• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the wind?

Where is the wind!
    Where is the wind.
    Where is the wind?

I was at BR for the last 2 days for 6 hours/day. The wind is just not there. The rain however made its presence felt. Last year we were flying second week of october, now is already last week of november bh

Comment

so any mother or father nature can pridit any rain on sat or sun. well the wind seem to cum from north or from south .crist cross cause i was doing sailing .well wind doesnt affect me only rain hehecheer
      mike

Comment

Originally posted by tampines flyer View Post
        so any mother or father nature can pridit any rain on sat or sun. well the wind seem to cum from north or from south .crist cross cause i was doing sailing .well wind doesnt affect me only rain hehecheer

Hi Mike,
        If time permits, I will be trying out my Bug at the slope this weekend. I will also lookout if there are Sailors before I go up the slope to check for Radio Frequency.

I hope that I do not need to go up and down the slope when new Slopers and Sailors arrive in BR. Any suggestions?

I'm on 72.1xx, do you know of any Sailors on this Freq?

Thanks.

MS

Comment

well me on fm 30.xx.if there 72 will ask them to ckq with u guy.
          mike

Comment

Errm, ...looks like 2.4G is the way to go at BR.
            Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

ok guy how abt we create a bedok reservoir radio fq list n hp no. forum so for easy two way com.
              mike

Comment

yap bro ghostfit is rite 2.4 dont go well in water perfoamace.. well ther are other rc player around that area like car ,plane heli,so sometime i still get glitch.
                mike

Comment

Originally posted by tampines flyer View Post
                  ok guy how abt we create a bedok reservoir radio fq list n hp no. forum so for easy two way com.
                  Before you do that, there is something you should know. It'll be good, but I don't think it is a good idea to post them openly.

Comment

yap agree with u
                    mike

Comment

Freq control

Hi Pilot and Skipper

I though of a ideal, don't know will it works and of help.

The path way to the slope is aft the bird shop, then played grd then straight dwn is boating platform turn left is slope flying.

At this junction, any fixture like (lamp post, woden chair, trees or and object we indentify) made a coroplas half of A4 to indicate the frequency?

Can be magnetic or wood tag clips or blue tag or a note book or whiteboard marker (not too big that park ranger not notice of). only DH ppl aware of.

This can help for the control freq.

Any ideal can help improve freq control are welcome, do write in reply.

Comment

I was at BR from 4.00pm to 6.00pm with my Bug and Elf....and the wind condition is..........................

DEAD CALM!!

When I reached BR, I saw some people with sailboats and checked freq before proceeding up the slope. There is not even a slight breeze. Since I was there, I decide to trim both models.
                        The Bug did not perform well, but the Elf, with the new rudder had better chance of gliding. The CG was spot on and I managed to throw it out the slope and circle round and turn it a bit down the slope.

Anybody got any ideas about when the wind is coming??

NOTE: The carpark has been converted to ERP-type parking, make sure you top up your cash card if you drive.

MS

Comment

The wind was not there even aft 6.30pm

I think that freq control is bad ideal.

Abt 6.30pm I saw lot of nikko toys boats abt 3 of them don't know what frequency, because theose ppl playing are outsider (not from DH), - means any ppl with toy boat can be played (kids there playing). What freq also don't know.

MSC brought 3 nice glider which I got no chance to see...

Saw dabiddo too... great double steer AX10 crawler up the stairs and running fast on ground.

I was very busy tuning my sail boat (alot of bit and bit to pull and release)

Randomtask was there with his lovely boy, he will be future RC pilots as he seem to know how to moves the joy sticks and cheers when complete the moves.

Nice weather with sun but not much wind for plane.

Comment

Hi Philip, sorry, I had to go before you had the chance to see the Bug.
                            Please SMS me the next time you are there and wind is blowing, thanks!

Comment

This morning 1st Dec 2008! wind seem to be steady blowing finally. Reading 330 to 020 steady 3 kts gustibg 5 kts for the pass half hour consistent.

Comment

i flew the DLG at 10.45 today. superb !

Comment

Working...
                                X