Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sunstorm
    Arrgh, too bad I poisoned late but it's a good thing, good for my wallet....

There's always next season... just get your stuff early.

Cheers
    Adnan
    Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
    ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
    Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

I'll just spend on the electric versions and practice thermals riding!
      "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Dont despair..there is still hope...there is a weather system over south east asia. This can cause the wind to be abnormal. The same system is dumping all the rain it gathered from South China Sea...hence the very heavy rain.

Also the ITCZ is moving up and down across singapore due to changing season, this brings rain between 200 to 400nm range. So as long as there is rain, there is still hope, if the rain stop for extended period and the wind blow from south westerly, than that would mark the end for this season. Dont pack the gliders away just yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
          Looks like the South West Monsoon is winning

...Oh well, anyone interested in flatland Hi-start or Winch launch TD flying ?
          I think we glider types should find somewhere suitable to fly thermal while waiting for the next NE monsoon !

Guys, Francis, our talented machinist, is designing and building a electric winch. Obvoiusly it will be quite costly since he will be machining most of the parts himself. I am sure if it is a success, it would greatly enhance glider activities during bedok R. off season. As such any contribution in terms of design drawings, spare cables, car batts or anything useful would be welcomed, I am sure. I am donating a electric motor from my old car starter. Hopefully this would be the start of a glider winch group.

something like the following thread,

Any suggestion where would be good place to try winching up gliders?

Comment

Looks like the South West Monsoon is winning

...Oh well, anyone interested in flatland Hi-start or Winch launch TD flying ?
            I think we glider types should find somewhere suitable to fly thermal while waiting for the next NE monsoon !
            How about aero-towe at Ave 5? That place got thermal on hot days one leh. Those SS and some other light flier cut their prop when they catch thermal at high altitude. Planes also can, gliders confirm can also. Best candidate to try out is the EPP Fox.
            sigpic
            FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

Originally posted by Vortices
              Any suggestion where would be good place to try winching up gliders?
              Great ! ...donkeys years ago(Circa 1980), we use to launch our gliders (ala Hi starts style) at Tuas (Where the Golf course used to be)
              The group sorta lost interests after the guy with the launching equipment got married and MIA.

We need a big flat field and Woodland ave 12 comes to mind, but there are so many "other" types of flyers there on a typical sunday, freq clash will be a real PITA.
              I've been eyeing a big open field around Tampines (pretty close to BR) and will scout around there to see if it's suitable.

Wow, if we can winch launch, it'll open up a whole new difference perspective for us glider types ...TD and F3B events and contests would be possible.

Just got myself a GP Fling 2m for practices ...now eyeing the Ava or the Bubble Dancer ...Heck ! ...maybe blow the bonus and get a Supra
              Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Tony, u just bot the Fling?

Comment

Its a very very nice bird to fly. But be extra careful with the tail section. It breaks eazily.

sigpic
                  FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

G

Wow, if we can winch launch, it'll open up a whole new difference perspective for us glider types ...TD and F3B events and contests would be possible.

Just got myself a GP Fling 2m for practices ...now eyeing the Ava or the Bubble Dancer ...Heck ! ...maybe blow the bonus and get a Supra
                    Hi Ghostfit,

Get the Supra, super cool flyer, anyway, the AVA is also real nice, also got myself one. I too been thinking to get a winch for my Glider. It will be a whole different ball game to fly high and soar into the clouds without power.

Wally aka James

Comment

Yo, nice bit on the Fling. Do you use it with a high start? Is it included?

!
                      "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Wally
                        Get the Supra, super cool flyer, anyway, the AVA is also real nice, also got myself one.
                        Hi James, ...really tempted with the Supra but then my babies will have to go without milk powder ...fatherly duties comes first
                        ...well maybe can consider the Polecat Thermal Dancer instead.

Originally posted by ammo
                        Tony, u just bot the Fling?
                        Was window shopping at NTC and in a fit of "Slope soaring withdrawal sickness", went and brought a GP Fling, GP Spirit Elite ARF, Talon kit and I believe the very last box of Sophisticated Lady kit in Singapore.
                        Darn ! ...gliders are bruddy addictive !

Originally posted by Sunstorm
                        Yo, nice bit on the Fling. Do you use it with a high start? Is it included?
                        !
                        No the High start is NOT included, the Fling however is much better on closer examination than I first expected, it's pretty light for an 2m HLG and the finishing is reasonable for the price - S$160
                        Now all I need is a small or standard Hi start and we can enjoy some TD at PFW

Originally posted by Raven
                        Its a very very nice bird to fly. But be extra careful with the tail section. It breaks eazily.
                        Thanks for the heads up ...I've read up on this and the remedy for it at RCG ...seems like mixed opinions among the users there.

Comment

Tony, i have a small histart that i bought from ntc a while back, specs it's for a 2m sailplane. Let me know when your fling is ready, i'll bring it over to pfw one day and we'll see if it works well enough to pull the bird up

Comment

Okay, will work on this right away ! ...this coming Sunday you free ?

I was looking at ordering either a Pinnacle Hi-start (Standard) or a Hose Monster

Starting with a small Hi Start is good !

Comment

Sunday morning should be ok, saturday is a bit rush

Comment

Tony,

I tried ordering the Pinnacle Hi-start from NSP but they just called and inform that it was out-of-stock, last year. The story just end there. Looks like they are not interested in doing business with Singaporean.

Try other sources instead.

Anyway, my Nutmeg is ready for hi-start but I'm working on this coming Sunday. You guys have fun.

Ken,

Bring your hi-start on the BBQ day if you can. I'll love to see a bunch of people launching thier gliders there.
                                Last edited by joe yap; 28-03-2008, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X