Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Special Invitation, FIREPROOF - A Marriage Workshop by Central Christian Church

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Special Invitation, FIREPROOF - A Marriage Workshop by Central Christian Church

Dear friends,

Wishing you a Happy and Prosperous 2009 and a Great Valetime's Day.

In the midst of the many fires (economically, emotionally, and physically) that have rocking us all globally on an increasingly regular basis in 2008, our marriage really is the foundation that can help us through.

People take many precautions to guard against fire: alarms, extinguishers, drills, and even insurance are all ways of "fireproofing" our lives. Yet, too few of us take any measures to "fireproof" our marriages from the dangers of miscommunication, infidelity, and the breakdown of trust. While some marriages burn down in the fires of divorce, others just grow cold and loveless where we end up as two strangers in the same home.

Join us for a weekend-long marriage workshop that will help you to revive the "love connection" that has been lost, and "fireproof" your marriage against future disasters.

You can get details at http://www.seachurches.org/new_website/index.htm, there is also a trailer at the website.

For more info and tickets, feel free to contact me or PM me.

Warm regards,

hi Mod,

any rules pertaining spreading of religion on forum ?????
    ------------------------------------

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by pakkua80 View Post
      hi Mod,

about marriage workshop la...... may not be about religion.....
      After so many years, I am still a beginner

Comment

I have been part of this kind of "invitation" before. So I know what I am talking about.
        ------------------------------------

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I have been part of this kind of "invitation" before. So I know what I am talking about.
          so it is a wolf in sheep clothing
          After so many years, I am still a beginner

Comment

Originally posted by Bee_Flower View Post
            so it is a wolf in sheep clothing
            Bro can't say like that ya as IMHO every religion should be respected ya to say wolf not nice ya maybe just use the word hidden agenda may sound nicer
            DX7 SE

Comment

Following extracted from Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fireproof_(film)

Fireproof is a 2008 American drama film from Samuel Goldwyn Films and Sherwood Pictures. Stephen Kendrick co-wrote the film with his brother, while serving as a producer. The supporting cast is made up of volunteers from Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, Georgia, where the Kendrick brothers serve as associate pastors. The film features Kirk Cameron as Caleb Holt in his first theater-released movie since 2001's Left Behind: The Movie. On May 21, 2008, Sherwood Pictures announced that the film would open in theaters on September 26, 2008.[3] It was given an MPAA rating of PG for "thematic material and some peril."[4] The Making of Fireproof special aired on the Trinity Broadcasting Network prior to the movie's release, following a special airing of Sherwood Pictures' second theatrical release, Facing the Giants.[5]

At work, inside burning buildings, Capt. Caleb Holt lives by the old firefighter's adage: Never leave your partner behind. At home, in the cooling embers of his marriage, he lives by his own rules.

FIREPROOF touched the hearts and impacted the marriages of millions of moviegoers. Churches across the country purchased entire show times to help strengthen marriages in their congregations and to reach out to their communities. And those churches reported increased attendance in response!
              That makes a FIREPROOF Movie Event a natural ministry tool to inspire and challenge the people of your church...and beyond.
              Provident Films has partnered with Outreach to provide the official Site License DVD for FIREPROOF Movie Events at churches. (DVDs are not licensed for public group showings.) Outreach can also provide all of the Movie Event resources and materials you need to build interest and make a long-lasting impact!
              FIREPROOF...now showing in churches!

This is a special event organised by Central Christian Church, and as the church leaders are the founders of Movie TherapyTM in Singapore, John and Karen often incorporate the use of movies in the programmes they develop.

In this marriage workshop, John and Karen will use Scripture, movie clips, and other exercises to help you and your spouse take your marriage to new levels of intimacy.

Therefore in the spirit of Valentime's Day, I wish to invite you (please note that there is a $30 charge per head for a 3-day workshop - which is reasonable by any account) for all of us to learn and improve our marriage.

I am not really spreading any religious beliefs here but rather improving our marriage. Thanks.

Comment

Guys, relax. I know jackson personally

Some of ours guys had also helped flying mini lama few years back at central christian church children's day celebration.

It jus a marriage workshop lah and lets be open minded.

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Answer?

hi Mod,

So what is the answer?? yes or no??

Comment

This not directly spreading of religion.

Second, people should be discerning about this, it is straightforward - a marriage workshop organised by a church. Whether one is a believer or not, the workshop should spread values that make marriage better. I mean, it's a church that organise this, how 'neutral' do you expect things to be?

Just go with an open mind, if you want. The door is open, can leave anytime.
                    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
                      This "not directly" spreading of religion.
                      em...i got it now, thanks

Comment

e.g. I mean if some Buddhist temple hold a seminar on "Benefits of being Vegetarian", you can't expect it to be so neutral, right?
                        "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Working...
                        X