Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

picking up already hor .... lol i heard from a skipper that in november the winds are gona reach about 30 knots
    Helis
    Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

Today, whole day, runway 02 in use. In the late morning, it was actually 020/5kts. Its definately coming. Better finish the gliders!

Comment

Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Relax lah. This is more accurate in predicting the season.

The previous one is only good to tell the local current wind situation. Even if the wind is blowing right doesn't mean the season is in.

Comment

good website

looking at the wind chart, the region that is not affected by the thunder storm, north east monsoon is definately established.

I have a multi-level wind chart recently, the upper winds are there definately but the lower winds are much affected by the local weather systems due to the monsoon changes. The ITCZ (all the scouts out there) is passing Singapore now tracking up north causing severe systems.

All indications, season or not, the wind has definately changed. Trying not to be caught short like last year....

but with aerotow, we can be flying more often
            Last edited by Vortices; 03-11-2007, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Machnical catch system in glider

Hi Vortices

Saw your glider and pic in the forum, I wounder how you do the connection for the towing (The release catch system).

I have a 2.5m Graupner (given by a good friend) want a tow services..

Perhapes you can tell me the time and place you be flying in so that I can view your glider machnical catch system.

Regards
              zennith

Comment

I have to give my opinion again. Sometime, getting over zealous over the season can be very discouraging, during the transition period. You can have a few days of good wind when you are working, but you'll get nothing or lousy conditions by the time you hurried back home, grab your model and head for the slope. Another common scenario is that you could be up on the slope, staring at the front and waiting whole day as you notice the winds are coming in all directions. These period usually yields the most damaged models, as everyone on the slope are trying to make thier day by launching thier sailplanes in the less than favourable conditions. By the time the season has come to full-blown, they'll either have patchy models to fly or they'll tell you that they have no more glider to fly.

Worst still, some may even appear on the slope with thier powered glider, thinking that they can still get some flight even if the wind doesn't blow. Please disseminate to all slope soaring enthusiast that Bedok Reservoir slope is strictly off-limits to all forms of powered R/C model flying, by the authority of the Nparks, even if there's no signboard erected.

Comment

Originally posted by zennith
                  Hi Vortices

Saw your glider and pic in the forum, I wounder how you do the connection for the towing (The release catch system).

I have a 2.5m Graupner (given by a good friend) want a tow services..

Perhapes you can tell me the time and place you be flying in so that I can view your glider machnical catch system.

Regards
                  zennith
                  Hello. ok will post some picture of the construction, it is slightly overdue too. Promised a few flyers to do posting. Did not have a lot of time past week. Will get to it.

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap
                    I have to give my opinion again. Sometime, getting over zealous over the season can be very discouraging, during the transition period. You can have a few days of good wind when you are working, but you'll get nothing or lousy conditions by the time you hurried back home, grab your model and head for the slope. Another common scenario is that you could be up on the slope, staring at the front and waiting whole day as you notice the winds are coming in all directions. These period usually yields the most damaged models, as everyone on the slope are trying to make thier day by launching thier sailplanes in the less than favourable conditions. By the time the season has come to full-blown, they'll either have patchy models to fly or they'll tell you that they have no more glider to fly.

Worst still, some may even appear on the slope with thier powered glider, thinking that they can still get some flight even if the wind doesn't blow. Please disseminate to all slope soaring enthusiast that Bedok Reservoir slope is strictly off-limits to all forms of powered R/C model flying, by the authority of the Nparks, even if there's no signboard erected.

hahahaha ...patchy model!! last season I think cumulatively, I have had about 6 hours of mid afternoon nap in BR.

Comment

Originally posted by Vortices
                      hahahaha ...patchy model!! last season I think cumulatively, I have had about 6 hours of mid afternoon nap in BR.
                      Good tip....

I will remember to bring foldable chair with back rest.
                      sigpic
                      FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

Gliders fans,

If windguru prediction is correct, gliding season starts this Thursday.
                        Windguru weather forecast for Singapore - East Coast. Special wind and weather forecast for windsurfing, kitesurfing and other wind related sports.

Comment

I can feel the wind

Comment

Originally posted by Cycross
                            I can feel the wind
                            The heavy monsoon showers will follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
                              The heavy monsoon showers will follow.
                              You are so cruel

Comment

Originally posted by Cycross
                                You are so cruel

I checked www.nea.gov.sg b4 replying u. Do have a look at the weather forecast.

Comment

Working...
                                X