• Time
  • Show
Clear All

wah upgrad liao got wheather instrument ah.up to date one or not
    mike

Comment

Originally posted by tampines flyer View Post
      wah upgrad liao got wheather instrument ah.up to date one or not
      Just beginning to use. Will confirm at BR upon 'green' light lor.

Comment

From wind guru, the next few days looks good! Yeah!!

Comment

Found an interesting site...

Windfinder.com - Detailed wind, waves, weather & tide forecast for Singapore Changi Airport / Singapore, Singapore for kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing, fishing & hiking.

Comment

Gone flying today. Conditions ranged between occasional turbulent to superb. Certainly one of my best day.

During midday, winds are head on but somehow low level lift pockets are sparse and occasionally, we hit sink holes. Once at higher altitude, thermals came and go fast. They came very often but will not stay long. I got some good flights then.

In the early evening, thermals are spectacular. Although again they won't stay for too long, they are abundance and sometime creep up from the base of the slope and rise all the way sky high. I had one particular flight which it hit one right on. The moment I launched my Pilatus B-4, it climbs rather steeply in whatevr direction the head was pointing; headwind, left to right, right to left and even downwind! In less than a minute after launching, it had already climbed to about 200 metres high. Never had I ever encounter such kind of thermal. Even Dennis's EPP wing and Fox soared sky high.

Kah Marn joined up later in the evening with his Jart, and managed a few good flights with it.

Comment

experienced the same thing at around noon time today. Had a 30min quickie during lunch time. Thermal was scary at times. eagle was out too. siok.
              Too many models , so little time

Comment

honestly, i was boating at 10am- 1pm alone... the wind was no where near constant but towards the afternoon, you can feel the wind shift towards slope...

like what Joe and bluemoscow said, it came and went ... im sure it'll be constant in the next few days im looking forward to try gliding .. till then.. im sailing

Which character are you test by

Comment

Went there today about 4pm. Gusty wind

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoscow View Post
                    experienced the same thing at around noon time today. Had a 30min quickie during lunch time. Thermal was scary at times. eagle was out too. siok.
                    Maiden already?

Comment

tomor. should be able to maiden. everything is up and tested . tpnight just have solder the MPX connector and should be ready to go. damn $$@&^$*&^*&^*&^#@!))(*
                      difficult to build. Next time will get a plane that comes with everything and precut,
                      Too many models , so little time

Comment

tomor. should be able to maiden. everything is up and tested . tpnight just have solder the MPX connector and should be ready to go. damn $$@&^$*&^*&^*&^#@!))(*
                        difficult to build. Next time will get a plane that comes with everything and precut,
                        Don't solder wrong wires to wrong connectors, wait get same results as one friend over here... magic smoke.

Cheers,
                        Adnan
                        Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
                        ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
                        Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Are you building a Blizzard? Or Cularis?

Sounds cool.

I did away with the MPX connectors on mine....
                          "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
                            Are you building a Blizzard? Or Cularis?

Sounds cool.

I did away with the MPX connectors on mine....
                            None of the above... hehehe.

It's a nice fruit though

Cheers,
                            Adnan
                            Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
                            ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
                            Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

It makes nice milk shake

Multiplex Parkmaster 3D
                              Tarot 450SE V2

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask View Post
                                None of the above... hehehe.

It's a nice fruit though

Cheers,
                                Adnan

Oh-oh....you can also eat it in an obscene way