Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote control kite

Hi Hi...... I just wanna know Who invented the first remote control kite? name it as Firefly????????? " A" said is his , " G" said is his and " T" is his. Everyone has they story... A_ll C_opy E_xemple. Is a same story.....

Just K..P....Only lah

Doesn't really matter who invented it, most important is reasonable price and fly well

Comment

Originally posted by smith
      Hi Hi...... I just wanna know Who invented the first remote control kite? name it as Firefly????????? " A" said is his , " G" said is his and " T" is his. Everyone has they story... A_ll C_opy E_xemple. Is a same story.....

Just K..P....Only lah
      okie bro here it is! none of the things you've stated belongs to any of them....
      they dont own the word invented here! they only improvised the structure and dimension of the IFO which is design in US by Wild Rc.
      + i ` k a l +

Transmitter
      p c m 9 x
      RC Kite
      S c o r p i o n
      A L P H A B a b y
      Ice cream prototype

Comment

Hi..yo.. call me sis thank you.. I have both of them IFO and Firefly. The idea is there but set up and perform is different. PRO 3 much more easy to maintenance and replace parts. I can do it myself don't need a guy to me. We have about 8 new lady flyer here. everyone can easy take off for the first flight. The different is there....

Comment

I think this topic of "who is the inventor of IFO" was circulating around for quite awhile since the news article of THH was printed beginning of the year. Most hobbists who either have or doesn't have, an IFO/ Firefly/ Pro 3 or whatever you call it, put in their views on the 3 key person.

That Hobby Shop: Mr Chris
          Ace Hobby: Mr William
          Go Fly Kite: Mr Michael

I did my homework by visiting all these 3 shops and this is my personal point of view.
          All 3 of them did work together before and the main person is Mr Michael. Joining and splitting of partnership between these 3 person started years ago, and finally each of them comes out with their own shop, own configrations and own designs. All of them have their own different price tags on the different transmitter of your preference. The only item you can relate is the design of the kite. THS selling 'Firefly', AH selling 'Firefly' and GFK selling 'Pro 3'. Both THS and AH are selling, the almost similar design, 'Firefly' just that the configuration is different. But when I went over to Mr Michael's shop at Riverside months ago, he showed me the different designs that he had done before with a few that were dated as early as 2001. 'Firefly' was also pinned up on the wall as a piece of history. So who is the so call 'inventor'? What I can say is none of the above...
          The media had put words into their mouth by printing the word 'inventor' on articles hence creating this big hu-ha. Putting article write-up which doesn't relate with the picture. This is another sad thing that they had done. All 3 are re-designer and engineer by chance. And individually came out with their own different configurations and only the body, or kite, you will see similarity. Both THS and AH using the 'Firefly' body as their beginner kit set. As for GFK, Pro 3 is their latest design and currently also have some other different shape and size kites in their list.
          I personally end up having 3 different kites from the 3 different builders and I must be honest here, Mr Michael's Pro 3 basic kit indeed can do better maneuver then the 'Firefly'. And its definitely more easier to master the skills of flying compare to the basic 'Firefly' compo.
          I am totally a newbie in this hobby, or I should say more for my son, able to build confident in flying this RC kite will be the selling point of the product. As a service orientated business man, customer service is always my first piority.
          Whether who is the inventor or creator of this RC kite that should not be the main issue now. Creating the awareness and building educational aspect of this hobby to the public is what we must focus on. I must also congratulate to AH flyers who flew in the NDP and GFK who did it for NDP Marina South Carnival, both group bring this RC kite to our national level

Keep it up...

Comment

Originally posted by smith
            Hi..yo.. call me sis thank you.. I have both of them IFO and Firefly. The idea is there but set up and perform is different. PRO 3 much more easy to maintenance and replace parts. I can do it myself don't need a guy to me. We have about 8 new lady flyer here. everyone can easy take off for the first flight. The different is there....
            oops! sorry sis! tot u were a male actually. a thousand appology. may i know how much does the pro3 frame cost? im thinking of getting one of it since lots of people are commenting on the design... is it more to the beginner level or the advance?
            + i ` k a l +

Transmitter
            p c m 9 x
            RC Kite
            S c o r p i o n
            A L P H A B a b y
            Ice cream prototype

Comment

I not sure the price i guess is about 100++. anyway i going there on friday upgrate to brushless motor. I will ask the price.....

Comment

Working...
              X