Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close Call - Safety First

Today had 2 close call with plane accident from 1 flyer.

I was squatting under a tree when he came in for landing the plane suddenly turned and came towards me. Instant response was to SIAM and thank goodness the tree was there to block it. Well he nonchalantly just pick up his plane without apologising. FINE.

Second time round, he flew again. I wasnt anywhere near him but at the pit area with some flyers and wasnt paying much attention to his plane. Suddenly, i heard something and instant response was to turn and saw the same plane came at full speed and crash into me. Well nearly, as i was standing behind my friends car with his boot opened, the car took the impact and block the plane from hitting me. Again he didnt apologise to me after which he left after having apologised to my friend about crashing into his car.

I think everyone has to be responsible and cautious when you fly your plane. No doubt you can be very confident about your skill, but it doesnt mean accident wont happen. If you want to fly dangerously low, dont do it near or over the pit area when fellow flyers are. Yes when your plane crashed you can have it repaired, property damaged you can compensate BUT when a life is lost, theres no way you can ever compensate.

With this incident, I just hope that everyone will be very conscious of your own action and keep in mind not to fly over peoples head, fly over or near pit area. Please spare a thought for other flyers too.

where did this happen?
    TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

inside ponggol reclaim land

Comment

maybe you should give a description of the person, so we can all take precautions.

Comment

Sorry but hijack this thread to highlight another matter.

Of late, the authorities have been coming by to WL flying site due to complaints of close flying to the airbase and the hdb flats. This usually happens on weekdays including saturdays.

It appears that the reasons are due to the height of flight (line of sight to the con tower) and also noise related. Prior to a particular incident, there was a nitro plane flyer stunting on the side of the airbase, over the road area, low passing behind the usual flyers stand line. The flyer left before the authorities came by. The rest bore the brunt instead.

The airbase is pretty sensitive over infringement of airspace due to security and safety concerns. The point here is please be considerate and help share and maintain the flyability of the site.

It will only be in our best interest to preserve the status of the paved flying site as much as possible.

Last but not least, please refrain from flying behind the usual flightline. It is scary for us to constantly fear a plane, especially a hot nitro, coming in at speed at our backs.

Thank you for your consideration.

my two cents.

Comment

I dont think such care-less flyers should be tolerate by us.
            We should expose them within all hobby sites before inviting the authorities. If they want to be a dangerous flyers, go somewhere else where they can rip, crash and hurt themselves. Stay away from genuine flyers who still want this hobby to grow.

Dont play dangerously, killed someone and regret for the rest of your life...
            Roll call from hanger
            -Kyosho, STRATUS 1600 Glider
            -JH Spitfire-25 size (no 2.)
            -Cap 232-15 size
            -GWS P51 Mustang EP, from a nice DH flyer
            -Dualsky Breeze PRO

Kissed the ground...

-Scanner
            -JH Spitfire-25 size (no 1.)

Frequency

-Spektrum, DX7

Comment