Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering giving web space for DH members

With the collection of ad fee from some LHS as well as online seller, I am considering giving out web space free to selected DH members.

I do see quite a number of them post building thread and as well as uploading of video file and express difficulty in size of the file posted. The main purpose of the space will probably ease them the trouble posting elsewhere and linking it here, some of them might not be able to provide direct linkage. The space on generally will be used to hold image file bigger then 200kb which is the new revised quota for jpg extension and also video file which usually range from 5mb-15mb. I am looking at around 20mb for selected members.

Lets hear what you guys think. Let me know if you think 20mb is too little, I will need to discuss w host

Mike

You've got my vote!

Hopefully DH will be as good (or even better) than rcuniverse some day!!
    huh

Comment

two thumbs up from me

Comment

more space !!! More space!! More space!!!!

Bigger Picture Upload!! Bigger Picture Upload!! Bigger Picture Upload!!

Thanks
        Super-Hornet

Comment

Yup, thats a good idea. With personal FTP and Site. However, bandwidth and diskspace usage is going to shoot up many folds But i'm sure your host will be ok with it

Comment

Great bigger pictures and better video files.

VinCopter
            Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Good for building threads to post big and clear pics

Comment

Hehe.. I go for more picture than bigger pics....

big prob for folks using narrow bandwidth.. wait very long, too frustrating to view. (Also.. if use handhelds.. screen too small and too expensive to download...)
                huh

Comment

me too more space more space so can post nicer photo
                  [B]Kenny[/B]

Goblin 700 | Goblin 500 | Compass 6HV

Unthinkable, unimaginable, incredible, beyond conception and beyond the bounds of possibility!

Comment

Originally posted by genexis
                    Yup, thats a good idea. With personal FTP and Site. However, bandwidth and diskspace usage is going to shoot up many folds But i'm sure your host will be ok with it

if the host not happy then we just change loh...

:na
                    TREX 500 ESP
                    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

That's Wonderful Mike, Great!

I think 20mb video file is more than sufficient. When i edit video i also don't want the video to be too long-winded, i also get bored watching a video that's more than 10 minutes or longer, not to mention other people, of course unless the video is really interesting to watch

Two thumbs Up Man!

Comment

later to react but found it especially good for building and video thread. May be we can increase the limited number of pic per reply for this type of thread. So we need not to repeat many reply post for multi step building thread.

Just my 2 cents, thanks Mike for the on going improvement of DH

Comment

personal ftp is hard to police and easy to be abused... careful..
                          huh

Comment

ahh .. installing a gallery will be a better idea Something that integrates the forum login with the gallery

Comment

testing

Comment

Working...
                              X