X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Car caught Fire from Thunderpower Li-Poly

Hi all

I saw this in RCGroups:

Well, I lost my car today (I mean my REAL car, not rc car). I left my lipo packs on the passenger seat while I was working in my office. This afternoon, I got a call from security guy saying that my car caught a fire. The fireman came and totaled my car.

I couldn't find any other reason except the battery pack. The fire started exactly the same location as I placed the battery packs.

There were two packs, Kokam 1500MA 3cells and Thunder Power 2100MA 3cells. I could trace the Kokam pack. However, I could not find any residual of Thunder Power. So, I think it caused by Thunder Power. (I don't mean the pack has a problem. This may be because of my carelessness). The packs were not connected to anything. They were just there.

Today, I had an experience that Lipo pack can get a fire under high heat (or high temp weather). I hadn't a chance to take a picture on the scene. However, a colleague of mine tooks several pictures. I hope he post the picture in battery forum soon.

Just precaution. Only unusual thing I can think was the pack was somewhat hot yesterday as I mentioned. I don't understand why it got a fire almost after 15 hours later.

When I heard someone had a fire on their lipo pack, I couldn't believe it. I just thought the lipo pack is safe. However, today I realized it is not safe. If we just forget a small thing (like leaving them in the car in very hot weather), it can cause a serious problem.

Hope you guys be careful to use lipo packs. This lesson costed me a couple thousand dollars today....

Jeongnam

Super-Hornet

"Hope you guys be careful to use lipo packs. This lesson costed me a couple thousand dollars today...."

I liked that haha it's a good thing he's not living in singapore.

Comment

Working...
    X