Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe yap
    Kevin, you got bigger tug?

Yup, but not built yet. Its an ARF though, so wont take long. Its a decathelon with os fs 120 sIII. Should be able to tow up to 3m comfortably and 4m carefully.

Also just ordered a retract for the 4m.

Comment

wind was GOOD today .... was there at 10 . There were white horses on the water
      Helis
      Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

Oh yea... pretty gd weather this wkends .. Im sure u enjoyed it
        What do u mean by white horses?

Originally posted by Heli_fanatic
        wind was GOOD today .... was there at 10 . There were white horses on the water
        Heli:
        . Quick Japan EP8 EX (A30-8XL+CC60+Gy401)
        . Raptor 50 Titan (OS50+522+CarbSmart+Gy611)
        . Trex 600 EP (1512/3D+CC110HV+DS760 w/8900)
        . Trex 600 N (RL53+523+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900)
        . B/W Stratus (OS91 SZ+MP5+ATG+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900+8717)

Plane:
        . Ok Model Medallion
        . E*Star Storch
        . ElectriFly S.E.5a
        . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Tx: JR 9XII

Photo toy
        . Canon 7D & 500D
        . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
        . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
        . Canon 85mm f1.8
        . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

due to the wind
          Helis
          Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

Monday 3/3/08, 11 am, raining now with dark horizon....

Comment

gone today

once it rain, should be hopeless for the day.

Comment

Joe just maiden his P B-4. apparently the wind is great but no sun and hazy. The rain has stopped and wind seems good still , however very hazy

Comment

I've heard enough from our so-called local Wind Nostradamuses, and choose to ignore their baseless predictions. Went down just now at 1340 to 1530 and had a great time flying my Pilatus B-4 for 4 rounds of 10min+ flights, to test and fine tuning the CG and flight controls.

As far as I can remember, if it is still in the season, the winds will be starting to blow again in about and hour after the local storm system is neutralised. If the season is over or yet to arrive, you get almost nothing.

For me, I look at Wind guru's predictions, and compare them with the MSS hourly wind report to verify before commiting myself to go to the slope.

Comment

so, can we expect a final report for the pilatus Build thread?

Originally posted by joe yap
                    I've heard enough from our so-called local Wind Nostradamuses, and choose to ignore their baseless predictions. Went down just now at 1340 to 1530 and had a great time flying my Pilatus B-4 for 4 rounds of 10min+ flights, to test and fine tuning the CG and flight controls.

As far as I can remember, if it is still in the season, the winds will be starting to blow again in about and hour after the local storm system is neutralised. If the season is over or yet to arrive, you get almost nothing.

For me, I look at Wind guru's predictions, and compare them with the MSS hourly wind report to verify before commiting myself to go to the slope.

Comment

Wind is blowing....a little haze is hiding the sun.

Comment

Hi you going today?

Comment

Sorry, was going to, had all the things ready, but looking out form my window, was put off 5 times by the dark clouds. The ehawk repair should be quite straight fwd. Just splice in a piece of hard wood of the same dimension adjacent to the fracture area. Smallest cut possible so can just tape up afterwards...

Comment

Its raining again. Looks like a long drawn out day again. Days like this make me feel like flying indoor....will continue to work on the Foxy lady..

Comment

Just when Johnnie Wong declared the end of the season last week at Sedili, the resort owner re-declared the season re-opened again.

Today's wind at BR doesn't look like it is near the end yet. The wind was howling and pretty turbulent but it brought it quite a bit of thermals along its way. My Pilatus B-4 breath air for the second time today and had a few thermal rides high up in the sky before attempting some stunts. Today's turnout is quite good with about 10+ models total and I really hope the winds were to hang on for anothe few weeks to come.

At the meantime, we are monitoring the trend and we might be heading for Sedili on the coming weekends if the winds hold on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazon
                                i placed an order for 1x10knots wind in NE direction + extra thermals.

But stocks running low liao, may get it over the weekend if we are lucky, else new stocks will only arrive in 10months time.
                                yeah. woo hoo my order arrived today. fly fly fly while stocks last.
                                what's next?

Comment

Working...
                                X