• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid or ignorant

This was taken on CTE towards SLE.

Originally posted by perfect1 View Post
    That's nothing ! ...every Sat morning, I encounter whole mobs (30 over cyclists at a go) cycling nonchalantly on the newly open road which leads from Punggol to Seletar Airport ...as if they were cycling at east coast park !
    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

I think this cyclist pay road tax and insurance.

Comment

I happen to be one of those cyclists that that ride that newly open road from Ponggol to Seletar Airport.

If you are driving past us, please don't horn us when you are just 10m behind the pack (yes there are idiot drivers out there too who want to scare the sit out of us), imagine me doing to you that when you are flying your RC plane. Horning to warn your approach 50m back will be more than enough as we are not deaf.

And do give us a wide berth of 1.5M when you overtake the pack, should we have to do emergency maneuvers around stones and potholes, we don't want you to run us down.

Lets share the road, and lets all be save.

And yes, I do pay road tax too, unfortunately.

And yes, the guy riding on the highway is an idiot too.
        Do you feel the RUSH....!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by perfect1 View Post
          No!He's probably brain dead.And soon to be lame or dead.

Comment

He could be looking for some lost item on the road other than that its out of his mind
            Scratch building is more than cutting balsa wood and gluing them. Its a complex process that will test even the most resilient of people

Comment

To be tolerant of others is the way to graceful living. Period.
              sigpic

I want to learn how to HOVER...lol

Training orientation MSRx with DX8 , Training up to TDR....Realflight 6.0

May Ah Pa bless me with the will to fly and stop buying Heli till i can hover...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post

And yes, I do pay road tax too, unfortunately.
                Sorry bicycle got road tax? Does mean they have insurance too?
                What happen if 1 of these bicycle hit your car, does this mean we can claim insurance from them?

I got hit by one before and lost part of my ncd after repairing my car.

Comment

Dennis,

Change your insurance company. I got hit by a car before who reversed into me. I claimed my own insurance but no change to my NCD. Whichever cyclist hit you must have been riding a tank to cause that much damage for your NCD to be revoked.

The same applies to us Rc fliers who may hit A car. How?

Comment

My front passenger door had a severe dent caused by a bicycle. I kind of live with it since it will cost me around $800 to fix it. The last I checked, the bicycle rider didn't have insurance. Yes, I could have sued the guy to recover cost of repair but didn't for obvious reasons.

Talk about maintaining 1.5m with the cyclist, have you guys seen cyclists doing parallel cycling on a busy road?

At the end of the day, all are road users. please exercise care and don't take things for granted when you are on the road.

Originally posted by chiadennis View Post
                    Sorry bicycle got road tax? Does mean they have insurance too?
                    What happen if 1 of these bicycle hit your car, does this mean we can claim insurance from them?

I got hit by one before and lost part of my ncd after repairing my car.
                    If you are feeling down....just pull up the stick!

Comment

That was years ago when I got hit. Dented the bonnet and broke the headlights. Panel beating, headlight n grill replacement and painting cost me $900. Ncd increase from 50% to 40%.

But you still didn't answer my question?
                      You said you pay road tax, is this for your bicycle?
                      I do know long time ago there was bicycles license but I have not heard of bicycle road tax?

Comment

My point is this. Share the road. Silly comments about Who pays road tax and hence alluding as to who have the right to use the road gets no one anywhere. It's sad that Singaporeans bitch about things like that. I'm both cyclist and driver and if you take patience and safety as your mantra, you would not bitch at cyclist sharing the road.

As far as traffic law is concerned, the cyclist should not be riding on the highway. It's against the law. Period. Let's not drag other issues into this.

Comment

I pay road tax as a driver Dennis. And as a driver I exercise care with other vehicles on the road including cyclist. So please don't crucify cyclist as there are more dangerous road vehicles out there.

If you are a cyclist( serious one). You would know exactly why we ride in formation.

So rather than try to explain, I invite you on a road ride with me and you will understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                            I pay road tax as a driver Dennis. And as a driver I exercise care with other vehicles on the road including cyclist. So please don't crucify cyclist as there are more dangerous road vehicles out there.

If you are a cyclist( serious one). You would know exactly why we ride in formation.

So rather than try to explain, I invite you on a road ride with me and you will understand.
                            I am not trying to start anything. When you said that "you pay road tax unfortunately", I thought you were referring to some form of taxation for bicycle. I am not a cyclist so I just asking a simply is there such thing as bicycle road tax? I know my younger days there were bicycle license, now I don't know?
                            So is it wrong to asked? Is there any such payment for bicycle to gov?

If cyclist wishes to be respected of the road, they should also observer road signs and traffic lights. Punggol / sengkang area are one place where I see many cyclist group not observing traffic lights and convoy through red lights. and guess what most of these cyclists are Ang moh they don't stop at redlights we as drivers need to stop for them we if even though have the right of way.

How many cyclists have been killed in coaster road at changi airport? I drive through there going to work at 6:45am. There are bicycle path beside the road that was built by gov and yet these ppl use the main road with all the truck going to cargo complex for delivery. If they are killed who get traumatize? Driver are the ones that have to live with the fact that they killed someone..

Hawkeye, you wear two hats, driver and cyclist. You should know what I am talking about? If I said something that offended you, I sincerely appolgise.

Comment

Dennis no offense taken. I just get tired of drivers ranting away when they are not cyclist themselves. Yes we take risks, and some do run red lights unfortunately. But for most cases I get cheesed with drivers who deliberately try to screw you when the road is wide enough for all.

No amount of rules can make drivers and cyclist safe. It is the cylist and the driver who needs to take responsibility of safety. If other countries can do it I don't see why we can't in Singapore. It's all about the attitude.

Cheers and peace.

Comment

Working...
                              X