Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New comer's rule?

Hi all

Went to woodland field yesterday at about 4pm to maiden one of my plane, saw a group of heli flyers, not my usual hours so don’t know anyone there.

Concern about frequency clash I waited for all plane to land before start flying, not a very successful one but not so bad either.

After that a flyer from the group approached me and said, “You are new here so you should check with every flyer of their frequency, if they clash their heli bcos of you, you’ll have to pay. He also said the last time a new comer did that he had to run away bfor they can grab him.

Usually I was approach and ask about my frequency by season flyers cos most are very friendly and ready to help, but this round I feel like I was caught in a turf war.

Is there such a rule for new comer in the field?
    Lonely flyer

Hi Hugh Lim,

Firstly welcome onboard. No lah, there is some mis understanding on the term "new"

Checking of frequency applys to all flyer be him a seasoned / newbie. They probably referring to who come to the field first.

Many flyers "usual" practice is :- those come later at a site will have to verify freq with those who are already there, there is not differentiation between old bird and newbie.

My suggestion to you is whenever you see another group / person who own a RC stuff at site, take the trouble to check with them their freq. You never know, a lot of times we make friends in this maner.

Enjoy

Mike

Comment

concur with mike...a little trouble for a frequency check saves a lot in the day
      TREX 500 ESP
      Futaba T12FGH

Comment

to add to what HZM and ART said.
        Be it a newbie or seasoned flyer, upon arrival at the flying field, its your responsibility to go around clearing your own frequency and not wait for others to approach you to check yours

Comment

This is very true, whenever you go to a flying a site, it is your responsibility to check with others who are there before you on their frequency. Be polite and never ask them for their frequency when you approach them, instead you should tell them yours, let them verify that all is clear. It is also not polite to shout out your frequency hoping that others will hear, the person may already have his plane/heli in the air and concentrating on flying to hear you shouting out your freqency to answer you.

Comment

Thanks guys, will know what to do nest time.
            Lonely flyer

Comment

Originally posted by Curare
              This is very true, whenever you go to a flying a site, it is your responsibility to check with others who are there before you on their frequency. Be polite and never ask them for their frequency when you approach them, instead you should tell them yours, let them verify that all is clear. It is also not polite to shout out your frequency hoping that others will hear, the person may already have his plane/heli in the air and concentrating on flying to hear you shouting out your freqency to answer you.
              but its definitely alright if that person shouts back his frequency when he's flying.. cause they tend to concentrate and not watch their voices

Which character are you test by

Comment

I will make this thread a sticky for new comers to refer to...remember that it's the responsibility of the new guy at the field to go around clearing frequencies with the other guys.

Thanks to avolites2004 for the suggestion of making this a sticky
                TREX 500 ESP
                Futaba T12FGH

Comment

This shld be a 'First-come-first-fly' rule. Whoever that reached the site first will have the piority to fly first, be it you are new-bie, old-bie, ah-bie, bee-bee or wanna-bie... Next group of flyers shld come to you to ask ur freq b4 they turn on their TX.
                  I personally experienced once in a local flying field. I reached the site as early as 7am, knowing that nobody will be there on a weekday, I started flying my plane alone. In abt half an hr, a grp of flyers walk in and I knw that they r regular there bcoz from the things they bring and the best spot they set up the chairs n gears. One of them then walk 2 me n ask my freq. I told him and he said 'ok, no clash'. I then stop my flying immediately knowing that I am in their spot. The same guy then came to me again and said "dont worry lah bro, u come first mah, so u fly first even there is no clash in freq. there's nothing to do with 'lau-jiao' 'sin-jiao' or watever 'jiao' u call it", "this is our usual spot but doesnt mean that we hv piority. go go go n fly..."
                  I thk its a international rule that whoever comes into a flying site, have the etiquette to ask first b4 u turn on ur radio...
                  Roll call from hanger
                  -Kyosho, STRATUS 1600 Glider
                  -JH Spitfire-25 size (no 2.)
                  -Cap 232-15 size
                  -GWS P51 Mustang EP, from a nice DH flyer
                  -Dualsky Breeze PRO

Kissed the ground...

-Scanner
                  -JH Spitfire-25 size (no 1.)

Frequency

-Spektrum, DX7

Comment

I concur...first come first fly....whoever comes next will go around to clear frequency
                    TREX 500 ESP
                    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Originally posted by Art
                      I concur...first come first fly....whoever comes next will go around to clear frequency
                      Roll call from hanger
                      -Kyosho, STRATUS 1600 Glider
                      -JH Spitfire-25 size (no 2.)
                      -Cap 232-15 size
                      -GWS P51 Mustang EP, from a nice DH flyer
                      -Dualsky Breeze PRO

Kissed the ground...

-Scanner
                      -JH Spitfire-25 size (no 1.)

Frequency

-Spektrum, DX7

Comment

must print a t Shirt with my freq on it..big big...lol...

jk...

yeah ...need to go around to ask be it new or old bird....better be safe ....else if ne of the heli or plane freq clash....we might see the plane/heli ending up onto some passing vehicle ...which we do not want...
                        Heli
                        * OS46- ... and doing simple figure 8 and nose in... want to venture to loops...
                        Thanks to all old birds from Daddyhobby
                        Car
                        *Hyper 8 RTR
                        Tank
                        *HenLong M1A1
                        Mini Monster Truck

Comment

Originally posted by eleewhm
                          must print a t Shirt with my freq on it..big big...lol...

jk...

yeah ...need to go around to ask be it new or old bird....better be safe ....else if ne of the heli or plane freq clash....we might see the plane/heli ending up onto some passing vehicle ...which we do not want...
                          mb sometimes even worse, fly towards people. Espically if those people flying 90 size bird, waa the blades are so dam big and engine so dam powerful. Onces Feq clash, and fly towads people, that person might die
                          [B]Kenny[/B]

Goblin 700 | Goblin 500 | Compass 6HV

Unthinkable, unimaginable, incredible, beyond conception and beyond the bounds of possibility!

Comment

Working...
                          X