special to be call example flying platform or rotating object???

Originally posted by papasmurf
    Guys, i think there are many of the people out there do not understand the meaning of innovation.

in·no·va·tion n.

1. The act of introducing something new.
    2. Something newly introduced.

innovate

v. : bring something new to an environment

Yes, indeed, IFO was first in the market in 1998, but IFO if you know, they have not use LEDs lights to fly their slow flyers (what they called themselves). Even until now, Wild RC has never introduced LED lightings to their planes. If you read and understand the meaning of innovation and innovate, it was a Singaporean who added lights and brought us the night flying capability to RC flying on these light-weight, kite-liked models. I think that's very clever and although simple, how many people actually thought of it? Even if anyone of you said it's so simple and easy to do, why didn't you create this new flying capability and new toy and put them to good use by creating a business out of it?

Personally, I think this is something really amazing about this creation. It has actually brought so much fun, laughters and enjoyment to RC flying in the night.

And right now, if you realised, these RC Kites in the market has so many designs and models. That makes all the difference whether it is still an IFO or RC Kite. Friends, I think there must be a way to differential which product is which. In the first place, Wild RC did not claim and will not be the standard of these flying models.

Another very simple example. I am sure all of you know the car called Model-T by Henry Ford.

"The Ford Model T (colloquially known as the Tin Lizzie and the Flivver) was an automobile produced by Henry Ford's Ford Motor Company from 1908 through 1927. It is generally regarded as the first affordable automobile, the car which "put America on wheels"; this was due to some of Ford's innovations, including assembly line production instead of individual hand crafting, as well as the concept of paying the workers a wage proportionate to the cost of the car, so that they would provide a ready made market. The first production Model T was built on September 27, 1908 at the Piquette Plant in Detroit, Michigan. Cars built before 1919 are classed as veteran cars and later models as vintage cars." (extracted from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

But now, how many car manufacturers calling their own car models with so many beautiful names...Hope you guys know what I mean by now...we can't be calling all the cars on the road The Model T... Hahaha...I personallly ask myself at this point, why do people just don't get it.

GFK, I am all behind you guys!! Well done for bringing us a new way of flying these kites!!!

Comment

How come at this stage and point in time there are still people discussing such "old" passe topics in this forum.

What or who's new or not is no longer important. What's cool is people an enjoy the sport amd hobby...

Why not we all just have fun and enjoy...life's short

Comment

Working...
      X