• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RealFlight Generation 3.5 released

I just received this mailer.....

-------------------

RealFlight Generation 3.5 Newsletter-

Welcome to this edition of the RealFlight. Update. This online publication offers tips to enhance your RealFlight experience, brings you up-to-date on RealFlight's latest builds and keeps you in-tune with new and forthcoming releases from the RealFlight team.

In this issue:

Are you piloting the latest version? Not yet you aren't.
    RealFlight has created another update, this one much different than anything else you have ever seen.

Available late October, RealFlight Generation 3.5 is the newest update available for the #1 flight simulator in the industry--RealFlight. With update 3.5, you will increase your simulator experience to a whole new level.

What new features are available in G3.5?

1.) Night Flying! You asked for it, you got it! RealFlight Generation 3.5 offers a virtual world filled with images and vividly detailed flying environments. With RealFlight G3.5, you can fly by the neon light of your own aircraft and orient by the lights on the field below.

2.) Unrivaled Physics! The RealPhysics 3D performance has been redefined even further, making this the best physics available to date. G3.5 brings you the performance of variable pitch props and other new refinements.

3.) New Aircraft! RealFlight G3.5 will have some of the latest aircraft available on the market. New aircraft
    include: Electrifly Flatouts Extra 300S, Flyzone Sky Fly, Flyzone Cessna 182, Hobbico ElectriStar Trainer, Heli-Max Axe EZ, and Heli-Max Axe CP.

4.) New Flying Sites! You'll enjoy a variety of new 3D sites and Photofields in this update as well. Fly at night at the carnival, Flight School, Obstacle Course, and Grass Flatlands. Compete versus others at the Air Race Stadium.
    Fly at the famous Waco field, home of the 2006 Futaba XFC competition.

5.) New Training Aids. In G3 we gave you Visual Flight Instruction. In G3.5, you will get more of the same plus three new training aids for airplanes and helis. Discover the easy way to learn how to hover by using the Airplane and Heli Hover Training. Play follow the leader with the Helicopter Orientation Trainer. Successfully matching the "ghost heli" will advance you to the next level.

6.) Responsive objects, streamers, multiplayer collisions, plus much, much more!

How do I get RealFlight G3.5?

When it is released, there will be three ways that you can get the new update for the #1 flight simulator in the
    industry:

1.) Free download! If you own G3, it will be available as a free upgrade to install at www.realflight.com.

Also available using the G3 Launcher:

To update to the latest version using the G3 Launcher, click on the RealFlight G3 Launcher. Next, click the Additional Options button followed by the Registration/Updates button. Make sure that you have a valid Internet connection and then click the Update to Latest Version button. The necessary files will automatically be updated for you.

2.) Upgrade disk. If you own G3 and want to upgrade via CD-ROM, this will be available for purchase at a very reasonable amount.

3.) New software. G3.5 will also be available at your local hobby shop as a stand-alone purchase. Despite the fact that it offers more features and functionality than ever before, the price will remain the same as G3!

More information, screen shots, and videos will be available soon on the RealFlight web site at www.realflight.com. Watch the site closely as updated information becomes available.

For technical support, please contact our Product Support team at: rfsupport@greatplanes.com.

Great Planes Model Manufacturers
    P.O. Box 788
    Urbana, IL 61801
    huh

Check out the video

http://video1.hobbico.com/gallery/gp...406-deluxe.mpg
    huh

Comment

I may be wrong but I think the update will only be available late Oct... Anyway, I will be waiting patiently for this update to start hover training on the heli.. which was sadly missing from G3..

Comment

Looks interesting...night flying stuff.
        Heli
        Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
        Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
        Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
        Buggy
        Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
        Charger : Tahmazo T15
        Balancer : TP205
        Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

Originally posted by clai
          I may be wrong but I think the update will only be available late Oct... Anyway, I will be waiting patiently for this update to start hover training on the heli.. which was sadly missing from G3..

yup.. just tried... not available yet
          huh

Comment

Originally posted by nic
            Physics really amazing!!
            comparable to moden AAA rated games
            Heli:
            . Quick Japan EP8 EX (A30-8XL+CC60+Gy401)
            . Raptor 50 Titan (OS50+522+CarbSmart+Gy611)
            . Trex 600 EP (1512/3D+CC110HV+DS760 w/8900)
            . Trex 600 N (RL53+523+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900)
            . B/W Stratus (OS91 SZ+MP5+ATG+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900+8717)

Plane:
            . Ok Model Medallion
            . E*Star Storch
            . ElectriFly S.E.5a
            . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Tx: JR 9XII

Photo toy
            . Canon 7D & 500D
            . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
            . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
            . Canon 85mm f1.8
            . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

hey have anybody tried the hover training for planes yet ??

i tried but it seems to be giving me the throttle on the left i using the throttle one the right i forgot what the modes ahh la
              *^(HOKAGE PHOENIX)^*
              Coming soon:
              f-18 ?
              TEMASEK POLYTECHNIC (AMIG)

Comment

yar.. it is a reported bug at the G3 manufacturer's forum.. the "trainers" don't follow your channel setting... and is fixed to a single mode....
                huh

Comment

Just to side track a bit. if the tx is in mode 2. can it be changed into mode 1? would this change affects the tx?
                  Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter
                  JR Vibe 50: 01
                  Trex600N Pro: 01
                  Kasama Srimok 90: 01
                  TT Raptor 50: 10
                  TT Raptor 90 3D: 01
                  MA Fury 55: 01

(Latest Crash Dated 29 April 2012) Total: 15

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TmMugen
                    Just to side track a bit. if the tx is in mode 2. can it be changed into mode 1? would this change affects the tx?
                    All you need to do is to change the settings under 'channel mapping' and open up the dummy tx and swap the spring and throttle ratchet
                    Don't PCW

Beam E4
                    Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
                    Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

so you think it is ok to do that? one of my frd say better not because it will damaged the tx.
                      Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter
                      JR Vibe 50: 01
                      Trex600N Pro: 01
                      Kasama Srimok 90: 01
                      TT Raptor 50: 10
                      TT Raptor 90 3D: 01
                      MA Fury 55: 01

(Latest Crash Dated 29 April 2012) Total: 15

sigpic

Comment

The only damage I can think of are the thin wires when doing the change. If not careful or do not placed it well, you may snipped the wires.

But still it's not a difficult job. Mine was changed and did not have any problem.

Comment

actually...another simpler way which i used before was to swap the aileron and rudder channels, and also reverse the throttle and elevator channels.
                          Hold the tx upside down
                          Don't PCW

Beam E4
                          Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
                          Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

G3 -> G3.5 Weird Mappings

Hi all,

Just wanna check with you guys, I updated G3 to G3.5 RealFlight3_50_033.exe but somehow I notice that the channel mappings doesn't stay correctly? Eg. I change the mappings, close the mapping window, my input was different from what I set. Then when I return back to the mapping window, I saw a different axis mappings. Anyone encountering this? Ideas to fix it?

Thanks...
                            Current BlinkĀ²:
                            Trex-600N: TTRL53H/H#523/CarbSmart/CYATGv3-Gview/JR770T
                            Beam-E4: SC-8/13T/SC-55A/LT2100T

History BlinkĀ²:
                            Belt-CP
                            Walkera-#60

"Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory."
                            Nate Waddoups

Comment

Working...
                            X