This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mave
    wherever anyone fly, there is always some risk/danger.
    To public.. to spectators, and even to fellow flyers.

I have experience a few close shaves of planes/heli coming right at me, at various fields.

To fly a plane/heli when the full scales are on landing approach is a no-no. No matter how low you fly.. you will never know if just at that moment (tough luck) your electronics mild function, went haywire and decide to go autopilot to the big brothers....

It doesn't take a lot to land our planes and stop for 5 minutes.

The key words are: fly safe, fly responsibily.
    huh

Comment

Hello Mr Nic, I was the one who "REFUSED" to land the plane as you had put it in the other thread. I need to clarify some points:

1. I am not an experienced flyer. It's my 2nd low wing plane and the 4th or so sortie on it.

2. I didn't intentional kept on flying. I was nervously thinking which way to land and wonder which way the chinook was coming from. I am definitely not trying to be a cowboy showoff. When was finally lining up for the downwind, the chinook was already overhead.

3. I didn't hear you shout at all..(def not since the chinook's engine was roaring me concentrating).

I wanted to ignore this thread but seems like a lot of "salt and pepper" is being added because you are assuming a lot of things. If you had walked up to me that day and asked me, I would have explained to you what I was thinking and apologised and even ask for some tips from you about such situations. If you did that, this thread might not have started in the first place. But what you did was to sneak home and inform "big brother Lyon" about it and ask him to start this thread.

You then started to add "salt n pepper" and talked about responsibility and my refusal to land.

If you had approached me, this thread might have become "should inexperienced flyers fly on weekdays?" However, such things can happen to experienced flyers as well. But at least it won't make an ASS out of U & ME.

I don't know what your intention is, as a JW "CORE" member, by adding untruths to this thread and going on and on about it. But it is definitely not, as Mave put it, "a gentle reminder" and "keeping flyers at the field" . I feel that it is very hostile and unfriendly and patronising.

Comment

Originally posted by shoan99
        Hello Mr Nic, I was the one who "REFUSED" to land the plane as you had put it in the other thread. I need to clarify some points:

1. I am not an experienced flyer. It's my 2nd low wing plane and the 4th or so sortie on it.

2. I didn't intentional kept on flying. I was nervously thinking which way to land and wonder which way the chinook was coming from. I am definitely not trying to be a cowboy showoff. When was finally lining up for the downwind, the chinook was already overhead.

3. I didn't hear you shout at all..(def not since the chinook's engine was roaring me concentrating).

I wanted to ignore this thread but seems like a lot of "salt and pepper" is being added because you are assuming a lot of things. If you had walked up to me that day and asked me, I would have explained to you what I was thinking and apologised and even ask for some tips from you about such situations. If you did that, this thread might not have started in the first place. But what you did was to sneak home and inform "big brother Lyon" about it and ask him to start this thread.

You then started to add "salt n pepper" and talked about responsibility and my refusal to land.

If you had approached me, this thread might have become "should inexperienced flyers fly on weekdays?" However, such things can happen to experienced flyers as well. But at least it won't make an ASS out of U & ME.

I don't know what your intention is, as a JW "CORE" member, by adding untruths to this thread and going on and on about it. But it is definitely not, as Mave put it, "a gentle reminder" and "keeping flyers at the field" . I feel that it is very hostile and unfriendly and patronising.
        BTW, don't forget there were at least 3 other planes trying to land at that time, adding to the difficult situation. I am definitely not a cowboy.

Comment

BTW, don't forget there were at least 3 other planes trying to land at that time, adding to the difficult situation. I am definitely not a cowboy.
          Sorry, but mine wasn't in the air at that time. I had already crash-landed.

Comment

First and foremost.. I want to apologise to you for creating such unhappiness. In no way I have intention to point any finger any anyone, but just to quote a example.

The correct way it to land it.. the field is huge... no matter how far awaym just level your wings and land...

From the way you handed your plane.. Already very good already.

That explains. But at least.. hear the heli that loud.. land.

What salt and pepper? What I posted were not aiming at you, but just stating that in general we should fly responsibly.

Those are in reponse to people who try to say we should all stop flying at JW etc etc, which I find is an over-reaction.

just fly carefully.
            huh

Comment

Ok thanks for the tips I'll keep them in mind and be extra careful

Comment

It is all misunderstandings and concernings.

No hard feeling. Good to see ppl standup and explain (dont like to use the word "admit". make ppl feel guilty). And this show the responsibility of the suspected flyer. They did not do it purposely. Good!

Now, this thread is getting too long and I think most flyers have gotten the points - Fly with responsibility. Let move on, guys!

Anybody knows when will the F4U corsair coming in? Shadow, was it you getting them in?

Comment

okay guys, I think shoan99 had make himself clear on the situation that day. I believe some season flyer might panic seeing the arrival of a low flying aircraft let alone a beginner. When I dive my glider whenever an aircraft appraoch is no fun, its so difficult to control given the orientation and speed. Perhaps, next time ppl can look out for each other and prompt flyer loudly when an aircraft approach, be it weekday or weeekend. Its definitely a misunderstanding

Mike

Comment

On the way, hopefully by end next week.

Comment

Yup, I agree. You watch my back, I watch yours. That's the spirit!
                      I was there this evening around 6pm. No low flying aircarft, but plenty of sunshine. So, let's learn from this episode, and get out there and feel the sunshine!

Comment

Gentlemen I believe the point are clear and also lessons have learned, especially for me. We have to be sensitive and respect each other. A simple miss understanding can lead to an unnecessary disagreement. I here by apologies for any inconvenience caused. As my initial objective is to bring out the awareness of safety at the field, and never aspects it to turn to an aggressive discussion.

Then again on the positive side, its good to know fellow flyers are able to open up for suggestions and positive feedback. To put issue out on the table for discussion and close with difference being iron out. Is not easy in a public forum

Would like to use this opportunity to thank all members that have bring forward their constructive feedback. It helps to future improve the common understanding of fellow flyers at the field.

At the same time, like to bring out a important point, I am not the “Big Brother of JW field”. I am just like everyone else on the field a weekend flyer who try to enjoy the hobby, but a little extra trying to help to make the field a better place for everybody. I am open to feedback if anybody found I am over doing it.

Lets put a closure to the chapter and mover on to a better tomorrow and enjoy the hobby to the full .

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                        X