Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing 450 Heli & TX overseas

I will be moving to overseas soon and i intend to bring my 450 Heli & TX along with me.

Do i need to declare or can i just dump everything in a carrying bag and carry them into plane?
    In politics, there are no permanent friends or enemies only permanent interest - Lord Palmerston

You can just dump you heli and TX into the bag and take it as a cabin luggage.

However:
    1. Please check with your air company which size of cabbin baggage is allowed. Most of them will not allow items longer then 60cm.
    2. LiPos are usually are not allowed to carry into the airport security zone. (At least i was not allowed to carry my LiPos with me in Dubai airport). So please check with you air company again. The safest way is to mail your LiPos to new location by EMS\Speedpost.

As an option you can also put your heli as a checked in baggage with applying "Fragile" tag. Air companies are usually careful enough with fragile items.

Comment

i've been bringing my helis on the road for almost two years now...so far a Trex450, Trex 500 and a Logo 400Se..of course not all of em on the same trip...countries i've been to was States, Japan (currently with a Logo 400Se), India...so far no issues...but flying to these countries, you need to bring your lipos as "carry-on"...i cannot remember the max Voltage and mAh that you can carry but you can call your airlines to check but i'm sure for a trex450 you won't go over the maximum capacity allowed...airlines i've been on with my rc stuff are United, Singapore, Cathay Pacific and JAL....i usually check my heli's with my main luggage...of course tools and charger also has to be check-in...hope this helps
      Gravity Always Wins.....

Comment

Working...
      X