Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging my car battery

Had a flat car batt today. Decided to put my new charger to the test. It worked flawlessly. It took a little over three hours and put in 10,000mA of juice.

what is the setting for the charger?
    fast charge at how many amp or slow charge?
    .................................................. ......................

1/10 On Road

Kyosho VoneRRR-EvoWC

1/8 Off-Road

Kyosho MP9

Member of EDMW plus NPNT

เวลาช่วยรักษาแผลใจ
    กับผมแล้วผมเห็นว่าเราชะนะแน่

Comment

Was your car without a battery during your charge? Normally workshop recommend running engine during battery swap to preserve ECU settings of the car.

Once my amron also dear. 1 cell down, 10.1 Volts no matter how long I charged. Lucky ur battery can be revived. Mine went to the karang guni man for lead recycling.
      Hanger
      Hirobo XRB SR Lama
      Hirobo Quark SRB
      Hirobo Quark SRB SG
      Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
      Blade450 3D
      MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
      COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
      Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
      FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
      Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
      HK FLYJET EDF
      Artech Skyfun
      Dynam P51D Mustang
      Parkzone P51

Tx:
      Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
      Spektrum DX6i
      DX8
      Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Originally posted by maskedrider View Post
        what is the setting for the charger?
        fast charge at how many amp or slow charge?
        I just set Pb and 45AH on the charger and start charging. It is all automatic.

I noticed for the 1st hour, its in CC mode, constant current( abt 13A from my power supply). Then next 2 hours, its in CV mode, constant voltage.

Just trying out the new emocons.

Comment

Originally posted by elmosan View Post
          Was your car without a battery during your charge? Normally workshop recommend running engine during battery swap to preserve ECU settings of the car.

Once my amron also dear. 1 cell down, 10.1 Volts no matter how long I charged. Lucky ur battery can be revived. Mine went to the karang guni man for lead recycling.
          Yup, car was w/o batt. Mine just a normal bread n butter car, no need preserve ECU settings. Radio station presets all gone, but tv station presets still available. Just re-tune ok liao. Manual lock all four doors cos central locking n alarm not working too.:laugh16:

Comment

I always try to keep a 3s 2200mAh on the car. Saved me once, i connected to the main battery and VROOM!
            Hanger
            Hirobo XRB SR Lama
            Hirobo Quark SRB
            Hirobo Quark SRB SG
            Blade450 3D
            MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)

Plane
            Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
            FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
            Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
            HK FLYJET EDF
            Artech Skyfun
            Dynam P51D Mustang
            Parkzone P51

Tx:
            Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
            Spektrum DX6i
            DX8
            Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Originally posted by elmosan View Post
              I always try to keep a 3s 2200mAh on the car. Saved me once, i connected to the main battery and VROOM!
              Must be a pretty high C pack? The starter motor draws around 100A according to what I read, so at least a 40C?

Been wanting to try starting a car with lipo. Just need to make a bullet connector to jumper crocodile clips harness. Should be very useful when the car batt dies (had one die recently too).

Adrian, keep an eye on that battery. Once lead acid goes flat, it can become weak and die again easily.

Comment

Originally posted by jtchoy View Post
                Must be a pretty high C pack? The starter motor draws around 100A according to what I read, so at least a 40C?

Been wanting to try starting a car with lipo. Just need to make a bullet connector to jumper crocodile clips harness. Should be very useful when the car batt dies (had one die recently too).

Adrian, keep an eye on that battery. Once lead acid goes flat, it can become weak and die again easily.
                Actually only 40c, nanotech. Feels good when hooked up and starter motor engaged. Damn solid power. That same pack lasted me for 1 super busy week starting my engine time after time, before I was free to book appointment with workshop.
                Hanger
                Hirobo XRB SR Lama
                Hirobo Quark SRB
                Hirobo Quark SRB SG
                Blade450 3D
                MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)

Plane
                Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
                FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
                Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
                HK FLYJET EDF
                Artech Skyfun
                Dynam P51D Mustang
                Parkzone P51

Tx:
                Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
                Spektrum DX6i
                DX8
                Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Actually some car manufacturers recommend that the car be put on trickle charge if the daily journey is too short...probably because modern cars use so much battery and yet have alternators that are not too active in engaging.

Adrian, last time my old camry required a ecu reflash after I took the battery out. Otherwise, the car was unable to idle properly...so even bread and butter car can be susceptible to ecu reset...really don't know why cars are getting so complicated.

sigpic

Comment

Actually do not run the engine without the battery connected....this is totally wrong, the alternator circuit will short out...

Someone did it once to my volvo and that alternator cost 6k , lucky he paid for it.

The correct way is to get a replacement device and plug into the cig lighter circuit to preserve the ECU settings...

Most are using dephi or bosch engine management system and after 2004.....it will auto reset....just need to unplug the engine fuse wait for one min and plug in again.
                    sigpic

I want to learn how to HOVER...lol

Training orientation MSRx with DX8 , Training up to TDR....Realflight 6.0

May Ah Pa bless me with the will to fly and stop buying Heli till i can hover...lol

Comment

Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
                      Actually some car manufacturers recommend that the car be put on trickle charge if the daily journey is too short...probably because modern cars use so much battery and yet have alternators that are not too active in engaging.

Adrian, last time my old camry required a ecu reflash after I took the battery out. Otherwise, the car was unable to idle properly...so even bread and butter car can be susceptible to ecu reset...really don't know why cars are getting so complicated.
                      Mine so far no problems at all. Car working fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X