Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys, was at the slope this morning. wind is gusty and ended with my glider on the tree.
    Had gotton 3 bamboo poles and left it on top of the shelter roof. anyone who need it feel free. Pls place it back so other who need can make use of it....
    Thanks.

Comment

WooHoo!! Finally, I get to see my first glimpse of gliders soaring thru the air at Bedok Reservior today!

It was a happening day where one incident was extreme memorable. A big glider got stuck up in the trees. No matter how we tried, we couldn't get it down. The wing was lodged in between the branches. We tried very hard to shake the branches with a string but we couldn't get the string onto the right branch. Until the hammer comes along, then we managed to get the string up over the branches. But still no avail. Finally, "spiderman" came and climbed the tree and using a long pole poked the plane free.... Hooray!!

There was at least 11 "pilots" there today. I was there since 2pm+ and boy was it fun to sit there and watch.

Now, it makes me gian liao...
      "To cease smoking is the easiest thing I ever did. I ought to know because I've done it a thousand times." - Mark Twain

Comment

BTW, the wind was 010 degrees and about 14-15 knots at about 2-3pm. Later in the evening, I think it dropped to 11-12 but still everyone had fun... :
        "To cease smoking is the easiest thing I ever did. I ought to know because I've done it a thousand times." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by whacker View Post
          WooHoo!! Finally, I get to see my first glimpse of gliders soaring thru the air at Bedok Reservior today!

It was a happening day where one incident was extreme memorable. A big glider got stuck up in the trees. No matter how we tried, we couldn't get it down. The wing was lodged in between the branches. We tried very hard to shake the branches with a string but we couldn't get the string onto the right branch. Until the hammer comes along, then we managed to get the string up over the branches. But still no avail. Finally, "spiderman" came and climbed the tree and using a long pole poked the plane free.... Hooray!!

There was at least 11 "pilots" there today. I was there since 2pm+ and boy was it fun to sit there and watch.

Now, it makes me gian liao...

Hi Bro,
          I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but did somebody leave the long string still hanging from the branch? When we left the slope this evening, I notice the string is still there, I think it's bright green or something....we don't need the park rangers to have reasons to say that we are 'littering' the park.

Thanks!

MS

Comment

Kar Marn, we already tried our best to pull that string and lead weight down, but to no avail. It's lodged itself. In the end, we can only cut it loose.

Not intentional to leave it there!

Comment

Originally posted by Cycross View Post
              Kar Marn, we already tried our best to pull that string and lead weight down, but to no avail. It's lodged itself. In the end, we can only cut it loose.

Not intentional to leave it there!
              Thanks guys for rescuing my salto from that tall tree.

Comment

Originally posted by chiadennis View Post
                Wow ! ...glad you managed to rescue it from the tree (I haven't see it flying yet !)

...I shall not ask how it got there in the first place !
                Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
                  Wow ! ...glad you managed to rescue it from the tree (I haven't see it flying yet !)

...I shall not ask how it got there in the first place !
                  I was surprise to read from RCGroup that even the Baudis Salto have this tip stall problem. Fortunately some experience pilots posted some recommendation of how to minimize this problem.

My first maiden was very good without any incident although it does feel a touch of nose heavy. On the second flight, I added a 5gm weight on the tail. It flew better but it had a sudden tip stall wihich brought it down and broke the 10mm carbon spar. I was not able to get a 10mm solid carbon rod so had to settle for a 10mm tube with an 8mm solid rod epoxy togather.

Took it up again yesterday with some recommendation from RCGroup. Added about 1.5mm reflexs on the ailerons and removing the 5gm tail weight and mixing the ailerons and rudder. It flew very much better but I had to be on my toes for any tip stall. I mixed the airbrakes and the elevator wrongly causing the salto to dive when I click on the brakes. I had to land without any airbrakes and it just doesn't want to come down. Very stressful trying to get it down. On the forth flight, after correcting the airbrakes and elevator mixing it flew very much trim out. Caught a few thermals flew nicely. Next problem when I click on the airbrakes, bye bye roll controls. This was when the wind started to push the salto towards the tree. I click off the brakes (surprise that it didn't stall) and it landed flat on the trees.

Most fortunate part is there was totally no damage other than some dents cause by the branches. Again I must thank those guys for helping me bring down the glider
                  and also the 2 Indian guys that climbed the tree to help.

Comment

I was surprise to read from RCGroup that even the Baudis Salto have this tip stall problem. Fortunately some experience pilots posted some recommendation of how to minimize this problem.

My first maiden was very good without any incident although it does feel a touch of nose heavy. On the second flight, I added a 5gm weight on the tail. It flew better but it had a sudden tip stall wihich brought it down and broke the 10mm carbon spar. I was not able to get a 10mm solid carbon rod so had to settle for a 10mm tube with an 8mm solid rod epoxy togather.

Took it up again yesterday with some recommendation from RCGroup. Added about 1.5mm reflexs on the ailerons and removing the 5gm tail weight and mixing the ailerons and rudder. It flew very much better but I had to be on my toes for any tip stall. I mixed the airbrakes and the elevator wrongly causing the salto to dive when I click on the brakes. I had to land without any airbrakes and it just doesn't want to come down. Very stressful trying to get it down. On the forth flight, after correcting the airbrakes and elevator mixing it flew very much trim out. Caught a few thermals flew nicely. Next problem when I click on the airbrakes, bye bye roll controls. This was when the wind started to push the salto towards the tree. I click off the brakes (surprise that it didn't stall) and it landed flat on the trees.

Most fortunate part is there was totally no damage other than some dents cause by the branches. Again I must thank those guys for helping me bring down the glider
                    and also the 2 Indian guys that climbed the tree to help.

Let's see the Salto in the air again this SAT!

Comment

...now I got phobia to maiden my CMpro Discus CS
                      Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

You are welcome, bro. You're lucky that you managed to loop the tail end of the plane with the string and slowly lowered it to the ground...

Did you get blisters on your hands?

Got mine on the index finger trying to play tug-of-war with the tree...

Comment

Originally posted by whacker View Post
                          You are welcome, bro. You're lucky that you managed to loop the tail end of the plane with the string and slowly lowered it to the ground...

Did you get blisters on your hands?

Got mine on the index finger trying to play tug-of-war with the tree...
                          Yes I kana blister on my index finger. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Yes I kana blister on my index finger. Thanks for your help.
                            Aiyah, alrady said, dun mention loh. Just glad that you've gotten your plane down in 1 piece

So, when you're going flying again?

Tomolo? Flying Banana?

Comment

Plane rescue

Here're the pics of the luckiest plane rescue from the treetops.

Comment

The sun is bright n hot. The wind is strong and the direction is about right...

I'm sure there are already some bros flying there...

Wish I am there...

Comment

Working...
                                X